Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    NEFC is totally over rated. 5 years ago maybe you have an argument, but look at NEFC's GA teams this year. Once NEFC left ECNL to go to DA- UT OH!!!!!! Nothing to go crazy about for this year's NEFC top teams:

U-13 team is the 4th or 5th best team in Mass. and going backwards fast
    U-14 team - please see U-13 comment. Same
    U-15 team runs hot and cold but definitely not a top 3 team in Mass.
    U-16 team is losing girls left and right and is not a top 5 team in Mass. and will be out of top
    8 by this time next year
    U-17 team is good

Where does NEFC dad get off saying that NEFC is such a great club these days?? They are, if best, a little above average. NEFC dad stop living in 2016!!!!!! NEFC is fast becoming a JAG!!
    what is going to happen when GA folds in the next year?? Oh I get it, back to NPL for NEFC.
    I can only speak of NEFC U-14's but as each year goes by that team gets a little weaker as a few girls leave and other U-14 teams get stronger. As U-little's, NEFC just dominated but starting last year, teams are catching NEFC GA quickly. If you take a look and study the games SSS, Scorpions, are now better and teams like stars Blue and White and Aztecs at any given day can beat NEFC. I know U-14 is in that weird year of not being U-little anymore but not being able to play in national showcases yet, but in my mind NEFC U-14's are not going in the right direction at all. I remember 2 years ago thinking wow this team is amazing and just look 2 years later all has changed. Club soccer really is a year to year proposition, but once you start going in the wrong direction like NEFC 07's, parents take notice. Finally, I think being in the GA/DPL really truly hurts NEFC as who knows the direction of this league in another year? Anyone that disagrees with NEFC playing in the wrong league isn't being honest with themselves.

Comment

From what I know, nefc girls 2007-2012, beats any RI team on any day, maybe with the exception of surf 10s. So there is that. Not that beating RI teams is anything to brag about, but this is a RI thread.

Comment

From what I know, nefc girls 2007-2012, beats any RI team on any day, maybe with the exception of surf 10s. So there is that. Not that beating RI teams is anything to brag about, but this is a RI thread.
        congratulations!! you must be reel proud from what I know.

Comment

Puma sucks
          True! Mass Youth Soccer would never allow a "club" like Pumas to exist. Teams do not even practice, they just play games. When A-level players "play up" to a B division that is not a challenge. Front runner parents!

Comment

NEFC is totally over rated. 5 years ago maybe you have an argument, but look at NEFC's GA teams this year. Once NEFC left ECNL to go to DA- UT OH!!!!!! Nothing to go crazy about for this year's NEFC top teams:

U-13 team is the 4th or 5th best team in Mass. and going backwards fast
            U-14 team - please see U-13 comment. Same
            U-15 team runs hot and cold but definitely not a top 3 team in Mass.
            U-16 team is losing girls left and right and is not a top 5 team in Mass. and will be out of top
            8 by this time next year
            U-17 team is good

Where does NEFC dad get off saying that NEFC is such a great club these days?? They are, if best, a little above average. NEFC dad stop living in 2016!!!!!! NEFC is fast becoming a JAG!!
            what is going to happen when GA folds in the next year?? Oh I get it, back to NPL for NEFC.
            People who followed their coaches to Surf when they could have played GA or DPL for NEFC made bad decisions in my opinion.

Comment

True! Mass Youth Soccer would never allow a "club" like Pumas to exist. Teams do not even practice, they just play games. When A-level players "play up" to a B division that is not a challenge. Front runner parents!
              So get the rules changed to something that people find more equitable. MYSA requires players to live in the towns where they play. Then again, that would affect many RI Super Liga town teams as well.

Comment

I can only speak of NEFC U-14's but as each year goes by that team gets a little weaker as a few girls leave and other U-14 teams get stronger. As U-little's, NEFC just dominated but starting last year, teams are catching NEFC GA quickly. If you take a look and study the games SSS, Scorpions, are now better and teams like stars Blue and White and Aztecs at any given day can beat NEFC. I know U-14 is in that weird year of not being U-little anymore but not being able to play in national showcases yet, but in my mind NEFC U-14's are not going in the right direction at all. I remember 2 years ago thinking wow this team is amazing and just look 2 years later all has changed. Club soccer really is a year to year proposition, but once you start going in the wrong direction like NEFC 07's, parents take notice. Finally, I think being in the GA/DPL really truly hurts NEFC as who knows the direction of this league in another year? Anyone that disagrees with NEFC playing in the wrong league isn't being honest with themselves.
                Are you even familiar with the NEFC 07 GA team? Almost everything you have written above is incorrect. My kid plays Stars ECNL, but many of these players know one another and have been playing against each other (and with each other at camps, futsal, etc.) for years. First, until very recently (like weeks ago) that team hasn’t lost players. In fact, it’s the team that has had the fewest changes of any of the top MA teams over the past few years. I would agree that the gap has closed and the ECNL teams are gaining ground on that NEFC team, but the fact remains—that team hasn’t lost to any of the other top MA teams (yet). A couple of ties with Select and Stars Blue (and they haven’t played Scorpions or Stars White), but they consistently find a way to win (no doubt playing together for so long helps). In terms of league play, that team is the best in their GA division. No question. I do think that you will see more kids leave that team moving forward because of the uncertainty with GA, but, again, your comment that they have lost kids over the last few years is dead wrong. Of course NEFC wants to be in ECNL. Personally, I’d love to see them get in so we have another competitive, local league game. Unfortunately, it looks like that’s not happening, so they have to work with what they have for now—GA.

