Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    No, the NFL DID admit they were wrong, late today. And too late for Kaepernick.

"Roger Goodell says NFL was wrong, encourages players ‘to speak out and peacefully protest’"

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said Friday he and the league strongly support players expressing their opposition to inequality and police misconduct, saying the league’s leadership was “wrong” for ignoring players earlier and that it now endorses their peaceful protests.

“We, the National Football League condemn racism and the systematic oppression of black people,” Goodell said in a video released by the NFL. “We, the National Football League admit we were wrong for not listening to NFL players earlier, and encourage all to speak out and peacefully protest. We, the National Football League believe black lives matter.”
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...fully-protest/
    It’s never too late.
    Kap is a great man- in order to be Great it takes heart & perseverance, MLK went through it and it cost him his life. Kap took Shyte from the NFL, Trump, players and the Fans and it eventually lost his career.....Now he’s got treble the reward and a legacy bigger than his Football skills.
    He will become the face of the NFL.... his legacy should be to retire while on top, I wouldn’t if I were him take any offers that will definitely come his way.

Comment

It’s never too late.
      Kap is a great man- in order to be Great it takes heart & perseverance, MLK went through it and it cost him his life. Kap took Shyte from the NFL, Trump, players and the Fans and it eventually lost his career.....Now he’s got treble the reward and a legacy bigger than his Football skills.
      He will become the face of the NFL.... his legacy should be to retire while on top, I wouldn’t if I were him take any offers that will definitely come his way.
      what team would he start for? he wouldnt be a backup on most teams
      football skills alone- never mind the baggage

Comment

Trump still sticking his bloated turkey neck in it, saying Drew Brees shouldn't have apologized for his statement. Trump is on the wrong side of this. He still holds a grudge against the NFL

Comment

what team would he start for? he wouldnt be a backup on most teams
          football skills alone- never mind the baggage
          It would be very tough at this point since he's been out so long. There's still some owners who wouldn't touch him

Comment

Trump still sticking his bloated turkey neck in it, saying Drew Brees shouldn't have apologized for his statement. Trump is on the wrong side of this. He still holds a grudge against the NFL
            Brees has nothing to apologize for. His right to his opinion is his freedom. He said what he feels when he sees the flag and hears the anthem. He doesn’t have to kneel because someone else does.

Comment

Brees has nothing to apologize for. His right to his opinion is his freedom. He said what he feels when he sees the flag and hears the anthem. He doesn’t have to kneel because someone else does.
              Ps...Brees puts his money to good use and helps his community. Many of those he helps are minorities.

Comment

Yes, however he could have said "this is what it means to me, but I understand why others feel differently"

Comment

Sorry but he’s “seen the light” and told trump that directly by tagging BLOTUS I’m a tweet about it

Comment

And Kap does too, see this is why i know you're clueless on the reason of Kap's kneeling, but if you want to continue on with him disrespecting the Flag and the Nation then stay with it as all the Cons do because it'll be painful for you when the season begins because most likely every white player will be on their Knees .....i betcha Brees will, dont count him out just yet.

Comment

And Kap does too, see this is why i know you're clueless on the reason of Kap's kneeling, but if you want to continue on with him disrespecting the Flag and the Nation then stay with it as all the Cons do because it'll be painful for you when the season begins because most likely every white player will be on their Knees .....i betcha Brees will, dont count him out just yet.
                      I don't know anyone who expects Kap to change his opinion- Reps don't expect that, not our game
                      the problem with Brees is he gave his opinion and then changed (his opinion of what the song meant to him) to appease the mob. never works,its never enough. and in the process lost all credibility with both sides of the issue
                      he didn't see the light, he folded to pressure- the mob can now control him,and will use him for what he is worth, and the other side doesn't believe he has any core values
                      for a guy who actually had done some pretty great things for the community, he really just tarnished his image

