Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wilsonville Girls PK's

Anyone have video of the PK's? Heard there maybe some controversy.

A goal was not awarded on a PK for Willyville that actually went in over the goal line after hitting the crossbar. VAR or Goal line tech would of cleared up this goal line referee error. Oh well it's just a state title.

Comment

Some guy has excellent video on instagram. Plain as day ball was over line. Ref was right there and missed it. Inexcusable.

Comment

Link?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Some guy has excellent video on instagram. Plain as day ball was over line. Ref was right there and missed it. Inexcusable.
          Go to Instagram type in theoregonselite

Comment

Go to Instagram type in theoregonselite
            Also a nice foul in the box. Swept her right foot then ball then swiped her left foot causing a fall.

Comment

"After further review, the ruling on the field has been confirmed. No goal."

Comment

Also a nice foul in the box. Swept her right foot then ball then swiped her left foot causing a fall.
                Crescent Valley parents outraged when one of their 5000 flops per game doesn't work. Enjoy your undeserved championship.

Comment

"After further review, the ruling on the field has been confirmed. No goal."
                  The Oregon Elite video is inconclusive. You can't see the line. It bounces down, then back up and hits the bar and then out. It very possibly could have had a ton of backspin. If the entire ball was over the line it would be pretty difficult to bounce back up like it did. It was moving fast.

If I were in the VAR booth I certainly wouldn't have overturned that call. Losing the state title on a pk is tough, but there is not clear and conclusive evidence.

Comment

As someone who has no dog in this particular fight--the call may well have been incorrect, but:

1) This is a high school game, not the world cup. No VAR, goal line technology, or other such things are going to be used.

2) It's high school ball. They don't use proper ARs anyway.

3) It's a judgement call. Even if incontrovertible evidence were to be produced that the ref got it wrong, the call on the field will stand. Referees are human and screw up, that's part of the game. Like sucks, my kid's been at the wrong end of terrible calls. Quite whining about it, as life will go on.

Comment

The Oregon Elite video is inconclusive. You can't see the line. It bounces down, then back up and hits the bar and then out. It very possibly could have had a ton of backspin. If the entire ball was over the line it would be pretty difficult to bounce back up like it did. It was moving fast.

If I were in the VAR booth I certainly wouldn't have overturned that call. Losing the state title on a pk is tough, but there is not clear and conclusive evidence.
                      ALL of the ball has to be beyond the goal line for it to be a goal. Not just the contact patch--if any part of the ball remains over any part of the line for the entire path of the ball, the ball is still inbounds, and no goal is the correct call.

Lots of people get this wrong, but that's the rule.

I have no opinion as to whether the call was correct in this case (haven't watched the video); but the rule is the rule.

Comment

ALL of the ball has to be beyond the goal line for it to be a goal. Not just the contact patch--if any part of the ball remains over any part of the line for the entire path of the ball, the ball is still inbounds, and no goal is the correct call.

Lots of people get this wrong, but that's the rule.

I have no opinion as to whether the call was correct in this case (haven't watched the video); but the rule is the rule.
                        I watched the game on tv on nfhs. Couldn’t believe wilsonville didn’t put one away. Crescent valley was not the better team.

Comment

It's not the Oregon Elite video. It's by some guy on Instagram named Ryan Slider - ssvisualworks - and it is ridiculously conclusive. CV parents and players should be embarrassed. See for yourself.

Comment

It's not the Oregon Elite video. It's by some guy on Instagram named Ryan Slider - ssvisualworks - and it is ridiculously conclusive. CV parents and players should be embarrassed. See for yourself.
                            Link or STFU...

Playoff/Championship games have 4 officials. Center, 2 AR's, and a 4th. On PK's AR's will be right off the posts. Their 1 and only job is to watch to see if the whole ball crosses the line. Unless their is goal line technology, calling BS on any ref complaints....

Comment

Link or STFU...

Playoff/Championship games have 4 officials. Center, 2 AR's, and a 4th. On PK's AR's will be right off the posts. Their 1 and only job is to watch to see if the whole ball crosses the line. Unless their is goal line technology, calling BS on any ref complaints....
                              https://www.instagram.com/p/B4_yIoph7mv/

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X