X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What are you talking about, GPS put their teams in the top tier
    GPS never put teams in DA; however personally, from what I've seen, they could compete with anyone. But, NPL is NOT the top tier.

Comment

GPS NH team put 5/6 kids in DI and another few in DII and a few more in DIII. Always NPL level. A strong league is very helpful to advance a player.
      But, as you just showed, unnecessary. Quality will be found; a marginal player needs a league to advance.

Comment

But, as you just showed, unnecessary. Quality will be found; a marginal player needs a league to advance.
        'Marginal' students can also go to a 'marginal' school and have a phenomenally successful career (however you want to define that). That being said, there are certain schools that concentrate talent. Employers can choose to look at those schools (or not) to find talent. This does not mean exceptional talent cannot be found elsewhere. That becomes a value proposition for the employer. Talent in general gives you more margin for error in life.

Back to soccer, I am sure we can all find specific examples in our life experiences that support our positions.

Comment

'Marginal' students can also go to a 'marginal' school and have a phenomenally successful career (however you want to define that). That being said, there are certain schools that concentrate talent. Employers can choose to look at those schools (or not) to find talent. This does not mean exceptional talent cannot be found elsewhere. That becomes a value proposition for the employer. Talent in general gives you more margin for error in life.

Back to soccer, I am sure we can all find specific examples in our life experiences that support our positions.
          Good examples, and thank you for confirming that talent can be found anywhere, and it's not league (or school dependent) .

Comment

Good examples, and thank you for confirming that talent can be found anywhere, and it's not league (or school dependent) .
            You are correct. I had meant for the first 'marginal' to be a 'talented' student going to a 'marginal' school. I was also saying there are advantages for those who can participate in concentrations of talent (obviously using the student/college analogy).

Comment

You are correct. I had meant for the first 'marginal' to be a 'talented' student going to a 'marginal' school. I was also saying there are advantages for those who can participate in concentrations of talent (obviously using the student/college analogy).
              Somewhat. I personally never hired anyone based on where their degree came from. It was looked at, sure, but the talent of the individual always took precedence than where their paper came from.

Comment

GPS never put teams in DA; however personally, from what I've seen, they could compete with anyone. But, NPL is NOT the top tier.
                You can't 'put' a team in DA. Is it better to grow and mature in NPL or wallow in defeat year after year in DA?

Comment

Somewhat. I personally never hired anyone based on where their degree came from. It was looked at, sure, but the talent of the individual always took precedence than where their paper came from.
                  Your opinions are interesting. Please keep sharing. You seem to know a lot about everything. Please keep educating us. Your methods, ideology and literal presence on this forum are perfection incarnate. Please do not stop spewing your wisdom. I too want to be a perfect human like you.

Comment

Are you familiar with the concept of probability? If so, you most likely know where I am going with this and will save me the time of having to type it out. If not, let me know. We can continue to share opinions.

Comment

Are you familiar with the concept of probability? If so, you most likely know where I am going with this and will save me the time of having to type it out. If not, let me know. We can continue to share opinions.
                      Sure, I am. I am also familiar with the concept that talent wins out. That a talented player can, and will (and has been proven) be found and is not league dependent.

Comment

Your opinions are interesting. Please keep sharing. You seem to know a lot about everything. Please keep educating us. Your methods, ideology and literal presence on this forum are perfection incarnate. Please do not stop spewing your wisdom. I too want to be a perfect human like you.

So, you will now resort to ad hominem attacks to somehow prove your point? I guess when all is lost, make it personal.

Welcome to 'Murica 2021....

Comment

Sure, I am. I am also familiar with the concept that talent wins out. That a talented player can, and will (and has been proven) be found and is not league dependent.
                          You are correct that one can potentially find talent everywhere. I agree with that statement and was not saying you were wrong. Given the needed time and resources, you could potentially scour the entire universe looking for the best available. That being said, another option would be to look in places you are more likely to find what it is you are looking for. You know, refine your search criteria. Both potentially end up giving you the same results. One potentially allows you to find what you are looking for using less resources. Typically I choose the latter method in life. Obviously, that is just my opinion.

On a side note, this conversation has well passed the point of diminishing returns for me.

Comment

You are correct that one can potentially find talent everywhere. I agree with that statement and was not saying you were wrong. Given the needed time and resources, you could potentially scour the entire universe looking for the best available. That being said, another option would be to look in places you are more likely to find what it is you are looking for. You know, refine your search criteria. Both potentially end up giving you the same results. One potentially allows you to find what you are looking for using less resources. Typically I choose the latter method in life. Obviously, that is just my opinion.

On a side note, this conversation has well passed the point of diminishing returns for me.
                            Agree, somewhat. It's presented often as the only real, viable path. Talent will be found, no matter the platform. It's consistently proven every year. So, as mentioned, if you (or your child) is marginal and needs the platform, (and you can afford the time and expense it takes), by all means, donate to club's wallet. Nobody stopping you. It's worthy of a question, but everyone is free to do what they want and tell the world about it on their Facebook page.

Comment

Nobody forcing you...

Comment

You can't 'put' a team in DA. Is it better to grow and mature in NPL or wallow in defeat year after year in DA?
                                Of course not; it has to be earned.

Personally, I don't care about team results in a developmental phase. Kids should be playing in a competitive environment, and if that means going 2-10-15 and playing 1-goal games every time, I'd say that's perfect. It's not wallowing, it's learning.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X