Eastern Washington Soccer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer Park is really good but they are 1A. They’ve been beating teams by 10+ goals all the time. Other than that it’s the standards: Mead, Mt Sookane, CV.

Comment

After being in club soccer for years with some great coaches, high school has been a bit of a disappointment. Anybody have a great high school soccer coach in eastern Washington? Side note, Deer Park does have a great team. I hope they can keep it up after some seniors leave after this year.

Comment

Just curious... what are peoples thoughts on the club to be at in Spokane on the boys side? I see Sounders plays in the ECNL, put are generally middle/bottom of standings at most age groups. Surf teams are kind of all over the place on what leagues they play in. I've heard WE promoting the Elite Academy, but from what I can see seems like they travel a lot to play pretty mediocre teams from the west side. Maybe I'm missing something some other teams? Newer to the area and trying to see what people from here think.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
          Just curious... what are peoples thoughts on the club to be at in Spokane on the boys side? I see Sounders plays in the ECNL, put are generally middle/bottom of standings at most age groups. Surf teams are kind of all over the place on what leagues they play in. I've heard WE promoting the Elite Academy, but from what I can see seems like they travel a lot to play pretty mediocre teams from the west side. Maybe I'm missing something some other teams? Newer to the area and trying to see what people from here think.
          WE or Surf will probably help develop your player the most even though they don’t get all the top players like Sounders. Elite Academy isn’t great yet but probably better than Sounders getting smoked in ECNL. Might depend on the age group for Sounders too. Vela is a good coach, but if it’s Seely, run away as fast as possible.

Comment

WE or Surf will probably help develop your player the most even though they don’t get all the top players like Sounders. Elite Academy isn’t great yet but probably better than Sounders getting smoked in ECNL. Might depend on the age group for Sounders too. Vela is a good coach, but if it’s Seely, run away as fast as possible.
            Probably most important to find a good coach at whatever age your kid is at and hope they stick around for a little bit. All the clubs in town have some good teams at certain ages and struggle at others.

I am curious. I've heard a couple examples, but how likely is it that a top kid from Spokane gets an offer to play for the Sounders Academy or Crossfire, or another top westside team? What's that process look like?

Comment

There have been a few kids go to play for Sounders Boys boys boys and a couple that have been discovery players for Girls ECNL teams but you are talking few and far between. I have heard of girls going to play with WP, Reign, and Eastside but not aware of any playing for XF. You are talking about the kids that stick out like a sore thumb playing with East Washington teams. Most often it is a “don’t call us, we will call you” type of situation. Between GA, Boys ECNL, and now EAL, most top local players get plenty of exposure and competition playing with locally based teams. There are a couple age groups that between WE, Sounders, Surf, Central Washington and the one off teams from smaller clubs you really wouldn’t even have to go through the pass to find a decent amount of good games.

Comment

Does anyone know what’s going on with the Spokane clubs right now? FC Spokane and Sounders announced a partnership on Facebook before the fall but it doesn’t seem like anything ever really came of it. A couple parents told me that surf has been sending players with we teams for EAL and now some we girls are going with surf for gal games. If those two clubs actually can work together it would seem like a really good thing for Spokane.

Comment

Down in the Tri-Cities, I know of a few girls playing discovery and/or full time with XF and Eastside at the HS age. Not familiar with the boys.

Comment

XF had an 08 Boys team in Yakima a couple of years ago. Not sure what happened with it.

Comment

XF had an 08 Boys team in Yakima a couple of years ago. Not sure what happened with it.
                      Crossfire Yakima was supposed to be an entire “satellite” club. I’m pretty sure it crashed and burned. I imagine most of the teams and players were absorbed by Central Washington Sounders.

Comment

Any eastside folks interested in Seattle area ECNL teams.... find the team/coach you are interested in. If you are good you have probably been noticed. Otherwise, shoot the coach an email you can find the emails on their website and inquire if there is any training your child can attend because your child is interested in trying out. The regular season for girls starts in January and goes through May. Tryouts are mid/end of May so get over there before then. XF also offers camps, go to a few of those. Im sure the others probably do too. Be careful of club affiliations. I've heard Sounders have cut off their players from being able to play for ECNL and practice at their facilities. Washington East has a partnership with XF. You can generally train with a WE team and go over for ECNL games.... if they want your player bad enough. Washington East is great with this and you pay half the regular player registration fee for this service. Not sure if Surf or anyone else has these types of training capabilities.

Comment

Here's my question for the Spokane folks. Is there any specific team and age group on the boys side that can compete against top westside teams? What I don't understand is why spokane tries to have so many "premier" teams when they would better served having one "top team" ( I do understand what it most likely is. To many hands in the the pot. Everyone needs to give their spiel and make some money, etc). Even if they were to get the top kids on one team, I think some age groups would struggle. I wonder how many age groups could actually be competitive if spokane could ever consolidate talent.

Comment

Here's my question for the Spokane folks. Is there any specific team and age group on the boys side that can compete against top westside teams? What I don't understand is why spokane tries to have so many "premier" teams when they would better served having one "top team" ( I do understand what it most likely is. To many hands in the the pot. Everyone needs to give their spiel and make some money, etc). Even if they were to get the top kids on one team, I think some age groups would struggle. I wonder how many age groups could actually be competitive if spokane could ever consolidate talent.
                            Washington East has some really solid teams in certain age groups. Sounders is getting thumped in ECNL at almost every age group. I don’t really know why they are even in the league, Spokane could compete if they consolidated but it will never happen. Coaches and directors make money because they convince parents that their kids are elite in the alphabet soup leagues. More “top teams” means more money means more adults get paid,

Comment

Well said, the Spokane area probably simply doesn't have enough players overall to create multiple high level teams. One high level team from Spokane might produce something that is competitive.

Comment

Washington East has some really solid teams in certain age groups. Sounders is getting thumped in ECNL at almost every age group. I don’t really know why they are even in the league, Spokane could compete if they consolidated but it will never happen. Coaches and directors make money because they convince parents that their kids are elite in the alphabet soup leagues. More “top teams” means more money means more adults get paid,
                                I have heard this before, and WA East may have some solid teams at certain age groups, but who are they playing? It looks like that EA league is mostly subpar competition. I know Sounders struggle in the ECNL, but wonder how the solid WA East teams would do in the ECNL. Spokane teams should probably just play each other more often to see where the talent is and then get those kids together. Unfortunately, probably never gonna happen.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X