Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEP President also League Director?

So, AS, new Director of the NEP is also the President. Is that even legal?

If LL sanctioned it, it should be allowed. AS = LL puppet!

Comment

No one else probably wanted the job. Place is in shambles.

Comment

Ok, I’m the idiot...explain the issue here? I don’t understand why it’s a bad thing. Are directors and presidents supposed to be different entities?

Comment

This happens all the time in the corporate world with interested and independent directors. The interested directors are senior management personnel. Typically boards would have at least 75% independent directors. Depending on the board governance documents, interested directors may or may not have a vote on matters that come before the board.

Comment

AS is still a part owner in a club. He’s paid pretty well to run the league and yes, no one wanted to step up as President, especially as things start to tumble.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              AS is still a part owner in a club. He’s paid pretty well to run the league and yes, no one wanted to step up as President, especially as things start to tumble.
              My sources told me he sold his stake in LFC,

They have not filed their end of 2020 report yet which they would revise the board, but the secretary of state fillings from last August denote he is still a director till 2023,

https://corp.sec.state.ma.us/CorpWeb...XFTSf1l1_pPg--

Comment

So, AS, new Director of the NEP is also the President. Is that even legal?
                Not according to the 28th amendment?

Comment

This happens all the time in the corporate world with interested and independent directors. The interested directors are senior management personnel. Typically boards would have at least 75% independent directors. Depending on the board governance documents, interested directors may or may not have a vote on matters that come before the board.
                  Correct, think of him as the General Manager that is also President of the board of directors, this is how 80% of small businesses in America are setup.

All that usually means is that he will run the BOD of meetings, but as the poster above say, there might be somethings he does not get to vote on.

Comment

Who f*cking cares!?!?

Comment

Who f*cking cares!?!?
                      Anyone that has integrity

Comment

Anyone that has integrity
                        Parents don't care, kids don't care, most coaches don't care. I guess they all lack integrity.

Comment

Parents don't care, kids don't care, most coaches don't care. I guess they all lack integrity.
                          Another nail in the coffin

Comment

The nep is a stain on soccer.

Comment

The nep is a stain on soccer.
                              The biggest issue with the NEP is that all the owners want to live like Kings drive Range Rovers, live in the W towns make as much money as possible, and protect their business with league spots,

I have nothing against people coaching/running a soccer club full-time,

They care about their bank accounts rather than offering an excellent service.

Stars, Scorpions, and NEFC seem to be the least greedy and offer the best service to their top teams. The biggest difference there is the college recurring connections they have as well at the top level.

The business is not asset heavy and there is little barrier to entry, meaning that coaches can leave and start on their own pretty easily.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X