Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    She is a professional athlete and supposedly has around $300K in endorsement contracts so I think the tweets are meant to be read.
    That's why she got the deals, social media (and she didn't even have that many followers when Nike signed her).

Comment

She is NOT a professional athlete. She gets endorsement money from Nike, but she is not paid to play any sport
      You are correct, but she is not a professional athlete. At this point she is a gimmick that can’t even play in a Thorns game. If she was really good and wanted to be paid as a professional athlete then she should go to Europe

Comment

You are correct, but she is not a professional athlete. At this point she is a gimmick that can’t even play in a Thorns game. If she was really good and wanted to be paid as a professional athlete then she should go to Europe
        Unless she has European ancestry and can get an EU passport, she can't go to Europe and play either.

Comment

Unless she has European ancestry and can get an EU passport, she can't go to Europe and play either.
          This is because of fascists and why we need the iron flag!

Comment

Passport issues aside she can't even play professionally abroad at her age. She cannot play professionally here either, only train, but has signed a contract with the club and has taken money from corporations which renders her ineligible for college soccer.

Comment

Passport issues aside she can't even play professionally abroad at her age. She cannot play professionally here either, only train, but has signed a contract with the club and has taken money from corporations which renders her ineligible for college soccer.
              Of course, the value of her Nike contract is on par with the value of a four year full ride at UNC, which is what she gave up. Even without that, she can afford college.

Currently, what I've seen of her, she's small enough that playing with grown women in competitive matches is probably risky, even if she legally could. (There have been 3 14-year old boys I can think of recently that have signed pro contracts, but all of them are physically mature and essentially have the bodies of grown men, or at least males in their late teens).

Comment

Of course, the value of her Nike contract is on par with the value of a four year full ride at UNC, which is what she gave up. Even without that, she can afford college.

Currently, what I've seen of her, she's small enough that playing with grown women in competitive matches is probably risky, even if she legally could. (There have been 3 14-year old boys I can think of recently that have signed pro contracts, but all of them are physically mature and essentially have the bodies of grown men, or at least males in their late teens).
                Assuming the parents don't spend all the Nike money. She's being home schooled and training all the time so is she a good enough student to get into a UNC on her own?

She's small because she hasn't even gone through puberty yet. Puberty isn't always kind to girls and women's teams have no experience gauging how a young girl might grow. Even pro men's clubs don't always get it right despite more experience. Then there's the mental aspect of all the attention on someone so young, growing up in a different-than-average childhood.

Comment

I am sure she has participated in 1-2-1 sessions with one of the Oregon Coaches who has been spoken about on here.

Comment

She is a decent soccer player but nothing special. It’s all about money and politics... sad to say but you almost have to pimp out your kid and that’s basically what they have done.

Comment

She is a decent soccer player but nothing special. It’s all about money and politics... sad to say but you almost have to pimp out your kid and that’s basically what they have done.
                      I've seen her. She is better than decent. You guys are all ridiculous. She has tremendous potential and you want to drag her down into the muck so that you can feel better about your own DD. I find the fact that somebody created this thread outrageous as well. If you want to feel better about yourselves than there are better targets than a 13yo soccer player. Get a life people.

Comment

That’s what the SoCal people who knew her say. Crazy rich parents created media hype but they can afford it. Don’t need the Nike money, just want the Nike media attention and perks. Sad but they can do what they want with their riches.

Comment

She has parents who know how to create and then cash in on an image. Everyone has different priorities and the kid seems to be enjoying all the money and attention so who cares?

Parents must be have gotten advise from LaVar Ball.

Comment

That’s what the SoCal people who knew her say. Crazy rich parents created media hype but they can afford it. Don’t need the Nike money, just want the Nike media attention and perks. Sad but they can do what they want with their riches.
                            Agree, but they took away the option to participate in college athletics. Also, we all know that being a good soccer player can help a player get into a top college that they may not have gotten in without soccer.

Comment

Only she, in the end, will know if it was worth it. Who cares.

I don't follow her on Instagram or Twitter like some creep so I don't know anything else about her. I don't stalk her on FB and don't care about her parents either.

Kinda odd others do. But then again, there are people that think they are actually doing something significant coaching a kid game or running a clubhouse.

Women soccer: if it was only as popular as snowboarding or bass fishing...people could make some real money for being good at it.

I think some folks need a reality check.

Comment

It’s just a rich kids parents buying her a playground.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X