Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CT Soccer Landscape

So we are now at the other end of the pandemic. What clubs are gone through merger or failure? What clubs will not make it to next year? I know of Academica (merger) Shoreline FC (merger). Any others? The landscape will be so much healthier with fewer clubs.

Oakwood, CFC, FSA (merger)

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Oakwood, CFC, FSA (merger)
      Soccervisa and Rush are merging. Not sure which club is the stronger one. Won’t move them up the pecking order in Fairfield and surrounding area. Still behind Beachside, CFC Arsenal, Chelsea Piers, AC Connecticut and Inter. Equal to Revolution and FUSA.

Comment

Soccervisa and Rush are merging. Not sure which club is the stronger one. Won’t move them up the pecking order in Fairfield and surrounding area. Still behind Beachside, CFC Arsenal, Chelsea Piers, AC Connecticut and Inter. Equal to Revolution and FUSA.
        soccerviza is a jokeclub

there's 100 parents you should run from

Comment

soccerviza is a jokeclub

there's 100 parents you should run from
          When did they stop calling themselves Norwalk Youth Soccer Club? Better question may be when will they start calling themselves Norwalk Youth Soccer club again?

Comment

is this a good thing or a bad thing? https://www.acconnecticut.com/news_a...g0kDFQxVwfU8tc

Comment

is this a good thing or a bad thing? https://www.acconnecticut.com/news_a...g0kDFQxVwfU8tc
              It’s obviously a good thing, that’s why you posted it here. But don’t worry, there will be plenty of haters who will quickly make it a bad thing.

Comment

Its not a bad thing but its certainly not great enough to steal boys away from ow or FSA maybe CFC

Comment

This is a good thing for AC Connecticut but it also serves the soccer community well. I think you will see a lot of clubs affiliating with USL clubs across the country. I’m surprised Ginga didn’t try to get in on this. Everson is tight with the owner. Also wonder why Beachside and Oakwood are not trying to do the same. As a non MLS club they are being left dangling in the wind.

Comment

This is a good thing for AC Connecticut but it also serves the soccer community well. I think you will see a lot of clubs affiliating with USL clubs across the country. I’m surprised Ginga didn’t try to get in on this. Everson is tight with the owner. Also wonder why Beachside and Oakwood are not trying to do the same. As a non MLS club they are being left dangling in the wind.
                    I thought for sure it would have been Ginga.

Comment

For Oakwood, I wonder if there are details of the Revs development structure that prevent them from doing something with HA and/or make them feel secure in not pursuing it. From the outside, it looks like the only benefit is a U12 league, but maybe there is more to it.

Comment

It’s obviously a good thing, that’s why you posted it here. But don’t worry, there will be plenty of haters who will quickly make it a bad thing.
                        Well don’t call me a hater, but it seems weird to align to Danbury region when NYCFC is already there with talent centers and local talent there can access NYC for exposure. Meanwhile the first team in HA is literally an hour away. Wouldn’t you want to foster a closer bond, most Euro clubs do this.

Feels like they didn’t think about all aspects of this relative to the landscape. Pretty sure given CT is between NYC and Boston that’s you’d want to stay square in the middle so you don’t get the scraps from either of the two. That would be in Hartford area or NH.

Comment

Well don’t call me a hater, but it seems weird to align to Danbury region when NYCFC is already there with talent centers and local talent there can access NYC for exposure. Meanwhile the first team in HA is literally an hour away. Wouldn’t you want to foster a closer bond, most Euro clubs do this.

Feels like they didn’t think about all aspects of this relative to the landscape. Pretty sure given CT is between NYC and Boston that’s you’d want to stay square in the middle so you don’t get the scraps from either of the two. That would be in Hartford area or NH.
                          I guess a map of the United States was not part of the analysis. AC probably paid for this honor

Comment

I think rather than geography, this is more to do with ACC USL 2 Status and recent USL Academy creation.

Comment

Great point. Didn’t realize there was a NYCFC talent center in Danbury? Not sure why they wouldn’t pursue that instead

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X