UConn Men’s Soccer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who would be some names tied to a possible change? Alumnus? Former pros? Locals?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      it was an ugly season for sure. i think it depends on what happens with RR. Does he come back? i don't know if players missed games due to covid so the record may a bit misleading, but my guess is that it's pretty accurate of their current state. this program needs a revamp in my opinion. yes they usually make the ncaa's but they get bounced almost immediately. a new stadium and new coach may be exactly what this program needs.
      Ray reid needs to just go. Cranky old dou che

Comment

it was an ugly season for sure. i think it depends on what happens with RR. Does he come back? i don't know if players missed games due to covid so the record may a bit misleading, but my guess is that it's pretty accurate of their current state. this program needs a revamp in my opinion. yes they usually make the ncaa's but they get bounced almost immediately. a new stadium and new coach may be exactly what this program needs.
        You don't get a record of 1-6-1 because a few players were out from time to time. The player arrest probably didn't help morale or RRs reputation with the school. Clearly the assistant coach wasn't up to the task while RR was out.

Comment

Where does this program go from here? Do they bounce back?
          Ray either retires or gets one more year to go out his way. He’s clearly recruiting the wrong internationals and there’s no UCONN grit or spirit like in previous generations

Comment

Ray either retires or gets one more year to go out his way. He’s clearly recruiting the wrong internationals and there’s no UCONN grit or spirit like in previous generations
            I can see that happening. He'd have the excuse of his personal leave and Covid as reasons to get another year

Comment

A steady decline has happened for years. Need an injection of new life. The stadium should be a boost.

Comment

A steady decline has happened for years. Need an injection of new life. The stadium should be a boost.
                It's not a selling point .... Very underwhelming.

Comment

It's not a selling point .... Very underwhelming.
                  On a list of priorities for recruits picking a program, a stadium might finish #9 of 10.

Comment

RR will leave when he’s good and ready.

Comment

To the detriment of the program

Comment

He was ready 11.5 years ago. A total zero

Comment

Who instead? RR took over a successful UConn and was the top college coach in CT winning at SCSU.

Do they tap the same well? Is UCOnn now too big? Too small? For big time outside inter?

Comment

Who instead? RR took over a successful UConn and was the top college coach in CT winning at SCSU.

Do they tap the same well? Is UCOnn now too big? Too small? For big time outside inter?
                            They put very little effort into hiring a coach for the women's program. Expect more of the same

Comment

They put very little effort into hiring a coach for the women's program. Expect more of the same
                              The AD picked a former player. Do you think that will happen here as well?

Comment

An older pre RR player or a RR era player? Believe there are some in college coaching now.
                                Some in state ones would be KS at Yale, ED at QU and GD for an in system guy.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X