Comment

I don't know anyone who expects Kap to change his opinion- Reps don't expect that, not our game
                        the problem with Brees is he gave his opinion and then changed (his opinion of what the song meant to him) to appease the mob. never works,its never enough. and in the process lost all credibility with both sides of the issue
                        he didn't see the light, he folded to pressure- the mob can now control him,and will use him for what he is worth, and the other side doesn't believe he has any core values
                        for a guy who actually had done some pretty great things for the community, he really just tarnished his image
                        Brees is easily top 10 QB of all time, even though nfl left him off the top 100 of all time list. Only thing missing is multiple Super Bowl rings. Refs robbed him a couple times. Most yards, highest completion %, most tds.....humble, charitable, underdog....guy has been a winner since his HS days in Texas through college, winning the rose bowl and a big 10 championship.

First he wasn’t tall enough and now he is too white.....unreal!

Comment

I hope you are lying down because this is going to make you swoon.

Apparently the Brees family fella differently than you do and thinks there is much to apologize for.

DREW Brees' wife apologized for his "insensitive" comments about the American flag and national anthem amid the ongoing George Floyd protests, saying "we are the problem."

"WE ARE THE PROBLEM,” Brittany captioned two Martin Luther King Jr. quotes on their Brees Dream Foundation page. “I write this with tears in my eyes and I hope you all hear our hearts.

“I have read these quotes and scripture 1000 times and every time I read it and the words sink into my heart. I think yes this is what it’s all about," she wrote on Saturday. "Only until the last few days, until we experienced the death threats we experienced the hate … Did I realize that these words were speaking directly to us.

"How could anyone who knows us or has had interactions with us think that Drew or I have a racist bone in our body? But that’s the whole point.

“Somehow we as white America, we can feel good about not being racist, feel good about loving one an another as God loves us. We can feel good about educating our children about the horrors of slavery and history."

But Brittany said that reading books about Martin Luther King, Malcolm X., Hank Aaron, Barack Obama, Rosa parks, Harriet Tubman and raising white children to be "unbiased and with no prejudice" was not enough.

"To teach them about all of the African Americans that have fought for and risked their lives against racial injustice," she continued.

“Somehow as white Americans we feel like that checks the box of doing the right thing. Not until this week did Drew and I realize THAT THIS IS THE PROBLEM. To say ‘I don’t agree with disrespecting the flag.'

"I now understand was also saying I don’t understand what the problem really is, I don’t understand what you’re fighting for, and I’m not willing to hear you because of our preconceived notion‘s of what that flag means to us."
                          Would you cons like to cry more over Brees?

Comment

He folded to pressure because he realized he was wrong? Let me do what you Trumpies do all the time on these boards -- can you read his mind? How do you know what he's thinking?

What is happening is plan as day to see. Trump is doing everything and anything to divide this country and get support from his base. Kneeling is a sign of respect, except when you're kneeling on someone's neck. To kneel in front of the flag during the anthem when the stadium is still and you can make your point silently is only disrespectful to those that want to make this an issue to divide our country. Those that would send in the Vice President of the United States into a football game at the cost of hundreds of thousands of dollars to you and me to make a political statement so that sheep like you can stand up and salute to your dictator.

Everyone is turning on Trump now. This kneeling thing is blowing up in Trump's face and reminding the country who is causing racial divisions. Bow to your dictator. The generals and admirals never will.

Comment

Kaep is a fraud; he kneeled to draw attention to himself and it morphed into a great cause. The cause is righteous, but that was never his original intent. It’s amazing how many people prop this guy up. Support the cause, not the guy who clumsily stumbled into it.

Comment

I hope you are lying down because this is going to make you swoon.

Apparently the Brees family fella differently than you do and thinks there is much to apologize for.

Would you cons like to cry more over Brees?
                                Brees absolutely should apologize for running his mouth at a bad time. He’s welcome to his world view, but no one was trying to hear it when he said it. That’s why he apologized.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X