X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Came here to say this. Sometimes it's the coaches failure not the player
    Agreed, but you are missing the point. No one is saying she has not improved. I am saying she is not an All American if its done purely on performances and/or talent.

Also another problem with womens soccer in general, its praise or silence. Needs to be room for criticism as well if backed up by facts. Go watch the NCAA games and tell me if QBing a team that I think had 11 straight shutouts prepared her for the level she faced. Vs an ACC team with good talent, she suddenly looked ordinary. Thats not coaching or her. Thats her level. Thats the teams level and its OK. Lets not pretend its the best in America..its not close.

Comment

Agreed, but you are missing the point. No one is saying she has not improved. I am saying she is not an All American if its done purely on performances and/or talent.

Also another problem with womens soccer in general, its praise or silence. Needs to be room for criticism as well if backed up by facts. Go watch the NCAA games and tell me if QBing a team that I think had 11 straight shutouts prepared her for the level she faced. Vs an ACC team with good talent, she suddenly looked ordinary. Thats not coaching or her. Thats her level. Thats the teams level and its OK. Lets not pretend its the best in America..its not close.
      Sure. We get it. Bunkering is not hand to hand combat and when faced with a p5 conf top team, the inequity showed. But she alone was not going to fix it.

The award was given because of her value throughout the yr and how she made a difference when teams were drawing up schemes to play against her and her team. If a team has to game plan around her, then she has earned her stripes.

Is All American deserved? If her team does not get to ncaa's, probably not. Regional only

But because they did and by bunkering vs WVirg were credited with an upset. Maybe that was enough.

I forget, did she cause the WVirg pk that resulted in the game winning pk/goal? Did she have a great defensive game? If so, probably swayed the committee.

Comment

Sure. We get it. Bunkering is not hand to hand combat and when faced with a p5 conf top team, the inequity showed. But she alone was not going to fix it.

The award was given because of her value throughout the yr and how she made a difference when teams were drawing up schemes to play against her and her team. If a team has to game plan around her, then she has earned her stripes.

Is All American deserved? If her team does not get to ncaa's, probably not. Regional only

But because they did and by bunkering vs WVirg were credited with an upset. Maybe that was enough.

I forget, did she cause the WVirg pk that resulted in the game winning pk/goal? Did she have a great defensive game? If so, probably swayed the committee.
        Being the best player on poorer teams does not make you a better player. Just means you found your level. Call it MVP then. Best players it isnt.

Comment

Continuing with my above post:
          Let's not forget that both UVa v WVirg games were anyone's game.

Comment

Being the best player on poorer teams does not make you a better player. Just means you found your level. Call it MVP then. Best players it isnt.
            They made it to top 16 ncaa's. That isn't chump change or a "poorer team."

Comment

They made it to top 16 ncaa's. That isn't chump change or a "poorer team."
              Rice was nationally ranked by United Coaches as well. And they defeated nationally ranked West Virg. Lastly, she was/is a 90 min player.
              All of this plays into it.

Comment

Call it a difference maker on a team that made it to sweet 16 in ncaa's.

Comment

These BC folks just hate to see someone succeed.

Comment

Envy is a sin fellow catholics. Thought it was worth throwing out there.

Comment

Rats on a sinking ship.

Comment

Here we go. If a conversation has to be about ice cream and apple pie, then its pointless. For me, a first team AA should be a player who would walk on and start for any team in the country. They have become representation awards that are divided among conferences and players to give the illusion of equality. MR represents that.

Comment

Here we go. If a conversation has to be about ice cream and apple pie, then its pointless. For me, a first team AA should be a player who would walk on and start for any team in the country. They have become representation awards that are divided among conferences and players to give the illusion of equality. MR represents that.
                          I thought many of the UNC players looked pretty bad in a game not against a p5 team in ncaa's. So based on your thinking, they are not AA quality either.

Comment

I thought many of the UNC players looked pretty bad in a game not against a p5 team in ncaa's. So based on your thinking, they are not AA quality either.
                            Aren't you picking up on that poster's vibe, only acc kids are AA deserving. And his or hers was overlooked. Silly committee.

Comment

I thought SY was terrible. Watched USC run right through her and her Wash team to score 5 second half goals. But she is on there. Not 1st team but still. **it Happens.

Comment

No sh-t. My thoughts exactly. Seems like someone you still has an ax to grind against this player now at Rice. She’s an All-American (and also was Herman trophy semi finalists per her bio), just get over it. Do you think all the awards should only go to ACC kids and the other D1 conferences are just for fun? Arogant!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X