Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will GQP cancel baseball now?

Yes yes. MLB a showing their “values” as a sport by getting their All-Star game out of voter suppressing states!

Fantastic!

Pulling the MLB draft from GA too!

Mucho credit to MLB. Not easy to move the game this quickly

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yes yes. MLB a showing their “values” as a sport by getting their All-Star game out of voter suppressing states!

Fantastic!

A large part of their fan base and players are minorities. It's as much a business decision as a statement. But regardless the reasons, shot fired across the bow.

Comment

Fantastic!

Will be watching and buying more baseball gear for sure.

Comment

They are protesting the voter ID requirement. So not sure if good fully.
        I guess MLB will be tossing out that ID requirement for beer and checking against credit cards when purchases being made through out all stadiums and venues.

Comment

I guess MLB will be tossing out that ID requirement for beer and checking against credit cards when purchases being made through out all stadiums and venues.
          That is a good things as they should get rid of the ID requirement to buy beer at the ballpark as it limits the ability for people of color to purchase those items.

Comment

Will be watching and buying more baseball gear for sure.
            Me too.

Over the past couple years I’ve FINALLY adopted the Sox as my team of choice since moving here 25 years ago. To the point of even catching some Pawsox games too!

This completes the cycle for me. Baseball moves to front of line Re: who I patronize post pandemic

Of course, I’m sure MLB did the market research and know EXACTLY what they are doing with this move 🙂

Like I tell cons that used to sort of almost were friends before they went over the ledge with Trump ......

In the end, the Invisible Hand of the “Market” will decide many of the culture wars we battle over and all the signs are things aren’t going your way, cons.

Insurrection may soon be all you have left

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
              they are protesting the voter id requirement. So not sure if good fully.
              I guess mlb will be tossing out that id requirement for beer and checking against credit cards when purchases being made through out all stadiums and venues.
              💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯

Comment

Stadium owners and concession stand vendors are in charge of that, not the MLB.

The voter law protests are about much more than voter IDs. I'm not a big baseball fan (but will go the Sox now and then with friends and family) but applaud the move.

Comment

They are also protesting:

-Getting rid of many ballot boxes in minority communities, which cause longer lines in those communities. In the 4 most populous black counties (Fulton, Cobb, DeKalb and Gwinnett) they have reduced ballot boxes from 94 to 23. Why in the world would they ever do that?

-They are protesting shortening the period of the runoff election, which republicans think was the reason their two senators lost their runoffs.

-They are protesting the early voting period is expanded in the smaller counties with low minority populations.

-They are protesting voters having less time to request absentee ballots.

-They are protesting because absentee ballots will only be mailed upon request.

--They are protesting because because now absentee ballots will be counted after the polls close. And now the republican legislature will make the final call on absentee ballot and all other voting issues, which was never the case before.

-They are protesting because the new laws are designed to cause much longer waiting times in urban areas dominated by minority democrat voters while at the same time not allowing anyone to give them food and water.

But if I were republican I would make it a voter id issue and sweep everything else under the rug, since those other things are very difficult to justify. No food for you is not a good republican motto.

Comment

They are also protesting:

-Getting rid of many ballot boxes in minority communities, which cause longer lines in those communities. In the 4 most populous black counties (Fulton, Cobb, DeKalb and Gwinnett) they have reduced ballot boxes from 94 to 23. Why in the world would they ever do that?

-They are protesting shortening the period of the runoff election, which republicans think was the reason their two senators lost their runoffs.

-They are protesting the early voting period is expanded in the smaller counties with low minority populations.

-They are protesting voters having less time to request absentee ballots.

-They are protesting because absentee ballots will only be mailed upon request.

--They are protesting because because now absentee ballots will be counted after the polls close. And now the republican legislature will make the final call on absentee ballot and all other voting issues, which was never the case before.

-They are protesting because the new laws are designed to cause much longer waiting times in urban areas dominated by minority democrat voters while at the same time not allowing anyone to give them food and water.

But if I were republican I would make it a voter id issue and sweep everything else under the rug, since those other things are very difficult to justify. No food for you is not a good republican motto.

Those measures hurt all voters, not just Democratic ones, but the GOP would rather restrict all voters to improve their chances of winning. Their failures go up every time the voter numbers go up

Comment

GA law:note it isn't just about voting but who controls election officials. Let's say it's not exactly a bipartisan move.

Voters will now have less time to request absentee ballots.
                      There are strict new ID requirements for absentee ballots.
                      It’s now illegal for election officials to mail out absentee ballot applications to all voters.
                      Drop boxes still exist … but barely.
                      Mobile voting centers (think an R.V. where you can vote) are essentially banned.
                      Early voting is expanded in a lot of small counties, but probably not in more populous ones.
                      Offering food or water to voters waiting in line now risks misdemeanor charges.
                      If you go to the wrong polling place, it will be (even) harder to vote.
                      If election problems arise, a common occurrence, it is now more difficult to extend voting hours.
                      With a mix of changes to vote-counting, high-turnout elections will probably mean a long wait for results.
                      Election officials can no longer accept third-party funding (a measure that nods to right-wing conspiracy theories).
                      With an eye toward voter fraud, the state attorney general will manage an election hotline.
                      The Republican-controlled legislature has more control over the State Election Board.
                      The secretary of state is removed as a voting member of the State Election Board.
                      The G.O.P.-led legislature is empowered to suspend county election officials.
                      Runoff elections will happen faster — and could become harder to manage.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/02/u...gtype=Homepage

American Airlines and Dll computers are making noise against TX doing a similar bill

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X