Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The nod? The departments at colleges work independently of each other. You and many others are putting way too much on the belief there is a pot of gold waiting for soccer players. I guess this is why places like susa are so successful. Parents buy into the all the false propaganda being pushed. Do some research before believing all the inaccuracies about athletic money especially for soccer. If your kid is smart and had great grades they will be better off than a kid with average grades who is great in the "Northeast" soccer world. Check out where a lot of the current soccer studs are from.
    There's a very big difference between girls and boys. There is very little money in it for boys, but for girls? Yeah, there actually is a pot of gold for some. There's straight up 75%+ athletic, combination of athletic/fed financial, athletic/merit. Ivies are there own separate situation, but there's money there too. If you want similar $$$ for boys, play lacrosse.

Comment

There's a very big difference between girls and boys. There is very little money in it for boys, but for girls? Yeah, there actually is a pot of gold for some. There's straight up 75%+ athletic, combination of athletic/fed financial, athletic/merit. Ivies are there own separate situation, but there's money there too. If you want similar $$$ for boys, play lacrosse.
      Don't disagree that there is even less money for boys soccer. Completely disagree with you leaving out the head count or percentages of kids who actually receive the alleged pot of gold. 1-4 people win the powerball and millions play. Your statement doesn't account for the math reality that a very small percentage of academy players across the country will get what you are laying out.

Comment

Don't disagree that there is even less money for boys soccer. Completely disagree with you leaving out the head count or percentages of kids who actually receive the alleged pot of gold. 1-4 people win the powerball and millions play. Your statement doesn't account for the math reality that a very small percentage of academy players across the country will get what you are laying out.
        I'm not talking about percentages of players across the country, I'm talking about what is happening with my D's team, but I will admit they're probably not representative of academy players across the country-they're the upper tier.

Comment

I'm not talking about percentages of players across the country, I'm talking about what is happening with my D's team, but I will admit they're probably not representative of academy players across the country-they're the upper tier.
          Upper tier?! Well well, that is impressive!!!

Comment

Good

overall a good program

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X