Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Central Jersey soccer club advice

Hello fellow soccer parents, I'm new to NJ and planning to move to the central jersey area (north of Monmouth junction) and I would appreciate advice on soccer clubs in the area.

son is 2009, playing in local and travel clubs since he was 3.

Looking for a wholesome and competitive soccer environment where he can continue his growth both at soccer and good character.

Also if you can recommend a nice town to relocate with family within 20 minutes of the same area.

Thank you and God bless.

$

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hello fellow soccer parents, I'm new to NJ and planning to move to the central jersey area (north of Monmouth junction) and I would appreciate advice on soccer clubs in the area.

son is 2009, playing in local and travel clubs since he was 3.

Looking for a wholesome and competitive soccer environment where he can continue his growth both at soccer and good character.

Also if you can recommend a nice town to relocate with family within 20 minutes of the same area.

Thank you and God bless.
    Really will depend on your sons level of play and where your final destination is. Some facilities are easier to get to than others especially in Jersey. Good thing is the boys side there are several good options.

As for a nice town, Princeton is a nice town but I wouldn't want to live there. West Windsor has a very good school system but you will pay for what you get. Hunterdon County area would be the opposite of Princeton vibe wise and also has well regarded schooling.

If son going private school that would give you more area to choose from location wise.

You would be better off living in Bucks PA and working in NJ/sending your kid to Pennington which would be about the same amount as the property tax money you save.

Comment

Yes private school.

He's starts on the B team at a club that has 3 teams deep (practices 3x/wk, plays in Gold tournament levels not platinum)

Is there a resource that maps out the clubs/locations?

Thank you for the info.

Comment

the areas we are looking at is 20 minutes north of monmouth junction, we want to be in between Staten Island and monmouth junction. North Brunswick township/East Brunswick would be the general area as I'm looking at the map.

Comment

Yes private school.

He's starts on the B team at a club that has 3 teams deep (practices 3x/wk, plays in Gold tournament levels not platinum)

Is there a resource that maps out the clubs/locations?

Thank you for the info.
          I recommend Princeton FC

Comment

the areas we are looking at is 20 minutes north of monmouth junction, we want to be in between Staten Island and monmouth junction. North Brunswick township/East Brunswick would be the general area as I'm looking at the map.
            You are talking Middlesex County. The North of the county is more built up, while the southern areas have more open spaces a new housing developments due to the availability of land. There are many farms in the area too. There are many towns within 20 minutes of East/North Brunswick, even areas in adjacent counties.

Many of the towns have good soccer programs that compete in MOSA, MNJYSA, and EDP. For MOSA most of the travel will be East and South, for MNJYSA travel for games tends to be north. If you want your kid to play in MLS Next, ECNL, you need to go to an academy. In USYS (EDP Premier 1/2) you'll find academies and some town teams.

In high/middle school they compete in the Greater Middlesex Conference.

Comment

thank you all for the insight. Gives me direction to start. I didn't consider the possibility of living in Eastern PA for the tax savings, interesting... I have to look into this.

plan to check out Princeton FC, and will start with those leagues mentioned and see which local teams participate and take it from there.

Comment

Other towns in Central NJ you could also check out are East Windsor, Cranbury, and Plainsboro.

Soccer clubs to look at are FC Copa and Princeton FC for EDP play.

Comment

Come to FC Copa, USL Academy to USL 2 pathway!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X