Talking-Soccer.com

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > Massachusetts

Notices

Massachusetts Discussions about Massachusetts soccer.

Old 1 Day Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
There are many Select players who could continue and play in College but for whatever reason choose not to. In general, most families who play for Select are not chasing scholarships because, frankly, they don't need to. With that being said, saying that they do not produce great players is surely a bit of an understatement. I do believe they have at least 3 or 4 of the top players in the country playing for them. And of those, most if not all, have been with them from the beginning of there careers.
Lol!!!!!!!! Dude- u sound like a complete POS when u say most familes dont need scholarships that play at select. What a do*che you sound like.
Old 20 Hours Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Lol!!!!!!!! Dude- u sound like a complete POS when u say most familes dont need scholarships that play at select. What a do*che you sound like.
I am so sorry. Does the truth hurt your feelings , lol. I did not state anything that isn't accurate. My comment is not meant to illicit a debate. Facts are facts. Most families that play for Select do so because their kids love playing for them and they can afford it. It is that simple. And, if along the way, your child, has national level playing abilities they will not steer you wrong. This is evidenced by the number of national level players they have produced.
Old 16 Hours Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
I am so sorry. Does the truth hurt your feelings , lol. I did not state anything that isn't accurate. My comment is not meant to illicit a debate. Facts are facts. Most families that play for Select do so because their kids love playing for them and they can afford it. It is that simple. And, if along the way, your child, has national level playing abilities they will not steer you wrong. This is evidenced by the number of national level players they have produced.
well I tried to sign my 10 year old daughter up for a team next fall at select and select said no thanks............................only kidding! As if select wouldn't take my $5000 for the "absolute honor and privilege" of playing on a select team as a 10 year old. Select would take a deaf mute if the parents are willing to pay $5000 a year. Go get those got soccer points select. Glad my daughter will be apart of something special.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahha
Old 15 Hours Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
well I tried to sign my 10 year old daughter up for a team next fall at select and select said no thanks............................only kidding! As if select wouldn't take my $5000 for the "absolute honor and privilege" of playing on a select team as a 10 year old. Select would take a deaf mute if the parents are willing to pay $5000 a year. Go get those got soccer points select. Glad my daughter will be apart of something special.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahha
I have no idea what you are trying to say, lol. A little early to be drinking, isn't it?
Old 15 Hours Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
I have no idea what you are trying to say, lol. A little early to be drinking, isn't it?
If you were a parent and paid $5000 for you kid to be on a low level team I would be drinking early also. Trying to numb the pain of just realizing you threw 5grand out the door. When there’s a ton of other clubs around the south shore the probably offer the same things at a lower price.
Old 7 Hours Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
If you were a parent and paid $5000 for you kid to be on a low level team I would be drinking early also. Trying to numb the pain of just realizing you threw 5grand out the door. When there’s a ton of other clubs around the south shore the probably offer the same things at a lower price.
Ok, clearly, you have a comprehension issue, lol. My original point was that most Select families can afford to throw away 5 grand if they want to. They do it because their kid loves it. Their hard earned money, their choice what they spend it on.
Old 7 Hours Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
It is a boatload of money to pay for an athetlic endeavor. Here’s how I look at it, if the following describes your situation:
1. well off financially
2. local to where they train
3. have excellent athletic genes
4. have a girl who lives for soccer

Select may be a good option for you up to u14. If you’re kid is truly one one of the best by that time, take her to NEFC or Stars and see if they make the top team.
Why only until U14? Select produces some of the best talent in the country as evidenced by the players they have playing at the national level. Why would you leave Select and go to another club at U14?
Old 4 Hours Ago
Unregistered

We've been with select for more than a few years, (not top team player), & tuition is comparable with other "big" clubs, our player has received other club offers. The axe to grind guy's tuition quote that graces these threads every few weeks certainly do not pertain to us or the majority of select clientele we are sure. The assumption in these threads is that the high tuition quotes are the norm for all select players. This is not the case. However, top team players most certainly pay more than lower level players.
#obsessed
#axe2grindguy
#getwhatyoupayfor
#groupthemalltogether