Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will select be the 1st $5000/yr soccer club?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Disagree with u 1000000%. 10 year old girls from Massachusetts should never ever ever play in a tournament in Texas!!!! That is soooooo stupid.
    Clearly you didn’t get the invite. Can we just enjoy the kids working hard to be good at something they love? It’s impressive how people express their opinions on here and don’t think about what would my child think about me bashing companies and kids that are working hard every day at the sport we all enjoy. Us parents need to look ourselves in the mirror and stop coming on this forum (myself included). Really ridiculous stuff, we should be better than this.

Comment

Clearly you didn’t get the invite. Can we just enjoy the kids working hard to be good at something they love? It’s impressive how people express their opinions on here and don’t think about what would my child think about me bashing companies and kids that are working hard every day at the sport we all enjoy. Us parents need to look ourselves in the mirror and stop coming on this forum (myself included). Really ridiculous stuff, we should be better than this.
      So I agree and disagree with your post.
      People should not bash kids on here.
      I do think it’s okay to give an opinion about clubs fees and if it’s worth it or not.
      Do I think SSS charges to much YES
      Do I think some parents at SSS are drinking the cool aid not thinking for themselves about what’s best for their child YES
      Any club that takes u10’s to a tournament that you have to fly to are dumb and just using the team to take a vacation some where.
      U10 should be about development over wins. You think taking 10 year olds to a tournament far away is about development or getting wins?
      You can find good competition around here at that age.

With all that being said if parents want to spend their own money on this stuff go for it.
      Doesn’t mean I can’t give my opinion. You don’t have to listen.

Please don’t say SSS or any club for that matter is more than just soccer. I know parents will say they made great friends from their club but I would hope so. Look it at it this way you paid $4,000 so sss could play match maker with your kid. You put a person in a group of 16 and the get together 3x a week for a year I would hope you would make some close friends.

Comment

So I agree and disagree with your post.
        People should not bash kids on here.
        I do think it’s okay to give an opinion about clubs fees and if it’s worth it or not.
        Do I think SSS charges to much YES
        Do I think some parents at SSS are drinking the cool aid not thinking for themselves about what’s best for their child YES
        Any club that takes u10’s to a tournament that you have to fly to are dumb and just using the team to take a vacation some where.
        U10 should be about development over wins. You think taking 10 year olds to a tournament far away is about development or getting wins?
        You can find good competition around here at that age.

With all that being said if parents want to spend their own money on this stuff go for it.
        Doesn’t mean I can’t give my opinion. You don’t have to listen.

Please don’t say SSS or any club for that matter is more than just soccer. I know parents will say they made great friends from their club but I would hope so. Look it at it this way you paid $4,000 so sss could play match maker with your kid. You put a person in a group of 16 and the get together 3x a week for a year I would hope you would make some close friends.
        Nice thoughtful post. Good job. To follow up on your 1st points what reason is there at all to pay $5000 a year to have my 9 year old daughter play at select? My choice, but that seems like a sh*t load of money to pay a club.

Comment

#beatingadeadhorse

Move on please.

Comment

Nice thoughtful post. Good job. To follow up on your 1st points what reason is there at all to pay $5000 a year to have my 9 year old daughter play at select? My choice, but that seems like a sh*t load of money to pay a club.
            It is a boatload of money to pay for an athetlic endeavor. Here’s how I look at it, if the following describes your situation:
            1. well off financially
            2. local to where they train
            3. have excellent athletic genes
            4. have a girl who lives for soccer

Select may be a good option for you up to u14. If you’re kid is truly one one of the best by that time, take her to NEFC or Stars and see if they make the top team.

Comment

It is a boatload of money to pay for an athetlic endeavor. Here’s how I look at it, if the following describes your situation:
              1. well off financially

Select may be a good option for you up to u14. If you’re kid is truly one one of the best by that time, take her to NEFC or Stars and see if they make the top team.
              Yup, and that describes a lot of people in the triangle from Hingham to Westwood and Duxbury.

Comment

1. well off financially

5. LOVES Kool-Aid.

Comment

5. LOVES Kool-Aid.
                  Sounds like a response from someone missing some of the criteria.
                  Are you poor, or do you live somewhere else?
                  Is your kid clumsy or just not passionate about soccer?

If you have an answer to either of the above then you are correct, Select is a bad spend of your limited resources. Play fieldhockey

Comment

Anyone who is playing Select prices is out of their minds!!!
                    Not only do they charge more for tuition but they also jack up the cost of tournaments. And don't forget all the extra stuff all year long. Biggest racket around. And anyone who is going to Claim they are producing great soccer players needs to look at the college commits... no many!!!

Comment

Anyone who is playing Select prices is out of their minds!!!
                      Not only do they charge more for tuition but they also jack up the cost of tournaments. And don't forget all the extra stuff all year long. Biggest racket around. And anyone who is going to Claim they are producing great soccer players needs to look at the college commits... no many!!!
                      There are many Select players who could continue and play in College but for whatever reason choose not to. In general, most families who play for Select are not chasing scholarships because, frankly, they don't need to. With that being said, saying that they do not produce great players is surely a bit of an understatement. I do believe they have at least 3 or 4 of the top players in the country playing for them. And of those, most if not all, have been with them from the beginning of there careers.

Comment

There are many Select players who could continue and play in College but for whatever reason choose not to. In general, most families who play for Select are not chasing scholarships because, frankly, they don't need to. With that being said, saying that they do not produce great players is surely a bit of an understatement. I do believe they have at least 3 or 4 of the top players in the country playing for them. And of those, most if not all, have been with them from the beginning of there careers.
                        Lol!!!!!!!! Dude- u sound like a complete POS when u say most familes dont need scholarships that play at select. What a do*che you sound like.

Comment

Lol!!!!!!!! Dude- u sound like a complete POS when u say most familes dont need scholarships that play at select. What a do*che you sound like.
                          I am so sorry. Does the truth hurt your feelings , lol. I did not state anything that isn't accurate. My comment is not meant to illicit a debate. Facts are facts. Most families that play for Select do so because their kids love playing for them and they can afford it. It is that simple. And, if along the way, your child, has national level playing abilities they will not steer you wrong. This is evidenced by the number of national level players they have produced.

Comment

I am so sorry. Does the truth hurt your feelings , lol. I did not state anything that isn't accurate. My comment is not meant to illicit a debate. Facts are facts. Most families that play for Select do so because their kids love playing for them and they can afford it. It is that simple. And, if along the way, your child, has national level playing abilities they will not steer you wrong. This is evidenced by the number of national level players they have produced.
                            well I tried to sign my 10 year old daughter up for a team next fall at select and select said no thanks............................only kidding! As if select wouldn't take my $5000 for the "absolute honor and privilege" of playing on a select team as a 10 year old. Select would take a deaf mute if the parents are willing to pay $5000 a year. Go get those got soccer points select. Glad my daughter will be apart of something special.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahha

Comment

well I tried to sign my 10 year old daughter up for a team next fall at select and select said no thanks............................only kidding! As if select wouldn't take my $5000 for the "absolute honor and privilege" of playing on a select team as a 10 year old. Select would take a deaf mute if the parents are willing to pay $5000 a year. Go get those got soccer points select. Glad my daughter will be apart of something special.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahha
                              I have no idea what you are trying to say, lol. A little early to be drinking, isn't it?

Comment

I have no idea what you are trying to say, lol. A little early to be drinking, isn't it?
                                If you were a parent and paid $5000 for you kid to be on a low level team I would be drinking early also. Trying to numb the pain of just realizing you threw 5grand out the door. When there’s a ton of other clubs around the south shore the probably offer the same things at a lower price.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X