Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    No impact? are you serious? Boys and Girls from U12 - U19. lets say a minimum of 2 teams per age group? between 28 and 40 teams per club?

28 x $550 x 2 seasons = minimum of $30k per club? Is that immaterial to you?

keep in mind most clubs charged full freight and received significant PPP funds.

I guarantee this was the most profitable season ever for soccer clubs. Some local clubs were struggling financially prior to COVID - FWFC, Sound... are you aware of any club that folded or laid off coaches?

I am not asking for a refund. But how about some transparency?

“Hey, we made more money than we expected this year, so we are increasing our scholarship fund and will be making it easier for kids to qualify”.

Easy
    How dumb can you be. There wasn't a single tournament for any club which is where they make they most revenue. I would guess that each club had at least a 20% reduction in players which again would make for less revenue.
    Easy with the guarantees when you have actually zero idea what you are talking about.

Comment

How dumb can you be. There wasn't a single tournament for any club which is where they make they most revenue. I would guess that each club had at least a 20% reduction in players which again would make for less revenue.
      Easy with the guarantees when you have actually zero idea what you are talking about.
      This was a challenging year for all clubs.. many clubs are struggling financially and if you think they made more money this year than others - You really do have no idea of what you are talking about. Main fundraisers and tournaments were cancelled which are how most clubs turn a mild profit

Comment

No impact? are you serious? Boys and Girls from U12 - U19. lets say a minimum of 2 teams per age group? between 28 and 40 teams per club?

28 x $550 x 2 seasons = minimum of $30k per club? Is that immaterial to you?

keep in mind most clubs charged full freight and received significant PPP funds.

I guarantee this was the most profitable season ever for soccer clubs. Some local clubs were struggling financially prior to COVID - FWFC, Sound... are you aware of any club that folded or laid off coaches?

I am not asking for a refund. But how about some transparency?

“Hey, we made more money than we expected this year, so we are increasing our scholarship fund and will be making it easier for kids to qualify”.

Easy
        Shhhh......dont tell anyone about the PPP Funds. Almost all clubs received a ton of money. This is all public information. I dont have the time but if someone wants to post the money some of these bigger clubs received, people will be shocked.

Comment

Shhhh......dont tell anyone about the PPP Funds. Almost all clubs received a ton of money. This is all public information. I dont have the time but if someone wants to post the money some of these bigger clubs received, people will be shocked.
          I hope they did, hopefully it will keep the doors open so kids like yours will have a chance to spend less time with their know it all parents.

Comment

This was a challenging year for all clubs.. many clubs are struggling financially and if you think they made more money this year than others - You really do have no idea of what you are talking about. Main fundraisers and tournaments were cancelled which are how most clubs turn a mild profit
            I didn’t say revenue dumba55.

WSU or Oregon?

Comment

Our club made more money for PPP than any fundraiser....facts. Hopefully it was a one time deal.

Comment

Our club made more money for PPP than any fundraiser....facts. Hopefully it was a one time deal.
                Then your with a crappy club.

Comment

Then your with a crappy club.
                  You're

Comment

I didn’t say revenue dumba55.

WSU or Oregon?
                    No you claimed the most profitable ever. Explain please genius.

Comment

No you claimed the most profitable ever. Explain please genius.
                      they have less expenses.

rocket surgery i know. hope that helps.

Comment

Ppp is limited to 2.5 months of payroll costs so no club is doing better then any other on it, relatively speaking. And all the clubs are nonprofits so none of them is making money either. It all goes back to the organization in the end

Comment

Ppp is limited to 2.5 months of payroll costs so no club is doing better then any other on it, relatively speaking. And all the clubs are nonprofits so none of them is making money either. It all goes back to the organization in the end
                          I know our medium sized club got over 250K. I see some of these local DOCs making over 200K a year. I bet they didnt lose a penny this year.

Comment

they have less expenses.

rocket surgery i know. hope that helps.
                            Most clubs saved on referee costs. I doubt that made it the most profitable very much. Like I said, I am happy to see clubs stay in business. If they were able to pay coaches, great.

Comment

Like I said PPP funds are limited to 2.5 months of payroll and as I'm sure you know, you must show a 20%+ drop in revenue over previous years to get them. Therefore they simply make you whole, and don't lead to more profits. Unless you're alleging PPP fraud by your club which is a different thing entirely.

I know our medium sized club got over 250K. I see some of these local DOCs making over 200K a year. I bet they didnt lose a penny this year.

Comment

Sure but the pandemic cost clubs more in PPE, cameras, indoor facility rentals, etc. So at best it's a wash.

Most clubs saved on referee costs. I doubt that made it the most profitable very much. Like I said, I am happy to see clubs stay in business. If they were able to pay coaches, great.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X