Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I agree that the first 2 years of GDA were great. People/players were excited and the quality of play was top notch. Then the shine wore off quickly once clubs like PDA and FC Stars dropped out and were replaced with lessor clubs. If the above parent was part of the NYCFC team that was the most over the top obnoxious team I have ever seen. From the parents who were out of control on the sidelines who thought their kids were the best players in the entire region to the players who believed the hype of their parents. Their reputation was bottom of the barrel. Knowing Kaz for many years and think very highly of him you can see how embarrassed he was by this entire group. By year 3 he was done and had enough not only with how US Soccer ran the program but with that team.
    Yep, the play in the 1st season was great, it was new, something different bro-bro, and my D wanted in, me too. As a former ECNL parent I can attest to the quality training that Kaz, Fredy, Ozzie, Eddy, and the various pro’s who would step-in with the girls. These players were good, fast, and helped many players to try harder, they all worked well as a group, to make the training MUCH and more technical and tactical...ECNL is a kick-and-run-and-boot-and knock-down, being honest....

As far the toxic sideline, yeah there were some over zealous types for sure, but one person’s very-competitive is another person’s, obnoxious ass-licker, so take your pick, every club has them PDA, MF, NYSC, CFC, WCFC, SUSA, EM, StarsofMass, NEFC, Oakwood, etc etc

Cant let a few sour apples ruin the cider

God bless America!!!

****Biden/Harris 2020********************************************** *****

Comment

I'm guessing that this being a tough year for everyone, WC didn't ask/require the families to buy new uniforms. Therefore, the NYCFC/DA patch still on the uniforms.

Comment

I'm guessing that this being a tough year for everyone, WC didn't ask/require the families to buy new uniforms. Therefore, the NYCFC/DA patch still on the uniforms.
        Patch, its the original NYCFC kit, only a small circle patch for WC on the arm.....hahahaha

Comment

Patch, its the original NYCFC kit, only a small circle patch for WC on the arm.....hahahaha
          https://twitter.com/WorldClassFC1/st...990208/photo/1

ARM-PATCH.....HAHAHAHA

Comment

Pretty good for WC to not demand everyone buy a new kit since last year it was only used for half a season.

Comment

No DA patch, just NYCFC patch and WCFC patch. Same uniforms as the 2019-2020 season uniforms.

Comment

I agree that the first 2 years of GDA were great. People/players were excited and the quality of play was top notch. Then the shine wore off quickly once clubs like PDA and FC Stars dropped out and were replaced with lessor clubs. If the above parent was part of the NYCFC team that was the most over the top obnoxious team I have ever seen. From the parents who were out of control on the sidelines who thought their kids were the best players in the entire region to the players who believed the hype of their parents. Their reputation was bottom of the barrel. Knowing Kaz for many years and think very highly of him you can see how embarrassed he was by this entire group. By year 3 he was done and had enough not only with how US Soccer ran the program but with that team.
                top notch? how many of those players have gone on to play at a really high level? Very few.

Comment

top notch? how many of those players have gone on to play at a really high level? Very few.
                  Yeah, they've disappeared for the most part. It's like no one has seen any of them since March or so.

Comment

Yeah, they've disappeared for the most part. It's like no one has seen any of them since March or so.
                    its pointless to place too much stock in what these clubs do in club games. Look at where they go to College, how much they play, how prepared they are physically, mentally and tactically to contribute immediately. Not many fit that bill. Many players who people raved about for years just do not achieve anywhere close to what people predicted for various reasons

Comment

its pointless to place too much stock in what these clubs do in club games. Look at where they go to College, how much they play, how prepared they are physically, mentally and tactically to contribute immediately. Not many fit that bill. Many players who people raved about for years just do not achieve anywhere close to what people predicted for various reasons
                      I haven't seen any of them play in college this year. Guess they weren't very good

Comment

I haven't seen any of them play in college this year. Guess they weren't very good
                        I haven't seen Trump solve any national problems, but that doesn't mean he isn't any good???

Comment

I haven't seen Trump solve any national problems, but that doesn't mean he isn't any good???
                          Nobody has seen any college soccer this year.

Comment

Nobody has seen any college soccer this year.
                            yes they have. and some of these players who are being referred to in the initial class are going into their Junior year. You have had 2 seasons to evaluate them

Comment

yes they have. and some of these players who are being referred to in the initial class are going into their Junior year. You have had 2 seasons to evaluate them
                              The one at UVA has had a great college career.

Comment

I never understood the NYCFC role with world class did they just supply the patches?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X