Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You overvalue your club. Coaches know these are the second teams. How’s the kool aid?
    U of Arizona, Brown, Clemson, Northeastern, Princeton... guess those coaches didn’t get the memo. Those are just 2022’s.

Comment

Sure they are.... if you count walking by the field getting to a good game then you are spot on.
      Shows how out of touch you are. D1 coaches are still in blackout. Everything is being done by video...

Comment

Shows how out of touch you are. D1 coaches are still in blackout. Everything is being done by video...
        As they did with ECNL but still have many more coaches signed up at this point. Coaches can watch games, they just cant talk with any players now. Video is the future - coaches will still go to events but video gives them more flexibility, maybe not bring the entire staff to save some $.

The reality is not many local players will get recruited to top national programs. What matters is if coaches come and watch you from programs that are a good soccer/academic fit. Most kids go to school within a half day's drive from home. There are few qualified or interested in Arizona. Brown, Princeton and NEU can watch NE players all spring long. But yeah, travel all that way, spend all that money.

Comment

If you think college coaches like video you don’t know anything. Video is used to get the coaches attention. I watched the ECNL events and could not tell who was who and the delays and glitches were a nightmare. Also you can’t hear the game or get a feel for the game like being there. Will video be a part of recruiting, yes but nothing will replace going to watch players live.

Comment

If you think college coaches like video you don’t know anything. Video is used to get the coaches attention. I watched the ECNL events and could not tell who was who and the delays and glitches were a nightmare. Also you can’t hear the game or get a feel for the game like being there. Will video be a part of recruiting, yes but nothing will replace going to watch players live.
            Totally agree, but right now there isn't much of a choice because of blackouts, covid etc. I imagine many are using it this winter to eliminate players and set lists of who they want to focus on this spring at live events (assuming the blackout is lifted in time) and invite to summer ID events.

different poster

Comment

Think it's a good idea. California has most of the best teams in ECNL so GAL/DPL need to expand westward.

Comment

Think it's a good idea. California has most of the best teams in ECNL so GAL/DPL need to expand westward.
                They needed to add teams for when ECNL takes 7 teams away from GAL this spring. It was a total necessary move for GAL. Although ECNL is expected to take the top5 GAL teams so it's a net loss for GAL.

Comment

GAL in the Pacific NW had a dearth of teams and had to expand for the region to survive. Its more about geography than anything else certainly not top clubs

Comment

I don't think there's any doubt that GAL is now the second league behind ECNL. I am pretty sure GAL people know this too. Their efforts are to make sure they stay at #2, and maybe slowly try to get closer to ECNL. GAL took the pre-emptive action of putting themselves (sort of) under USYS and in that announcement stated that they will be the top tier of USYS. This is to make sure EDP/NL don't take over the #2 spot.

Comment

I don't think there's any doubt that GAL is now the second league behind ECNL. I am pretty sure GAL people know this too. Their efforts are to make sure they stay at #2, and maybe slowly try to get closer to ECNL. GAL took the pre-emptive action of putting themselves (sort of) under USYS and in that announcement stated that they will be the top tier of USYS. This is to make sure EDP/NL don't take over the #2 spot.
                      Somewhat.

For too many families, ECNL isn't a viable option for many reasons, so GAL is their #1 league. For some, GAL isn't a viable option, either, so NPL/EDP is their #1 league.

Weird reading so many comments from people so concerned about what is the "top league", when most of it is either not an option, or irrelevant overall.

Play in the best league which you can get into and compete against. Not you, but going on and on about PDA or TopHat or Southern Fried SC or FC West Coast is, essentially, a waste of time.

Comment

Somewhat.

For too many families, ECNL isn't a viable option for many reasons, so GAL is their #1 league. For some, GAL isn't a viable option, either, so NPL/EDP is their #1 league.

Weird reading so many comments from people so concerned about what is the "top league", when most of it is either not an option, or irrelevant overall.

Play in the best league which you can get into and compete against. Not you, but going on and on about PDA or TopHat or Southern Fried SC or FC West Coast is, essentially, a waste of time.
                        Am i not moving because I'm sitting in my office chair? Or am I moving at 1000MPH as the earth rotates?

Comment

Truth. We were just talking to the parents of one of my D's teammates who is melting down bc she keeps hearing from her top choice coaches-"couldn't tell if that was you".

Comment

Truth. We were just talking to the parents of one of my D's teammates who is melting down bc she keeps hearing from her top choice coaches-"couldn't tell if that was you".
                            "Yes, that was me (after someone gets a brace). I know in the livestream my skin is slightly darker, my hair is black and shorter than in my profile picture, and I was wearing a different number. But, I assure you...that was me."

Comment

Level is not defined by a league. Many highly skilled players have found a better path for development and a better coaching fit at other MA clubs.

Comment

Level is not defined by a league. Many highly skilled players have found a better path for development and a better coaching fit at other MA clubs.
                                Agreed. My D thrives playing for a softer spoken NEFC coach who gets his point across without kicking and screaming. If he went to stars we’d likely follow. It’s not about league ONLY, its the experience, development, practices, teammates, coaches, facilities, proximity,etc....

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X