Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Wait...so it IS ok to disparage players who play for NH-based clubs (as has been done), but not to point out those who don't really don't need to? Of course there is no "weakness" to go play anywhere. Really don't understand why that's hard to understand. It's a matter of opinion, and an educated one at that, that players don't need to. Top quality ones don't need to. Now, if anyone WANTS to, or needs something to get them over the hump, what's wrong with that, mommy?

You are so upset that Mia isn't top notch it's driving you batty. Again...anyone is welcome to play wherever they like. By stating you don't need to do something if you have talent, that upsets you. Why?

Talk a read through this website and the fellating of some leagues/clubs is embarrassing. The mere mention that someone on a super-team could be replaced, or is naively chasing a dream, drives too many bonkers. Why?

Sorry if it hits close to home, but my message doesn't change, nor should it. I don't buy into league marketing schemes. YMMV.
    I've refrained from commenting several times but after reading through the last few pages I can no longer stop myself from saying that you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

The thought that a "weaker" player can waltz onto a big club's top team or it's B or even C team and be a starter and be noticed by college coaches and grab a DI scholarship is laughable. There are plenty of bench warmers and cones on top teams that are okay players. They are not getting more "exposure", if anything they are getting less as they are easily compared to their teammates and the opposing teams they are playing as well. Those weaker players would fare much better staying on a smaller club's team and excelling.

Bottom line is good players will shine no matter where they are playing and a college coach doesn't care where you play. It is true, however that a more competitive league and team will only strengthen a player especially a really competitive hard working one.

For some strange reason you think traveling to MA from NH is a negative on families and players and parents are forcing their kids to move. Get over yourself. People choose what's best for their family and their player. You do you and quit being so defensive when someone says MA teams and/or players are better than NH. If you don't agree who cares?

Comment

Wait...so it IS ok to disparage players who play for NH-based clubs (as has been done), but not to point out those who don't really don't need to? Of course there is no "weakness" to go play anywhere. Really don't understand why that's hard to understand. It's a matter of opinion, and an educated one at that, that players don't need to. Top quality ones don't need to. Now, if anyone WANTS to, or needs something to get them over the hump, what's wrong with that, mommy?

You are so upset that Mia isn't top notch it's driving you batty. Again...anyone is welcome to play wherever they like. By stating you don't need to do something if you have talent, that upsets you. Why?

Talk a read through this website and the fellating of some leagues/clubs is embarrassing. The mere mention that someone on a super-team could be replaced, or is naively chasing a dream, drives too many bonkers. Why?

Sorry if it hits close to home, but my message doesn't change, nor should it. I don't buy into league marketing schemes. YMMV.

Is it a marketing “scheme” when 85%+ of a roster is committed to D1 programs? Which of those kids are the “weaker” players that you have referenced repeatedly? The 4 or 5 D1 commits on NH based teams are somehow more talented and more deserving than the 17 that play in MA? Please stop it.

Comment

Is it a marketing “scheme” when 85%+ of a roster is committed to D1 programs? Which of those kids are the “weaker” players that you have referenced repeatedly? The 4 or 5 D1 commits on NH based teams are somehow more talented and more deserving than the 17 that play in MA? Please stop it.
        It's a marketing scheme when people say the only realistic path is that one. Sorry, it's not true. It's a path, and the best path (for girls); necessary for some, unnecessary for others.

More talented? Never said such a thing. Likely, some NH-based players likely could've/should've gone that route if it were feasible for them. Likely, some MA-based players didn't need to go that route at all. Some, as mentioned by others (not me) felt the need to so they could get that exposure they felt they couldn't otherwise. I'd be questioning those posters who said that; not myself.

More deserving? No idea how to answer that one, mommy. Where did that come into play?

Please keep going. This angst is getting funny now.

Comment

Different poster just reading the last posts. My only comment is that in my experience marginalized players don’t make the top teams of the national leagues so saying those players need those leagues doesn’t make sense. Players should play wherever is best for them but for the most part, it would make sense that the more a player can play games outside of NH, the better chance they have to be seen by a greater number of college coaches. It isn’t necessary to play at college but it makes it easier.

Comment

The topic of this thread reads NH Soccer Landscape. I’m not sure why there is so much focus on ECNL in this thread which does not exist in NH. Sure *some* NH players may travel to MA to play, but then it is no longer the NH landscape is it? Most of these arguments are filled with so much aggression and would be better suited on the MA board.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X