•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

📖

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yeah - KX - screaming at kids and ridiculing them is not coaching
    The only coach who shows the kids everything and makes sure the kids get the information.

Comment

Ok so here’s the thing. If it’s a bad habit, then doing a quick call out isn’t probably going to be that effective anyway. What US Soccer wants you to do is to freeze play and talk through the mistake so all can learn. I would imagine at least multiple players are doing the same thing.

Not stopping play and simply ragging on the player isn’t going to help because they clearly don’t see the bigger reason for the suggested behavior. Help them see it.
      It's not. "Freezing Play" is old thinking. US Soccer wants coaches to help kids figure out the answer themselves

Comment

📖

It's not. "Freezing Play" is old thinking. US Soccer wants coaches to help kids figure out the answer themselves
        Yeah how’s that going

Comment

Fsa kids still trying to figure it out, just like club management

Comment

Yeah how’s that going
            That was exactly what my licensing coach chastised me for several years ago, but I am sick of watching the kids make the same mistake over and over and never getting it. Stop the play a couple of times, talk it over and if it continues, pull the player until the understand. Give and gos don't work when you consistently play the ball being the kid that went because you held it too long and can't play it through where the defender is now standing.

Comment

📖

Yeah - KX - screaming at kids and ridiculing them is not coaching
              Take your kid somewhere else, where he will get a “good job” and you just gave out 3/4K.

Comment

📖

Fsa kids still trying to figure it out, just like club management
                FSA can’t develop, money grabber.

Comment

OW still the place to go for boys in CT despite all the bashing and "club is in free fall" nonsense.

Comment

OW for boys? come on now.. They are to chicken s##t to play fsa....

Comment

📖

OW for boys? come on now.. They are to chicken s##t to play fsa....
                      FSA you play HS get educated, OW you play all year around!!!! ECNL 22 kids on the roster 4K plus driving, hotels, gas and food easy 10K you just made the Italians richer 😂 horrible style of play kick and run England 1960-1980.

Comment

💵

That was exactly what my licensing coach chastised me for several years ago, but I am sick of watching the kids make the same mistake over and over and never getting it. Stop the play a couple of times, talk it over and if it continues, pull the player until the understand. Give and gos don't work when you consistently play the ball being the kid that went because you held it too long and can't play it through where the defender is now standing.
                        Sounds like you coach at a high level maybe you should take you kid to NYFC.

Comment

Not true. Take course again. Use the suggested phrases during free play, freeze play for breakdown of today’s focus using recent example on the field, resume play or go to the related goal oriented drill, and finish up with free play direct commentary toward that days skill.

Comment

FSA you play HS get educated, OW you play all year around!!!! ECNL 22 kids on the roster 4K plus driving, hotels, gas and food easy 10K you just made the Italians richer 😂 horrible style of play kick and run England 1960-1980.
                            We have played both teams in our age group .... FSA definite better than oakwood. No doubt at all.

Comment

📰📰📰

If it is the coach I have seen , he can't develop , only poach. Great salesman though.
                              Only the younger boys coach there can develop

Comment

And you know that because.........?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X