Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only FC Stars NH parent fed up?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you think JD gives a crap about the NH region, then keep writing those checks for what amounts to a town program at a premium price.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      If you think JD gives a crap about the NH region, then keep writing those checks for what amounts to a town program at a premium price.
      Does JD care that Stars NH gives quality training to its teams and maintains professionalism? Yes of course. Does he think about the teams not being as good as his ECNL teams? That's a fact but it doesn't mean he thinks "less" of them in terms of importance to the club and brand. People like to say that just because a team is composed of less talented players that they don't matter. That's ridiculous. Not every kid playing for Stars is going to play D1 in college and again that's a fact but without every player playing the club would not exist so every player is important. Yes it's difficult to find facilities and that plagues the satellite teams but again some are better managed than others. NH is full of players in need of a club and Seacoast is taking over and needs some competition. Stars NH just needs a place to train and grow and a director needs to be found that can get that done.

Comment

Winter training has been a joke. It was incredibly irresponsible for Stars to sign a contract with an indoor facility that was nowhere near completion, like there was no flooring as of January. Now they are trying to pull off a couple of the outdoor training sessions that were done in November/December to count as "indoor" winter training sessions. Seriously?

There are numerous indoor facilities around-Sportsplex, Dome, Tyngsboro to name a few. It seems ironic how every other club in NH managed to schedule winter training without issue. Between the loss of $$ last spring and the breach of contract now, I would assume there are a lot of angry Star parents.

Comment

For parents in central NH it's either crappy FC or Seacoast. Both Seacoast (Bedford and Concord) are really hit or miss depending on the coach. At least they get regular practice time though.

Comment

Does JD care that Stars NH gives quality training to its teams and maintains professionalism? Yes of course. Does he think about the teams not being as good as his ECNL teams? That's a fact but it doesn't mean he thinks "less" of them in terms of importance to the club and brand. People like to say that just because a team is composed of less talented players that they don't matter. That's ridiculous. Not every kid playing for Stars is going to play D1 in college and again that's a fact but without every player playing the club would not exist so every player is important. Yes it's difficult to find facilities and that plagues the satellite teams but again some are better managed than others. NH is full of players in need of a club and Seacoast is taking over and needs some competition. Stars NH just needs a place to train and grow and a director needs to be found that can get that done.
            Of course he cares. The value of the money received from NH parents goes as much into the coffer as the MA parents' money. He won't discriminate...cash is cash.

Comment

For parents in central NH it's either crappy FC or Seacoast. Both Seacoast (Bedford and Concord) are really hit or miss depending on the coach. At least they get regular practice time though.
              What is "crappy FC"? I hear so many NH people refer to FC Stars as simply "FC" and it's really ignorant. FC stands for football club. So you realize you are simply saying "my kid plays for football club." There are a ton of pro clubs that start and end with FC like FC Barcelona, Chelsea FC, etc.

Comment

Stars NH has had problems with their winter training offerings long before the pandemic. What they offer is bare bones. 10 winter training sessions, that’s it. No soccer in November or December for the Non-HS kids. And you were lucky if there was one coach dedicated per team for those indoor sessions and that coach was usually a parent of one of the players. Most of the time, it was a bunch of kids scrimmaging unsupervised for the duration of the practice. TK was barely there. I understand they may have dedicated coaches per team now, but it sounds like they didn’t secure their usual indoor space. Not sure if the pandemic can be blamed if other clubs including towns are practicing multiple times a week.

Comment

Reviewed the contract today...strategically written...Up to 10 winter training sessions (Nov.-March). The key phrase....UP to 10 (might be 1 session or it might be 10 sessions)...

Comment

Seacoast has given us 2 sessions most weeks since November, which is great, but I know I pay a fairly high amount. How much does Stars NH cost? Is it a you get what you pay for situation or are they raking you over the coals and not delivering?

Comment

Seacoast has given us 2 sessions most weeks since November, which is great, but I know I pay a fairly high amount. How much does Stars NH cost? Is it a you get what you pay for situation or are they raking you over the coals and not delivering?
                      I believe Stars is $1700 for the spring which includes "up to" 10 winter sessions, 2 tournaments and 7 games. 2 90 practices a week. You get what you pay for folks.

How much is Seacoast (formerly GPS) and what do you get for the money for the spring HS players?

Comment

I believe Stars is $1700 for the spring which includes "up to" 10 winter sessions, 2 tournaments and 7 games. 2 90 practices a week. You get what you pay for folks.

How much is Seacoast (formerly GPS) and what do you get for the money for the spring HS players?
                        Stars ECNL is just under $4000 and that includes training 3X a week starting beginning of November and all of December. There's typically 3 "tournament" weekends in late Nov and early Dec plus a few scrimmages. Winter training in January and February is 2X a week with scrimmages thrown in as well and a winter travel showcase. March starts back up 3X a week, scrimmages, games, etc. If a team goes into playoffs then training continues straight into July.

So it is significantly different between the two and that is reflected in the training. $1700 is really not bad for a spring season of training and games.

Comment

Stars ECNL is just under $4000 and that includes training 3X a week starting beginning of November and all of December. There's typically 3 "tournament" weekends in late Nov and early Dec plus a few scrimmages. Winter training in January and February is 2X a week with scrimmages thrown in as well and a winter travel showcase. March starts back up 3X a week, scrimmages, games, etc. If a team goes into playoffs then training continues straight into July.

So it is significantly different between the two and that is reflected in the training. $1700 is really not bad for a spring season of training and games.
                          $4k?

Yikes.

Comment

$4k?

Yikes.
                            Oh it's definitely not for everyone. I have multiple kids playing ECNL and the older one certainly had a return on that investment with $170K in scholarship money.

Comment

Oh it's definitely not for everyone. I have multiple kids playing ECNL and the older one certainly had a return on that investment with $170K in scholarship money.
                              Disgusting.

Too many players in this country will never get a chance to experience the game with costs like that.

Comment

$1700 is really not bad for a spring season of training and games.
                                It kind of is when you're not getting what was promised to you by an incompetent regional director. Pandemic or not, other area clubs have been practicing since November.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X