Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    forgot to add to my big long post, that if these teams are mediocre at best, than any other teams are flat out horrible.
    QFE and the clubs they play for.

Comment

2 good teams, but 25-30 girls with scholarships to play? Com'on....not true.
      Yes, true. If you don't know the teams or the players, you can go to their team websites. If that doesn't work for you (since there is a big conspiracy going on), go to https://sites.google.com/site/soccerrecruits/, which doesn't even include all of them.. If that doesn't satisfy you, go to the websites for the colleges, most of which have references to their incoming classes. If that doesn't satisfy, well I can't help you.
      As is typical on this forum, people love to throw out their half-arse opinions as if they are factual without bothering to check reality.

Comment

Hey D-bag, go to THUSC web page and you can see that the entire team has scholarships. Even if some may be just saying this, it is highly doubtful that they are all just saying this.
        This is awesome for all of these girls to be going to college! Many very impressive schools…I am confused however with you statement about scholarships. You must mean some have athletic and some have academic scholarships. The reason I say this is at least three of the schools listed are division 3. There are also three community colleges which I don't believe typically give academic scholarships.

There accomplishments are outstanding, and i don't mean to bring them down in any way, but I'm sure you wouldn't want to mislead anyone.

Comment

This is awesome for all of these girls to be going to college! Many very impressive schools…I am confused however with you statement about scholarships. You must mean some have athletic and some have academic scholarships. The reason I say this is at least three of the schools listed are division 3. There are also three community colleges which I don't believe typically give academic scholarships.

There accomplishments are outstanding, and i don't mean to bring them down in any way, but I'm sure you wouldn't want to mislead anyone.
          I apologize, my error, I don't believe community colleges typically give athletic scholarships.

Comment

I think the initial point was that there are 25 - 30 players playing college next year, which was in response to some idiot's claim that there are younger teams who will have more college players than these two teams combined. As with any quality team, there will be a range of schools. I would just like to know what younger team is going to be sending 25 girls off to play in college in the next few years.
            I also might add that if anyone thinks his/her team is hot stuff going into high school, or even early in high school, you may be in for a rude awakaning come junior or senior year. It is very difficult to keep the girls interested and together, and my hats off to these two teams.

Comment

I think the initial point was that there are 25 - 30 players playing college next year, which was in response to some idiot's claim that there are younger teams who will have more college players than these two teams combined. As with any quality team, there will be a range of schools. I would just like to know what younger team is going to be sending 25 girls off to play in college in the next few years.
              I also might add that if anyone thinks his/her team is hot stuff going into high school, or even early in high school, you may be in for a rude awakaning come junior or senior year. It is very difficult to keep the girls interested and together, and my hats off to these two teams.
              Why the chip on your shoulder? Forget what everyone else thinks. Your players did well and are about to launch to the next level, and you seem more concerned with what everyone else believes. Try to enjoy where you are.

Comment

First off, roster limits make it impossible for one team to send 25 players off to college. I suspect if you broke the two teams apart maybe you are talking 15-16 from any one team. I am also surprised because all we ever hear from THUSC is D1, D1...while all these girls are headed to some great schools I only see 9 that are going to D1 schools.

Great job for the girls, just demands a little call out because of all the arrogance over the years about how everyone will be D1...

Comment

First off, roster limits make it impossible for one team to send 25 players off to college. I suspect if you broke the two teams apart maybe you are talking 15-16 from any one team. I am also surprised because all we ever hear from THUSC is D1, D1...while all these girls are headed to some great schools I only see 9 that are going to D1 schools.

Great job for the girls, just demands a little call out because of all the arrogance over the years about how everyone will be D1...
                  People are talking about all the girls playing on Sunday including THUSC and Crossfire Oregon girls.

Only 9 girls going to D1 from one team. Only.... LOL!

Comment

People are talking about all the girls playing on Sunday including THUSC and Crossfire Oregon girls.

Only 9 girls going to D1 from one team. Only.... LOL!
                    Yes ONLY...We routinely play against teams where there roster from top to bottom will go D1. You know if you stop acting so full of yourself, you might actually get genuine congratulations.

Probably too late for you, but hopefully you haven't ruined your child.

Comment

Yes ONLY...We routinely play against teams where there roster from top to bottom will go D1. You know if you stop acting so full of yourself, you might actually get genuine congratulations.

And which teams are these??

Comment

Wow, your a hater.

Comment

You're missing the point. The original poster tried to criticize these two teams by stating: "There are younger teams who will put as many players into college as these two teams combined." Given that there are 25 - 30 players between these two teams who will be playing in college next year, I asked the name of the team the original poster is referring to. Of course it's a rhetorical question, because there aren't any and never will be that many players off one team playing in college. There are no younger teams that will even be sending 15-16 unless a club gets ECNL, at which point I do believe there will be one powerhouse team every year. I don't see it as arrogant at all when some idiot calls you out and you defend yourself.

Your comment about "only" 9 going to D1 schools simply makes me laugh. I expect that close to 95% will be playing in college next year from both teams, with the rest electing not to by choice. That's pretty damn impressive. And believe it or not, this is coming from someone who is with a TA club.

Someone else mentioned that his/her daughter "regularly" plays against teams in which everyone on the roster will be playing D1. There are a handful of teams around the country that have those kind of rosters. Unless the poster is from SoCal, that's BS.

Comment

You're missing the point. The original poster tried to criticize these two teams by stating: "There are younger teams who will put as many players into college as these two teams combined." Given that there are 25 - 30 players between these two teams who will be playing in college next year, I asked the name of the team the original poster is referring to. Of course it's a rhetorical question, because there aren't any and never will be that many players off one team playing in college. There are no younger teams that will even be sending 15-16 unless a club gets ECNL, at which point I do believe there will be one powerhouse team every year. I don't see it as arrogant at all when some idiot calls you out and you defend yourself.

Your comment about "only" 9 going to D1 schools simply makes me laugh. I expect that close to 95% will be playing in college next year from both teams, with the rest electing not to by choice. That's pretty damn impressive. And believe it or not, this is coming from someone who is with a TA club.

Someone else mentioned that his/her daughter "regularly" plays against teams in which everyone on the roster will be playing D1. There are a handful of teams around the country that have those kind of rosters. Unless the poster is from SoCal, that's BS.
                            You really come across as a buffoon. "There aren't any and never will be…" Of course there won't be, because you aren't there either… 25 girls divided over two teams is an impressive number, but you have really gone down a rabbit hole, I doubt the original poster said my one team will have more than your two teams.

So lets try being rational 18 players per team. 36 players if you count both that means with a number like 25 roughly 70% of your players are going to college. On a percentage basis they would need 13 players out of there 18 to exceed you..

You act as if you know every team in the country, and can quantify how many will play D1 or not. You also assume you know more about the poster than you do…At what point was it said their "daughter" regularly plays against teams that will send all their players to D1 schools?

Your proclivity to label everyone as idiots spouting BS really sets you up to look stupid when you don't know what you are talking about.

My advice, as another poster told you, lose the chip on your shoulder and enjoy your kids instead of being some momma on the warpath whenever anyone makes a comment you can loosely twist to being negative.

Find peace…Be Happy…it really might make you more pleasant to be around...

Comment

You also assume you know more about the poster than you do…At what point was it said their "daughter" regularly plays against teams that will send all their players to D1 schools?

Post No. 39

Comment

We routinely play against teams where there roster from top to bottom will go D1.

That would be the point at which the poster said it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X