Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I highly doubt the note said; "Hi parents, you are to blame for losing because the players don't train enough. Love, Coach D-bag."

We are going off of an irate parents interpretation of said email. Like most things I would imagine the truth is somewhere in the middle. The players don't train enough and the coach makes mistakes and might be a bit of an ass.

Outside of knowing what the actual email said, I would be curious to know what age group we are talking about, as my reaction would depend entirely on that. If they are U14 or below, then the parents and coach are both idiots for putting this much emphasis on winning and not HOW they play, win or lose.

If it is U14 or above, then tryout elsewhere and find out if your kid is good enough to make it somewhere else without training outside of practice.
    Thanks captain obvious, but I highly doubt anyone interpreted the original post as a response to a coach sending a note along the lines of what you describe above. Anyone with an IQ slightly north of a Neanderthal can interpret the subtleties and nuances of language and figure out that such a note references some undertones that just don't add up. The problem is coaches who think they coach well but don't, and then after losing a game intimate that the issue is that the kids don't practice enough outside of organized practices. Pretty sure that's not the core issue. Pretty sure performance is most closely correlated with organized practice, the tone the coach sets and the quality of the practice. Pretty obvious.

Comment

Ok

Would be interesting to know if coaching was perceived as bad while the team was doing well, or only after losing a game/receiving unacceptable explanation?

Comment

Thanks captain obvious, but I highly doubt anyone interpreted the original post as a response to a coach sending a note along the lines of what you describe above. Anyone with an IQ slightly north of a Neanderthal can interpret the subtleties and nuances of language and figure out that such a note references some undertones that just don't add up. The problem is coaches who think they coach well but don't, and then after losing a game intimate that the issue is that the kids don't practice enough outside of organized practices. Pretty sure that's not the core issue. Pretty sure performance is most closely correlated with organized practice, the tone the coach sets and the quality of the practice. Pretty obvious.
        Thanks Commander Obvious!

Comment

You completely missed the point of the post you quoted lol. Apparently it wasn't obvious enough.

Comment

You completely missed the point of the post you quoted lol. Apparently it wasn't obvious enough.
            How so. Feel free to explain General Genius.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X