Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

08 Boys OYSA

I've noticed that the '08 boys aren't posting scores for their first year in Premier soccer. Why is this the case? Didn't we have 2 years of Development (with no scores) already? The kids on our team are a bit disappointed that they don't have official standings and posted scores. Seems like they are old enough to handle this. Anyone have any idea of scores out there for this last weekend at this age group?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I've noticed that the '08 boys aren't posting scores for their first year in Premier soccer. Why is this the case? Didn't we have 2 years of Development (with no scores) already? The kids on our team are a bit disappointed that they don't have official standings and posted scores. Seems like they are old enough to handle this. Anyone have any idea of scores out there for this last weekend at this age group?
    Ask Mike Smith - it was his harebrained idea. God forbid our little snowflakes know the score.

Comment

Ask Mike Smith - it was his harebrained idea. God forbid our little snowflakes know the score.
      The kids can handle it: it's the parents who can't. Witness the confused looks every time a team tried to build out of the back this past weekend.

Comment

They did this last year for the 07s.

Assuming things work as last year, there will be a State Cup for the 08s, and scores will be posted for that.

Comment

The kids can handle it: it's the parents who can't. Witness the confused looks every time a team tried to build out of the back this past weekend.
          I still think the no-punting and no-heading rules ought to go together. If kids can't head the ball, goalies shouldn't be doing Shane Lechler impersonations.

Comment

I still think the no-punting and no-heading rules ought to go together. If kids can't head the ball, goalies shouldn't be doing Shane Lechler impersonations.
            Absolutely. Only drawback is if you ban punting it will remove the easiest way to tell if the coach is crap.

Comment

Kind of like that, still think the no standings is a bunch of commie B.S.

Comment

So, how do they determine which teams then play in the top premier league in Spring. And, by extension, how do they determine groupings for the State Cup? Hopefully not a Blind Draw. Yeah, the kids can handle it. They've had all summer with posted tournament scores to get used to it - parents too.....Figured we were paying enough money to at least give our kids scores/standings. If I wanted to protect my son's feelings, he'd be playing rec. He's already been asking scores of other games and I have no idea....

Comment

So, how do they determine which teams then play in the top premier league in Spring. And, by extension, how do they determine groupings for the State Cup? Hopefully not a Blind Draw. Yeah, the kids can handle it. They've had all summer with posted tournament scores to get used to it - parents too.....Figured we were paying enough money to at least give our kids scores/standings. If I wanted to protect my son's feelings, he'd be playing rec. He's already been asking scores of other games and I have no idea....
                  Based on what they did last year, it is a blind draw.

Looking to the south - California starts state cup and standings younger then us.

Comment

Based on what they did last year, it is a blind draw.

Looking to the south - California starts state cup and standings younger then us.

Genius move.....

I think Washington might start younger too? Maybe our administrators are more sensitive up here. I'm guessing some of them had sons who played on mediocre teams and didn't want their little feelings hurt.

Comment

This is a great idea. I worked in Barcelona for 8 years and both my boys played in leagues where they did not keep results. It’s pretty common in the rear of the world. Just wait until next year if your child makes the DA....it will be the same.
                      In the end the kids know who they are playing.

The parents on the other hand- NUTS!

I promise you that the kids don’t care at 10 years old and the ones that sulk over a loss on Saturday quickly forget about it.

It’s only the parents that care because they don’t understand how to develop a soccer player.

I was lucky enough to learn as a parent in another country otherwise I would’ve been some whacked out America Football junkie constantly looking at the results of my 7 year olds football league

Comment

This is a great idea. I worked in Barcelona for 8 years and both my boys played in leagues where they did not keep results. It’s pretty common in the rear of the world. Just wait until next year if your child makes the DA....it will be the same.
                        In the end the kids know who they are playing.

The parents on the other hand- NUTS!

I promise you that the kids don’t care at 10 years old and the ones that sulk over a loss on Saturday quickly forget about it.

It’s only the parents that care because they don’t understand how to develop a soccer player.

I was lucky enough to learn as a parent in another country otherwise I would’ve been some whacked out America Football junkie constantly looking at the results of my 7 year olds football league
                        So many generalizations here . . .

Here is Benjamin level competition (u10) - look to be taking it pretty serious in Catalunya: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XZUwkvVQ7w

Here is Isco Cup, can't tell the age, but they aren't old and might be Benjamin as well and sure aren't taking it easy . . .and god forbid the goalie punts the ball sometimes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSv2Nq60WkE

Not say that the Spanish have this right, but to say they are somehow less competitive at younger ages is . . .

Comment

Lol. Wanting to win and being competitive have nothing to do with scores and tables.

Comment

Lol. Wanting to win and being competitive have nothing to do with scores and tables.
                            Fine - here are u10 7th division standings in Barcelona . . .click through and you can see home and away record: http://www.resultados-futbol.com/pre...enjamin/grupo7

Sant PonÇ A gave up 242 goals over 30 games, but they did manage 1 draw over what must have been a brutal season.

I am not saying the Spanish have it right by the way (I love, love, love Spain but they do have a history of overeducated/under worked youth among other problems); just don't think these broad generalizations - other countries don't track winning and losing, don't punt, etc - are helpful unless they are studied with some level of rigor. It gives us more poorly thought through mandates from on-high . . . because somebody with an accent says it is the way it is done overseas.

Comment

Uh no it's pretty obvious that 10 year olds punting the ball is trash in terms of elite development.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X