Maybe stick to RI teams if you can’t get your facts straight about the MA teams you want to post about.

Comment

Are you even familiar with the NEFC 07 GA team? Almost everything you have written above is incorrect. My kid plays Stars ECNL, but many of these players know one another and have been playing against each other (and with each other at camps, futsal, etc.) for years. First, until very recently (like weeks ago) that team hasn’t lost players. In fact, it’s the team that has had the fewest changes of any of the top MA teams over the past few years. I would agree that the gap has closed and the ECNL teams are gaining ground on that NEFC team, but the fact remains—that team hasn’t lost to any of the other top MA teams (yet). A couple of ties with Select and Stars Blue (and they haven’t played Scorpions or Stars White), but they consistently find a way to win (no doubt playing together for so long helps). In terms of league play, that team is the best in their GA division. No question. I do think that you will see more kids leave that team moving forward because of the uncertainty with GA, but, again, your comment that they have lost kids over the last few years is dead wrong. Of course NEFC wants to be in ECNL. Personally, I’d love to see them get in so we have another competitive, local league game. Unfortunately, it looks like that’s not happening, so they have to work with what they have for now—GA.

Maybe stick to RI teams if you can’t get your facts straight about the MA teams you want to post about.
                  One player from that team did leave recently and joined Scorpions.

Comment

“First, until very recently (like weeks ago) that team hasn’t lost players.“

Comment

The previous post did mention a player leaving recently. From what I know they've also gained from Stars so... *shrug*

Either way, you'd think that team has to be losing consistently to the ECNL teams and/or SSS to be the 4th or 5th best team in MA. Haven't seen that happening yet.

Comment

The previous post did mention a player leaving recently. From what I know they've also gained from Stars so... *shrug*

Either way, you'd think that team has to be losing consistently to the ECNL teams and/or SSS to be the 4th or 5th best team in MA. Haven't seen that happening yet.
                        The reality is that NEFC, scorpions, select, stars blue and stars white are all very close at this point. And it probably doesn’t matter to most of the people on this RI thread unless they want their kid to try out for one of these teams. (And if they do, their kid should be attending practices already).

Comment

Mass teams are Lambo's, RI teams are Hyundai's. Seriously, they don't even compare for the most part. You might find a once in a while RI team that competes with Mass top teams, other than that, RI, your soccer is junior varsity. Just accept it.

Comment

Mass teams are Lambo's, RI teams are Hyundai's. Seriously, they don't even compare for the most part. You might find a once in a while RI team that competes with Mass top teams, other than that, RI, your soccer is junior varsity. Just accept it.
                            Agreed. Just a number game. Not enough quality players in RI. Top players should be encouraged to move on to MA top teams. As for the boys side, Bayside has done well in putting 3 players on the Revs 1st and 2nd team. Not bad for a ******** state like RI.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2973493][QUOTE=Unregistered;2973458]

This was an entertaining chat with you, but now you have lost my interest when you put Bayside girls above Juventus and Bolts and then compare them to Seacoast. Really? Maybe Seacoast and NE Surf are comparable, but Seacoast is light years ahead of RI Surf and Bayside, that's for sure.[/QUOTE

Can’t speak to older groups but 2006 - 2009 this is accurate.
                              Bayside 07 DPL beat SeaCoast DPL 3-1 in fall. Recently lost 2-0 to SeaCoast GA group in a scrimmage.

Comment

So get the rules changed to something that people find more equitable. MYSA requires players to live in the towns where they play. Then again, that would affect many RI Super Liga town teams as well.

I agree that the time has come for some new rules!! If not, pretty soon other clubs will start placing whole DPL/NPL-impact teams into town leagues. Why not? It's cheap!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X