Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why would they shut a pure revenue maker? Notice nycfc is now starting a program up in CT that looks essentially the same as RB Girls pre Academy teams. Its all profit, which these mls teams are desperate for rigyt now.
    Of course they're searching for extra $, but there has be demand to make it worthwhile

Comment

Uninformed answer. My kid was on the 08 team that broke up over the winter, and we have no regrets. For those that are getting in earlier, 4 years in the program would have been awesome. The coaching was top notch, the quality of the kids on the team was high, the facilities were good, we played top level usys and the top flight of our tournaments, and the focus on development was what we wanted. RB never recruits players during the year, so there are no players that mysteriously show up to practice. They have tryouts and then *gasp* try to develop the kids they currently have on the roster. Great environment for your kid to develop and play in overall.

The people who shouldn't consider the program are 1) those parents that need to win (rbs never talk about trying to win, nor do they play a brand of soccer designed to win when they are young), 2) parents that need a "relationship" with the coach (there are no backroom deals on playing time because you are friends with the coach), 3) parents that need to coach their kid from the sidelines (rb has very strict sideline rules for parents, or 4) parents that need to travel all over the country for tournaments at an early age (the furthest we went was Jeff Cup). This is a program you can actually sit back and let rb take over without reservations if you aren't in one of the above categories.
      Red Bull’s Girls teams are a scam and the product on the field is weak. Hope you had fun pretending your daughter was on a MLS team.

Comment

Just wait until the GA rebrands itself with MLS in the name and youll see lots of dubious claims, chest puffing and money wasted.

Comment

Just wait until the GA rebrands itself with MLS in the name and youll see lots of dubious claims, chest puffing and money wasted.
          True I can see parents making all kind of hilarious statements about daughters playing MLS

Comment

Red Bull’s Girls teams are a scam and the product on the field is weak. Hope you had fun pretending your daughter was on a MLS team.
            I guess it would be called a scam if you signed up thinking the intention of the program was to win and instead they tried to develop your kid. Classic bait and switch right. Go away since you obviously are attempting to talk about something you know nothing about. My kid was in the 08 program and loved it. We knew what the program was about and it was great for my kid. There was a sense of pride putting on the jersey I'm sure, but isn't that something you would actually like for your kid to experience?

Comment

I guess it would be called a scam if you signed up thinking the intention of the program was to win and instead they tried to develop your kid. Classic bait and switch right. Go away since you obviously are attempting to talk about something you know nothing about. My kid was in the 08 program and loved it. We knew what the program was about and it was great for my kid. There was a sense of pride putting on the jersey I'm sure, but isn't that something you would actually like for your kid to experience?
              Sense of pride ? Are you kidding me? Talk about living vicariously through your kid. Go drink another Red Bull flavored Kool Aide clown. That 08 team wasn’t very good, just like the 09 and the 10 teams aren’t very good either. Waste of time

Comment

Sense of pride ? Are you kidding me? Talk about living vicariously through your kid. Go drink another Red Bull flavored Kool Aide clown. That 08 team wasn’t very good, just like the 09 and the 10 teams aren’t very good either. Waste of time
                You do understand some kids actually watch soccer, go to games, and may even have a favorite player or three? Why wouldn't they have a sense of pride putting on the same jersey as a team they follow? It can't always be the parent forcing a club down a kid's throat.

Thanks clown for telling me my kids 08 team sucked. Glad a ton of the kids went to PDA Blue, WC, STA, etc. because they all suck and those clubs suck. The 09 team was a good group. We watched them scrimmage WC in a really good game. Does WC suck as well? I have no clue who your kid plays for but I'm guessing everyone sucks but them. There is no 2010 team numb nuts. They would be new in the Fall.

Again you have zero information about the RB teams or program. That's your outside opinion and I'm telling you flat out that you have no perspective and are just wrong. Hate all you want, but your opinion means less than nothing to me.

Comment

LOL that’s why you took valuable time out of your life to respond to an anonymous stranger.

Comment

Guess all those extremely talented RedBull players added this winter to PDA Blue 09 & 08 weren’t able to get their new team past the mighty Pipeline.. Back to the drawing board for DADDY REDBULL

Comment

Is this supposed to be adults and parents in this forum??

Comment

Guess all those extremely talented RedBull players added this winter to PDA Blue 09 & 08 weren’t able to get their new team past the mighty Pipeline.. Back to the drawing board for DADDY REDBULL
                        Too much time spent on videos for instagram soccer accounts instead of just learning to play as a team. Everyone's a soccer influencer now.

Comment

Too much time spent on videos for instagram soccer accounts instead of just learning to play as a team. Everyone's a soccer influencer now.
                          Very true. If your posting on IG before a game your mind might not be into the actual game. Just remember folks “You play to win the Game” .. Not to just show up and Influence IG .

Comment

Anyone hesitating to take the RB offer for their son?
                            My son had a few friends on his current team and they decided not to return so we started exploring other clubs, including the RB’s. My son was fortunate enough to be offered a spot on one of the 2011 teams.

Did you except the offer for your son?

I’m honestly one of those parents that knows nothing about soccer or where he should play. Hopefully he is happy here.

Comment

My son had a few friends on his current team and they decided not to return so we started exploring other clubs, including the RB’s. My son was fortunate enough to be offered a spot on one of the 2011 teams.

Did you except the offer for your son?

I’m honestly one of those parents that knows nothing about soccer or where he should play. Hopefully he is happy here.
                              Good news is he's young. Let him have fun and if it doesn't work out it's not the end of the world. It can be a grind so keep an eye out for burnout

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X