Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EPD breaks their silence

After nearly twelve months of zero communication and response to anyone, EPD has finally broken their silence! As if clubs, families, and players weren’t struggling enough to try and fit in HS games, league play, showcase events, etc., now they want to re-start in April. More evidence that these people don’t care about your kids, they care about their salaries. After 12 months of decreased activity, overuse injuries are going to skyrocket trying to cram another program into the next two months. It’s borderline immoral to even consider this.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    After nearly twelve months of zero communication and response to anyone, EPD has finally broken their silence! As if clubs, families, and players weren’t struggling enough to try and fit in HS games, league play, showcase events, etc., now they want to re-start in April. More evidence that these people don’t care about your kids, they care about their salaries. After 12 months of decreased activity, overuse injuries are going to skyrocket trying to cram another program into the next two months. It’s borderline immoral to even consider this.
    can i pay again?

Comment

complaining either way

Even if EPD made a statement that due to high school, club and everything else we are postponing parents would have complained. Here is a revolutionary thought....don' have your player do EPD if you are worried about it. You have the power to choose. its crazy how so many parents are so tainted and put down ECNL, EAL, EPD, OPD, RCL, PSPL. What is going well in Washington soccer for you all?

Comment

Don't send your child then. And stop whining, first about nothing from EPD (when the staff were temporarily laid off) and now about them scheduling events when the restrictions have lessened. This isn't about people caring about their salaries, but providing something that kids want. Lots--probably the majority--of EPD players are not in high school and are looking forward to this.

Comment

Don't send your child then. And stop whining, first about nothing from EPD (when the staff were temporarily laid off) and now about them scheduling events when the restrictions have lessened. This isn't about people caring about their salaries, but providing something that kids want. Lots--probably the majority--of EPD players are not in high school and are looking forward to this.
          What are they doing? Pool training with the kids selected in August 2019 who already had regionals in Jan 20? They didn't have tryouts for this cycle so not sure what else they could do other than have tryouts.

EPD is a big part of WYS's budget and probably the biggest net positive, so unsurprising they would want to somehow generate some revenues there (and by running a makeshift state cup).

Comment

I agree with the OP. My daughter is a freshman playing up to varsity this year and the amount of soccer these coaches expect from players is silly. Her HS coach has them going 6 days a week just so he can win some games. Her club is planning to start the day after HS and already talking about weeknight games because there isn’t enough time with what’s already on the schedule. She was selected for regional camp and apparently they want to try and do that, but I just don’t see how it is possible especially considering what EPD has become. No reason to risk her ACLs to go play against ECNL castoffs. Doubt she will play HS next year because those coaches and families are even more crazy than clubs.

Comment

I agree with the OP. My daughter is a freshman playing up to varsity this year and the amount of soccer these coaches expect from players is silly. Her HS coach has them going 6 days a week just so he can win some games. Her club is planning to start the day after HS and already talking about weeknight games because there isn’t enough time with what’s already on the schedule. She was selected for regional camp and apparently they want to try and do that, but I just don’t see how it is possible especially considering what EPD has become. No reason to risk her ACLs to go play against ECNL castoffs. Doubt she will play HS next year because those coaches and families are even more crazy than clubs.
              Sometimes parents have to parent. You don,t let your kid eat all their Halloween candy the same night, do you? I am sure they would like to.....just like they would practice and play every game in front of them. Dont fall for the pressures.....we call this FOMO.

Comment

PSA:
                If this is about going to regional camp, the camp pool has been picked already. Honestly,
                the regional pool has been picked from WA already. The parents and players already know.
                Most of you are going to pay for the EPD system. It's ok if it is your first time, not
                afraid of covid, and want your kid to have new experience. BUT, if you are risking on the
                false hope of being scouted or picked for regional camp, DO NOT GO. PacNW and WYS are seriously a bunch of MFers if they are pushing this bullsh!t narrative. Surprised PacNW are even allowed to do EPD anymore after your three probation for poaching players.

Stay safe.

Comment

Ahh, take control of the situation and be a parent? You do not need EPD after 8th grade.
                  Overuse and injuries are on you to allow this to happen. Camp is a waste of time unless
                  she will be going to interregionals and even that is becoming questionable due to covid, traveling to Florida during busy Thanksgiving holiday, and costs. I love it. Parents
                  of a 14 year old talking sh!t about ECNL castoffs. Come talk with me when your dd is 17 and
                  let's how she really is in front of college coaches and if she has the test scores and grades.

End result if you are thinking of college ball is questionable at best. I would like to
                  think it is awesome, but in reality it is just a check box filter for some coaches.
                  Good luck. Almost done.

Comment

LOL People still sign up for EPD and think they are getting anything more than a kid playdate once a month?

Comment

So, have any EPD pools resumed training for the vaunted Friendship Cup yet? Lulz. Another month of silence should remove any lingering doubts that this is anything but a pure cash grab. $200/player to play a select level tournament in Portland and do your own transportation and lodging? Can anyone actually explain that math? Lulz.

Comment

So, have any EPD pools resumed training for the vaunted Friendship Cup yet? Lulz. Another month of silence should remove any lingering doubts that this is anything but a pure cash grab. $200/player to play a select level tournament in Portland and do your own transportation and lodging? Can anyone actually explain that math? Lulz.
                        Everything in life is a cash grab. Either you are grabbing or it is being grabbed from you. It is a choice.

Comment

Don't feel bad, maybe your kid will make it next year :)

Comment

Don't feel bad, maybe your kid will make it next year :)
                            My kids was “selected” for Regional Camp. In other words, I guess they have figured out that our check will clear. There’s still no point in going to Portland to beat up on the Thorns and Spokane EPD teams.

Comment

Cash grab

So, have any EPD pools resumed training for the vaunted Friendship Cup yet? Lulz. Another month of silence should remove any lingering doubts that this is anything but a pure cash grab. $200/player to play a select level tournament in Portland and do your own transportation and lodging? Can anyone actually take explain that math? Lulz.
                              Training against best kids at their age is also nice. If your kid is good enough Florida regional event is very competitive. All of these are over priced but so is every club sport. Kids love to play with the great players they play against. Relax on the critical spirits.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X