Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Agree with you on a lot except the "large roster" situation.

Mine is on a 23 roster and it's managed far better than these threads would imply...nobody would classify it as "once in a while". And yes, the justification (as you say) is the opportunity to open doors for college play. When you say "most will not play in college", that couldn't be further from the truth for my kid's team or the team one year older. When I compare where my kid's team is to say East Meadow, LISC or the stronger EDP teams, they are leaps and bounds ahead in the recruiting game, so being on a big roster isn't a big deal.

But yes, the training could be stronger and it is clear that $ comes first.
    Thank you for your point of view. I wrote the above post you replied to. I am speaking to our daughter's experience and her cousins above her team. Maybe the boys side is now being handled better not sure. They are both fortunate to not be on the wrong end of the call when the coach decides who sits but we are not proponents of the larger rosters nor the training. Both my cousin and I, who both played in college do not agree with either coaches decisions on who doesn't dress most weeks. Simply put its subjective to the coach and as I said above some of these coaches are underqualified to put it nicely.

I will add that talent should not always drive the decision on who to bring to the game and who should not go. There are some toxic kids who for whatever reasons the coaches ignore their poor behavior and disruptions over solid players who should come play. Again Susa coaches are underqualified. Talent aside these kids and their parents need to be sent a message that the team is first and above every player even the most skilled ones.

Comment

Mine is on a 23 roster and it's managed far better than these threads would imply...nobody would classify it as "once in a while". And yes, the justification (as you say) is the opportunity to open doors for college play. When you say "most will not play in college", that couldn't be further from the truth for my kid's team or the team one year older. When I compare where my kid's team is to say East Meadow, LISC or the stronger EDP teams, they are leaps and bounds ahead in the recruiting game, so being on a big roster isn't a big deal.

The large rosters serves no one better than the club. Seeing roster sizes approaching what I am seeing Susa allow is just another reason why soccer in this country is so far behind Europe. Talk about training all you want, even if it was great // I agree its not in line with the prices this place charges or their nice new facility // but if your kid isn't playing its not a good thing. There are exceptions to this but if your kid can't break into the starting line up or be a strong role player on a large roster team eat ALL ages they should find a more suitable alternative that they will be getting more game time experience.

No one can convince me susa is about development when you have a kid on a U11 team playing 20 minutes and another player on the same team playing the whole 60 minute game. Even at these very young ages they are trying to win so they attract more paying parents. Kids develop at different ages so its important to keep them all involved as long as you can and as best you can while developing your entire team.

Comment

The large rosters serves no one better than the club. Seeing roster sizes approaching what I am seeing Susa allow is just another reason why soccer in this country is so far behind Europe. Talk about training all you want, even if it was great // I agree its not in line with the prices this place charges or their nice new facility // but if your kid isn't playing its not a good thing. There are exceptions to this but if your kid can't break into the starting line up or be a strong role player on a large roster team eat ALL ages they should find a more suitable alternative that they will be getting more game time experience.

No one can convince me susa is about development when you have a kid on a U11 team playing 20 minutes and another player on the same team playing the whole 60 minute game. Even at these very young ages they are trying to win so they attract more paying parents. Kids develop at different ages so its important to keep them all involved as long as you can and as best you can while developing your entire team.

There is no money in soccer in America. I repeat there is no money or career for most in soccer in America.

There is a ton of money in Youth Soccer in America. That is all you need to know when making family decisions and assisting your child on the reality of youth soccer country clubs.

Help your children with their dreams but believing these youth soccer country clubs have a soul is dead wrong.

Comment

Thank you for your point of view. I wrote the above post you replied to. I am speaking to our daughter's experience and her cousins above her team. Maybe the boys side is now being handled better not sure. They are both fortunate to not be on the wrong end of the call when the coach decides who sits but we are not proponents of the larger rosters nor the training. Both my cousin and I, who both played in college do not agree with either coaches decisions on who doesn't dress most weeks. Simply put its subjective to the coach and as I said above some of these coaches are underqualified to put it nicely.

I will add that talent should not always drive the decision on who to bring to the game and who should not go. There are some toxic kids who for whatever reasons the coaches ignore their poor behavior and disruptions over solid players who should come play. Again Susa coaches are underqualified. Talent aside these kids and their parents need to be sent a message that the team is first and above every player even the most skilled ones.
          I would not argue with your point. It’s a valid concern that happens on many club teams that are highly competitive. But, I understood that behavior going in and my daughters knew these players prior to joining her team. It’s human nature. On the better teams you are going to attract the best players in the area who are the most competitive people off the pitch and on the pitch. They are driven to succeed and compete and are toxic to the environment against those they think are not paying at their level. Regardless if that’s true or not that is their belief and coaches turn there backs on such behavior because they up the intensity. Wha makes it worse are their parents who are exactly the same way on the sidelines and act accordingly. Many Clubs/teams put up with that behavior I have stood on enough sidelines at ECNL games to witness such behavior by players and parents.

