Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SUSA Training VS BARCA NY U7-U13

Lets hash this out and settle this once and for all, Whos training is better and how those the training benefit player development long term?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Lets hash this out and settle this once and for all, Whos training is better and how those the training benefit player development long term?
    if you can make the barca pro team....training is the best hands down as the trainers are from spain and train the kids differently than anything we are used to.

If not on the top team at Barca, you get a regular "run of the mill" LI american soccer coach.
    No better or worse than susa (or any other academy type club). same sh-t with a different badge.

Comment

if you can make the barca pro team....training is the best hands down as the trainers are from spain and train the kids differently than anything we are used to.

If not on the top team at Barca, you get a regular "run of the mill" LI american soccer coach.
      No better or worse than susa (or any other academy type club). same sh-t with a different badge.
      You are correct on this statement. Although Susa does pay its bills unlike Barca. Always trying to find new fields because they never pay for the ones used already

Comment

You are correct on this statement. Although Susa does pay its bills unlike Barca. Always trying to find new fields because they never pay for the ones used already
        the thread is about Training and not Accounting and/or Finances....lets stay on topic.

Honestly, If my kid is happy playing...*** do i care if the club pays its bills or not? Not my problem. I have a choice to join them for a year commitment.

Comment

the thread is about Training and not Accounting and/or Finances....lets stay on topic.

Honestly, If my kid is happy playing...*** do i care if the club pays its bills or not? Not my problem. I have a choice to join them for a year commitment.
          Exactly! The clubs all have issues. Its the training that is most important thing for the better players and families who understand sports. I wish susa would prioritize their training and not insulting coaches who aren't brining in enough players but are fantastic trainers. If that is susa's business model; not to develop and just churn the teams, than even the most ignorant will see and it will run its course. Great fields, mostly organized but training needs to catch up with the price tag and expectations they place on their players.

Training wise Barca is better and there is "more" better trainers than susa right now. I can't argue otherwise.

Comment

Exactly! The clubs all have issues. Its the training that is most important thing for the better players and families who understand sports. I wish susa would prioritize their training and not insulting coaches who aren't bringing in enough players but are fantastic trainers. If that is susa's business model; not to develop and just churn the teams, than even the most ignorant will see and it will run its course. Great fields, mostly organized but training needs to catch up with the price tag and expectations they place on their players.

Training wise Barca is better and there is "more" better trainers than susa right now. I can't argue otherwise.
            I meant susa trainers not recruiting enough players to come to susa.

Comment

we wish our kid had started with barca in intramural age. They really teach the barca style of possession play. I have seen the progression in the last year. There are games they just move the ball and act independently. They dont need a coach yelling instructions to move and pass. they really teach them to play, not just clear the ball and run. sometimes it is frustrating as a parent, because it is a process. in the beginning they got beat up by teams who were fast. now their passing and thinking is fast and the frustrate other teams. it really is good stuff. our neighbors daughter is on susa, same age. he saw them play and could not believe how much better their soccer knowledge and finesse was.

Comment

Barça sent out an email telling their players not to train with other teams and organizations because no one trains as good as Barça.

SUSA told kids not to play HS soccer and train at other programs because they want all the money families are willing to spend on sports.

Both groups seem to really care about the kids and the development of those kids.

Comment

Both Barca and Susa are mediocre pay to play operations. Both suck. If a kid is decent, go to NYCFC.

Comment

Barça sent out an email telling their players not to train with other teams and organizations because no one trains as good as Barça.

SUSA told kids not to play HS soccer and train at other programs because they want all the money families are willing to spend on sports.

Both groups seem to really care about the kids and the development of those kids.
                    nobody cares about those rules, i know of many kids from both susa and barca playing with different teams. what is susa/barca gonna do? send the soccer police after you? bench your kid when he/she is a valuable player? (probably because he/she spends as much time with the ball as can.) rules are for suckers.

Comment

I’ll tell you who Barca is not for in this age group. The parent that wants his kid to have as many offensive reps a possible. I have had ex-Barca parents mention that there kid was looking to pass outside the 6 yard box. They were very frustrated and felt the pass, pass, pass mentality had taken away from their son who was already a scorer.

Comment

I’ll tell you who Barca is not for in this age group. The parent that wants his kid to have as many offensive reps a possible. I have had ex-Barca parents mention that there kid was looking to pass outside the 6 yard box. They were very frustrated and felt the pass, pass, pass mentality had taken away from their son who was already a scorer.
                        oh yea, like i'm gonna listen to the all knowing LI soccer parent, GTFOH!!!
                        FYI, the little "goal scorer" mini messi wanna be. is not special. There are 1000s and 1000s of little "goal scorer" mini messi wanna bees all over NY and the USA.

Gotta learn to play the game and not be selfish for development.

Comment

FYI, the little "goal scorer" mini messi wanna be. is not special. There are 1000s and 1000s of little "goal scorer" mini messi wanna bees all over NY and the USA.

It is the parents who want to see the fast action, run past everyone and score. At little ages those kids are superstars. They fade when they dont learn to pass and just end up as they get older being the ball hog dribbling into defenders and loosing the ball. They are no longer special.

That was what the other guy said about having patience to teach them the game. At U9 they are not trying out get a college scholarship yet.

Comment

Couldn't agree more about what you are saying but being selfish and IQ deficient is exactly what some of these clubs want. Most of the unqualified babysitters out there rather a kid with their head down running themselves into double or triple coverage or out of bounds, than the kid who sees the field and knows a pass will beat any player/multiple players seven days a week. There is a time to take players 1v1 and a lot of times where you need to allow the ball to do the work. Those who know and love this game see the studs who have wicked soccer IQ and you will be rewarded when it counts. You can't help that some of these clubs are chasing wins over development.

Comment

It is the parents who want to see the fast action, run past everyone and score. At little ages those kids are superstars. They fade when they dont learn to pass and just end up as they get older being the ball hog dribbling into defenders and loosing the ball. They are no longer special.

That was what the other guy said about having patience to teach them the game. At U9 they are not trying out get a college scholarship yet.
                              tell that to the u9 parent!!!!! they will look at you with scorn and contempt "how dare you say my kid is not good"

Open message to any parents of kids U12 and younger: you are only playing rec ball and not real soccer. Not until you play on a full size field, 11v11, and a full size ball (#5) its not a real soccer game.

so when little timmy and katey is playing, sit back with a coke and a smile and STFU!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X