Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Don't forget than many clubs in this opl v.2 are grifters to their core, essentially offering recreational-level soccer coaching at private training prices.

We are are the outhouse premier league, v.2.
    The best part is that these English guys act like England is developing great players when the majority of the best player in the EPL come from somewhere else.

Comment

The best part is that these English guys act like England is developing great players when the majority of the best player in the EPL come from somewhere else.
      Christ.......... Stick to little league.

Comment

Christ.......... Stick to little league.
        Ok. Thanks for advice. OPL it is!

Comment

Any update on this league? Which clubs are playing? When will they start? How much travel? We are looking for something local a level above rec.

Comment

Any update on this league? Which clubs are playing? When will they start? How much travel? We are looking for something local a level above rec.
            http://www.oplsoccer.com

Comment

OPL is Rec but without the orange slices

Comment

Says the jealous/worried DOC. Wash/rinse/repeat

Comment

Says the jealous/worried DOC. Wash/rinse/repeat
                  The only worried doc/ coaches are ones that didn’t have a local league to play in because they can’t follow the rules.

Comment

Troll, baby!

The only worried doc/ coaches are ones that didn’t have a local league to play in because they can’t follow the rules.
                    The worried DOC's/Coaches are the ones who troll on here and make comments about OPL. Haha! They're all worried about losing their players/club members. They should worry. Be very worried about it.

Comment

You are WRONG! There will be orange slices. Lots of them. Well, technically wedges.

Comment

You are WRONG! There will be orange slices. Lots of them. Well, technically wedges.
                        Well I’m glad to hear this.

#bedifferent

Comment

Thanks. I went to the website but couldn’t find a list of clubs. All I found was the league staff with Seattle phone numbers and no board members.

Is this a Seattle based league? Will the teams play PSPL teams? Who decides what happens in Oregon?

In Oregon our choices are either send money to timbers or send money to Seattle?

Comment

Thanks. I went to the website but couldn’t find a list of clubs. All I found was the league staff with Seattle phone numbers and no board members.

Is this a Seattle based league? Will the teams play PSPL teams? Who decides what happens in Oregon?

In Oregon our choices are either send money to timbers or send money to Seattle?
                            http://www.oplsoccer.com/about/club-directory

Here is the link. The website is not the best. It’s based here in Portland. The teams are a big mix. My son plays 2007 on IFC Huracan. One of the top teams on oysa last year. Cosmos was also in the premier division, but had an off year. La Amistad is well known and usually puts out a good team, although, probably should check birth certificates. We had lots of friendlies with SCA and they have become a very good team. I can’t say much about the rest of the teams. It should be a lot of fun and I suspect most of the games will be competetive.

Comment

http://www.oplsoccer.com/about/club-directory

Here is the link. The website is not the best. It’s based here in Portland. The teams are a big mix. My son plays 2007 on IFC Huracan. One of the top teams on oysa last year. Cosmos was also in the premier division, but had an off year. La Amistad is well known and usually puts out a good team, although, probably should check birth certificates. We had lots of friendlies with SCA and they have become a very good team. I can’t say much about the rest of the teams. It should be a lot of fun and I suspect most of the games will be competetive.
                              Thanks for the link and the insight.

We don’t want to give our registration dollars to the timbers and want to play local. This looks like a good local league, but where is the money going?

Comment

Thanks for the link and the insight.

We don’t want to give our registration dollars to the timbers and want to play local. This looks like a good local league, but where is the money going?
                                The league is registered to the owner of PSPL. Why someone is lying in here saying “it’s local” is beyond me. That’s neat-o that FC Huracan has one 07 team and their buddies at SCA have like four teams. OPFC has two 03 age teams (the 04s just imploded). So that “club” has aged out. La Amistad will cut and run if their teams don’t play for free. Have fun. There will be one mixed gender bracket in this league ages 07-03. Yay. But they will make it “fun” with juggling contests before the games, and have their own state cup where everyone that participated gets a trophy and a chance to travel to the C league “regionals”.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X