X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is wrong with the USA

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What part are you having a hard time understanding. I thought (beyond spell check errors) my point was very clear.

"You keep hearing about why is USA soccer not developing players, but they are"
    This part you dumb@ss....immediatly after this statement you go on and on about the european leagues taking our athletes.

You contradicted your own statement...USA soccer is obviously NOT Developing Players as they are being developed overseas as you stated.

You write this BS. not me.

Comment

"You keep hearing about why is USA soccer not developing players, but they are"
      This part you dumb@ss....immediatly after this statement you go on and on about the european leagues taking our athletes.

You contradicted your own statement...USA soccer is obviously NOT Developing Players as they are being developed overseas as you stated.

You write this BS. not me.
      What’s with the language you little angry man. The point being made is the USA are developing players but to get to the next level they choose to go to Europe. That’s the point USA cannot develop players beyond the age of 16/17. The European clubs re just better while here in the States it’s about going to college and hopefully play in college. There is no contradiction your just an nary “little man” that all that just doesn’t want to think before you pontificate. Go take a walk outside it’s a beautiful day.

Comment

Our players play in youth and then the DA and then get sucked into European clubs at around 16. The DA was doing great for U13 to U15 and some kids could have made MLS first teams and some had the opp to go to Europe. So DA was at least a *part* of the (limited) success we have had with this team.

Comment

What’s with the language you little angry man. The point being made is the USA are developing players but to get to the next level they choose to go to Europe. That’s the point USA cannot develop players beyond the age of 16/17. The European clubs re just better while here in the States it’s about going to college and hopefully play in college. There is no contradiction your just an nary “little man” that all that just doesn’t want to think before you pontificate. Go take a walk outside it’s a beautiful day.

Get a hold of yourself, i just call it like I see it...and i say BULLSH_T!

"In this upcoming World Cup cycle team USA could potentially have the most talented gifted and experienced team ever. The core group will be experienced playing Champions league, Europa league as well as for the top leagues in the world"

Your comment above is a similar comment i have heard many many times every 4 years leading up to the WC so yea, its making me yawn.

Comment

The question is what is wrong with USA Soccer. The answer is nothing. Development up to U15/16 has been improving. With the balance of the upcoming USA World Cup players coming from current players presently playing in the top leagues in Europe as well as playing Champions league, Europa league and league cups is preparing these young American players for the World Cup. The development of these players began here in the States and the best players have now taken it to the next level. The USA has to figure how to compete against the best leagues in the world until then, the best will continue to follow Pulisic et. al. to the best competition.

Comment

In 2014 the USMNT had their best year.
              Why?
              Obama baby. The grand Daddy.
              Now watch closely because Monster Joe will ensure future success.
              Paul

Comment

The question is what is wrong with USA Soccer. The answer is nothing. Development up to U15/16 has been improving. With the balance of the upcoming USA World Cup players coming from current players presently playing in the top leagues in Europe as well as playing Champions league, Europa league and league cups is preparing these young American players for the World Cup. The development of these players began here in the States and the best players have now taken it to the next level. The USA has to figure how to compete against the best leagues in the world until then, the best will continue to follow Pulisic et. al. to the best competition.
                all these anonymous experts on TS...is it a wonder why none of you are working for us soccer and or uefa?

Comment

all these anonymous experts on TS...is it a wonder why none of you are working for us soccer and or uefa?
                  So that makes you an anonymous expert as well. Welcome to the anonymous club. It just shows that everyone has an opinion. As I have said many times anyone who answers anonymously is answering with their opinion. It does not make it factual. Like I said there is nothing wrong with American soccer or players. It’s US Soccer that needs to grow up and learn how to compete and co-exist with the rest of the soccer world. The reason for not qualifying has nothing to do with the players because of external reasons they couldn’t get the best players available for numerous reasons. That being said US Soccer did not hire a proper manager and prepare for the qualifications. Th group of young Americans now playing around the world is unprecedented. If USA pick Michael Bradley, Altidore & Zarde for the WC qualifiers then that will further show how inept US Soccer is with MLS Soccer.

Comment

So that makes you an anonymous expert as well. Welcome to the anonymous club. It just shows that everyone has an opinion. As I have said many times anyone who answers anonymously is answering with their opinion. It does not make it factual. Like I said there is nothing wrong with American soccer or players. It’s US Soccer that needs to grow up and learn how to compete and co-exist with the rest of the soccer world. The reason for not qualifying has nothing to do with the players because of external reasons they couldn’t get the best players available for numerous reasons. That being said US Soccer did not hire a proper manager and prepare for the qualifications. Th group of young Americans now playing around the world is unprecedented. If USA pick Michael Bradley, Altidore & Zarde for the WC qualifiers then that will further show how inept US Soccer is with MLS Soccer.
                    thanks for your opinion...like you said, everyone has one, just like we all have an @sshole.
                    FYI, This means your opinion is not special.

Comment

thanks for your opinion...like you said, everyone has one, just like we all have an @sshole.
                      FYI, This means your opinion is not special.
                      The difference is I do not need to call you names and be angry in my response. What this board lacks are grown ups who respond instead of anonymous adults who have never grown up. People will listen to what someone posts who can answer without showing their anger and write without being angry with the world. Try it next time no maybe people will listen to your opinion.just a little advice and my opinion.

Comment

It was a valid point and the anti-DA crowd just hates to acknowledge that the system was really starting to pay off for the boys.
                        Yes, lack of qualification for so many recent world soccer events is a good indication. DA has the benefit of thousands and thousands of players and the fact that we now have 5 or 6 guys who are in european A leagues is proof for you that it worked? None are marquis players by european standards and our teams have yet to accomplish qualification for a major tournament in several years (I think 12 for the olympics!). Great job USSF, keep lining your pockets and helping out your cronies. What a f%*$ing joke they are ... laughing stock of the world I would bet.

Comment

The difference is I do not need to call you names and be angry in my response. What this board lacks are grown ups who respond instead of anonymous adults who have never grown up. People will listen to what someone posts who can answer without showing their anger and write without being angry with the world. Try it next time no maybe people will listen to your opinion.just a little advice and my opinion.
                          again, your opinion is duly noted and will be filed away with the millions of others.

You really think your pointless opinions have never been posted by 1000s of others on these boards? you really think your opinions is equal to the discovery of plutonium?

have you applied for a job yet with us soccer and/or uefa to fix their problems?

Comment

As for development improving at the younger ages, yes that somewhat true. Many youth teams have kind of been in the mix up until about U16. Problem is around that age kids go pro in other countries and are playing nonstop with professional teams. Ours at best play part time on an MLS team, then many go on to play in college. From 16+ you see a huge chasm develop between the US and the rest of the world.

Comment

Yes, lack of qualification for so many recent world soccer events is a good indication. DA has the benefit of thousands and thousands of players and the fact that we now have 5 or 6 guys who are in european A leagues is proof for you that it worked? None are marquis players by european standards and our teams have yet to accomplish qualification for a major tournament in several years (I think 12 for the olympics!). Great job USSF, keep lining your pockets and helping out your cronies. What a f%*$ing joke they are ... laughing stock of the world I would bet.
                              Foreign players take more and more US college roster posts each year also, and the players largely rejects from international academies. Why aren't US players taking those spots if we're doing better on development? I bet the op can't answer that question.

Comment

Foreign players take more and more US college roster posts each year also, and the players largely rejects from international academies. Why aren't US players taking those spots if we're doing better on development? I bet the op can't answer that question.
                                also, why is it that approximately 80% of all college scholarships are going to foreign players?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X