Comment

Whoever did it may have been a bit out of line however in reality you can find Larrys address on a simple business search on the NY State business lookup site. As for feeling bad for Larry I would not even go there, Larry has destroyed multiple clubs in Long Island and also created propaganda and accused falsely numerous coaches and organizations spreading lies just to destroy there reputation and careers. All because they where his competition and the competition of his customers. He has for years acted dishonest and is clearly a POS. I don't feel bad one bit for anyone coming here to bash him because the truth can't be told on BoTN SINCE HE deletes all posts that go against his agenda. He's a dishonest person and deserves every bit criticism that goes his way. Plus there is a big law suit coming his way in April I heard so hope it was worth it's Larry boy liar. Good luck! The very ppl you been protecting for year's are about to throw you under the bus.
            Looks like he has a competitor https://sportscord.com/

Comment

I would not argue with your point. It’s a valid concern that happens on many club teams that are highly competitive. But, I understood that behavior going in and my daughters knew these players prior to joining her team. It’s human nature. On the better teams you are going to attract the best players in the area who are the most competitive people off the pitch and on the pitch. They are driven to succeed and compete and are toxic to the environment against those they think are not paying at their level. Regardless if that’s true or not that is their belief and coaches turn there backs on such behavior because they up the intensity. Wha makes it worse are their parents who are exactly the same way on the sidelines and act accordingly. Many Clubs/teams put up with that behavior I have stood on enough sidelines at ECNL games to witness such behavior by players and parents.
              These are two very good posts that I agree with wholeheartedly. They are very true of the state of soccer for players and especially parents. Over the years parents have become very toxic to the soccer landscape.

Comment

Looks like he has a competitor https://sportscord.com/
                Or is it someone that is consulting Larry?

Comment

what is sportscord?

Comment

Larry should have sold years ago.
                    If he sells now it's like buying a Christmas Tree in January.
                    What a fool.
                    Seth

Comment

Larry should have sold years ago.
                      If he sells now it's like buying a Christmas Tree in January.
                      What a fool.
                      Seth
                      larry is the pulse of long island soccer. botn keeps people informed

Comment

who are you ****ting? Most the kids were already recruited before they got to that large roster. The ones that were recruited while there are going to be great on those losing college teams. So stop the bs already. Everybody knows

Comment

larry is the pulse of long island soccer. botn keeps people informed
                          That’s not a pulse you hear , it’s the 90bpm resting heart rate of his diabetic / obese Daughter.

Comment

Larry Miller Fan Club

who are you ****ting? Most the kids were already recruited before they got to that large roster. The ones that were recruited while there are going to be great on those losing college teams. So stop the bs already. Everybody knows
                            anyone that complains of large rosters are the ones that suck. FACT (these must be liberals).

Work your @ss off and EARN a starting position. otherwise you are just another LAZY, whining B-tch.

Comment

anyone that complains of large rosters are the ones that suck. FACT (these must be liberals).

Work your @ss off and EARN a starting position. otherwise you are just another LAZY, whining B-tch.
                              The only Republicans that are IN soccer have a girl that plays, OR a boy who cries at American Football.
                              It’s just a FACT.

The conservatives complain plenty, they just use an alias and only complain to the right people, they’ll never admit weakness out loud and attach their name. Unless it’s a corporate bailout. Typically these folks are on the school board, hahahahaha. You ALL know whom I speak of.

Comment

Larry Miller Fan Club

The only Republicans that are IN soccer have a girl that plays, OR a boy who cries at American Football.
                                It’s just a FACT.

The conservatives complain plenty, they just use an alias and only complain to the right people, they’ll never admit weakness out loud and attach their name. Unless it’s a corporate bailout. Typically these folks are on the school board, hahahahaha. You ALL know whom I speak of.
                                factless and baseless statements...Liberals are the biggest complainers on gods green earth. always miserable.
                                "how dare you bench my son?"
                                "why no equal playing time?"
                                "My kid deserves to start" no he/she does not.

All the above are examples of liberal p-ssy parents in soccer (we see and hear this all the time). their own kids are no different.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X