X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    There won’t be a TA u13 next year
    God, I hope not. Let the boys go through puberty and learn the 11v11 game first.

Comment

God, I hope not. Let the boys go through puberty and learn the 11v11 game first.
      All u13 plays 11 v 11 anyway

Comment

All u13 plays 11 v 11 anyway
        Yes, but let them play it for a year or two before trying to choose which players are special.

Comment

Yes, but let them play it for a year or two before trying to choose which players are special.
          I wish they would keep kids on 9v9 until u14 and teach them how to play in tight spaces, have actual control and take good shots

Having a huge field and huge goal (compared to the children’s size) doesn’t teach much with so much room for error

Comment

I wish they would keep kids on 9v9 until u14 and teach them how to play in tight spaces, have actual control and take good shots

Having a huge field and huge goal (compared to the children’s size) doesn’t teach much with so much room for error
            One could argue for 9v9 at U13. One problem with this age group is that success is often based on how quickly your keeper grows. I've seen small keepers in U13 fail miserably at guarding a full-size goal--they simply can't reach the bar--and I've seen giants in U12 that are almost impossible to score against.

I wouldn't do 9v9 at U14.

At any rate, futsal is also an option.

Comment

One could argue for 9v9 at U13. One problem with this age group is that success is often based on how quickly your keeper grows. I've seen small keepers in U13 fail miserably at guarding a full-size goal--they simply can't reach the bar--and I've seen giants in U12 that are almost impossible to score against.

I wouldn't do 9v9 at U14.

At any rate, futsal is also an option.
              My son played keeper at u13 and it was ridiculously big for him and he picked up bad positioning habits that took 2 years to break

Most keepers are there because they are big but that means they are normally slow too. It means strikers need to actually shoot with precision which makes them better in the long run.

But I’m one of those that looks at the actual development aspect of playing not winning or goals in the u11-u14 range

Comment

Halfway through the OYSA season and the top 5 in the standings are:
                PDX South
                Salmon Creek
                WA Timbers
                ADF
                Eastside Timbers

It's been an interesting run these first handful of games. Looking forward to the big finish.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X