X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Oh boy, here we go again.

They tried that before with the thorns academy. Then the costs started creeping up. The coaching quality was not great in my opinion.

How do they plan to fund the thorns? Money they are making from OYSA? We all know there is very little money in women's soccer and I doubt they are doing it for charitable purposes.

Most of the players that went through the thorns programs didn't seem to improve much.

I think they will really struggle to get the elite players. But if the plan is to just have a girls program like Eastside or Corvallis, it will be fun for the kids.
    The track record doesn't inspire confidence.

Comment

That's exactly what I think.

I think the local women's soccer franchise should stick to professional soccer and selling overpriced Hefes and burrito bowls on game day.

Developing young female soccer players has no overlap with running a pro sports team and selling concessions.
      I love to get a cold cup of beer at the stadium. They are not cheap but the ambiance is worth something. You can usually get tickets for $20 so it's a pretty cheap afternoon overall.

Comment

The track record doesn't inspire confidence.
        The track record was also under the DA system which, from a national level, prohibited its players from participating in other team sports or their High School teams. One of the selling points of ECNL and the new Academy staff is allowing HS play and encouraging activities outside of soccer

Comment

I think the local women's soccer franchise should stick to professional soccer and selling overpriced Hefes and burrito bowls on game day.

Developing young female soccer players has no overlap with running a pro sports team and selling concessions.
          Is developing young female soccer players so different than developing male? because this is exactly the model that is employed in other parts of the world.

Comment

Tell that to the rest of the world where professional club identification and development starts in early elementary school. US soccer is playing catch up and professional franchises on both the men's and women's sides are realizing that developing home grown talent is essential for both success and revenue.

Comment

Is developing young female soccer players so different than developing male? because this is exactly the model that is employed in other parts of the world.
              The fact that you have to ask that is not a good sign. The answer is yes. Apples to oranges.

How many youth female soccer players have you successful developed over the past ten years?

What is the most important goal for developing young girl's soccer players?

Comment

I bet most of the profit is from beer. Have you seen the lines?

Comment

The fact that you have to ask that is not a good sign. The answer is yes. Apples to oranges.

How many youth female soccer players have you successful developed over the past ten years?

I've developed zero. It is an honest question. thanks for being an a55hole

Comment

I've developed zero. It is an honest question. thanks for being an a55hole
                    I am being realistic. The thorns waded into the murky pond of trying to get involved with youth girls soccer in the past and they didn't demonstrate that they really knew what the kids needed. A lot of the kids stalled out and didn't get better.

What boys need is very, very different.

Comment

the fact that you believe you have the answer to this question for all young girls demonstrates your ignorance. keep being you though. Narcissist.

Comment

I am being realistic. The thorns waded into the murky pond of trying to get involved with youth girls soccer in the past and they didn't demonstrate that they really knew what the kids needed. A lot of the kids stalled out and didn't get better.

I'm holding my breath to find out the true answer to your question...

"What is the most important goal for developing young girl's soccer players?"

While you are at it, please answer for boys as well.

Comment

while you are at it, you must be the coaching director of a big club since you have all the answers... what credentials do you have?

Comment

I think the fact that the Thorns have brought together successful coaches and DOCs from different clubs around the region is a tribute to their commitment to the Academy Program and the development of these young female athletes. Many of these Coaches are still involved in their original clubs which tells me that they believe in the Thorns vision for bringing the finest athletes together to train and play at an elite level.

Comment

The track record here is not inspiring.

Comment

Tell that to the rest of the world where professional club identification and development starts in early elementary school. US soccer is playing catch up and professional franchises on both the men's and women's sides are realizing that developing home grown talent is essential for both success and revenue.
                                So the thorns are willing to invest millions of dollars a year it girls soccer programs and how are they planning on making any revenue on that? You can't sell the rights.

For 97% of girls and parents, the goal is to go to college. Not become Megan Rapino.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X