X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    True happiness on the pitch? Priceless.
    I love the soccer experience. But don't kid yourself and suggest that the grand total is $1300 for a year of advanced comp soccer.

Comment

"1300$ plus costs". - Same with me but it's the "plus costs" that adds up quickly to an additional 2-4k/yr depending on how many extra and especially out of state tourneys your team does and how many extra leagues (like NWCL, FWRL). Adds up super fast for my kid to around 4k last year on a top team that travelled a lot. I don't blame the club though, it's our American way of the better you/your team is, the more you pay because who else will pay for all this extra travel and stuff?

Comment

$1300 + cost for uniforms + cost for summer tourneys + travel cost to summer tourneys + RTC fees and gear + ODP state pool fees and gear + regional camp fees and travel + possible ODP regional championship + league travel (might include Medford/Eugene/bend for oysa, might include all over Wa for SW wa teams) + some girls may dabble ECNL + extra turf time + extra training + team parties + gifts for coach and team manager at end of year.... You get the idea.
        Ok, I just looked and my Xfinity bill is $245 per month. So cancel that and you are looking at $3000 cash available per year. Then you replace one family vacation with some soccer travel and that puts another $3000 plus/minus cash available.

I am not saying it doesn't cost a good amount of money.

What I heard from my brother in law recently was that no way could he afford to pay for comp soccer. He had pulled up in his brand new king ranch F450 super truck that set him back $55,000. He commutes in it. Gas plus car payment is probably $800 a month. Trade that in for an Accord and bingo, gas plus car payment savings and you just paid for high level comp soccer.

Comment

My wife likes her latte at $4 per day. Cut that out and you are have $1500 per year.

I like to have two to three beers a night at about $4 per day. Cut that out and you have $1500 per year.

Geico can save you 15% or more with a five minute phone call.

Brown bag lunch is a $2000 annual savings or more.

Comment

Ok, I just looked and my Xfinity bill is $245 per month. So cancel that and you are looking at $3000 cash available per year. Then you replace one family vacation with some soccer travel and that puts another $3000 plus/minus cash available.

I am not saying it doesn't cost a good amount of money.

What I heard from my brother in law recently was that no way could he afford to pay for comp soccer. He had pulled up in his brand new king ranch F450 super truck that set him back $55,000. He commutes in it. Gas plus car payment is probably $800 a month. Trade that in for an Accord and bingo, gas plus car payment savings and you just paid for high level comp soccer.
            Yep everyone has to weigh what is important. For me, laying around on the couch watching TV is top of the food chain so no way I cancel cable. Luckily I have a couple extra bucks to let my kid play soccer too.

Comment

My wife likes her latte at $4 per day. Cut that out and you are have $1500 per year.

I like to have two to three beers a night at about $4 per day. Cut that out and you have $1500 per year.

Brown bag lunch is a $2000 annual savings or more.
              Too bad all those savings are wiped out with obamacare and the old tax cuts expiring. My new health care costs just went up by a couple grand per year, and my last few years refunds of a couple grand have swung to owing a couple grand. So what now? Maybe I should cut my electricity and maybe my winter heat. Food is overrated too.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1224724]

Ladies & Gentleman, we have a winner!

Comment

Too bad all those savings are wiped out with obamacare and the old tax cuts expiring. My new health care costs just went up by a couple grand per year, and my last few years refunds of a couple grand have swung to owing a couple grand. So what now? Maybe I should cut my electricity and maybe my winter heat. Food is overrated too.
                  I was trying to make that argument but I concede that there are a lot of people that comp soccer is a massive burden. No argument against that point.

I hope that kids that qualify to play at the higher levels find a way to make it work.

My hat is off to the people who sacrifice to make it happen for their boys and girls.

Comment

Figure out how much you are paying per hour for competitive soccer. It it a fraction of what you pay a baby sitter or for daycare per hour.

Other expenses are per event. You are paying to travel to a destination for your child (and family) to enjoy. Do you expect this to be free too?

Nothing is free.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X