Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So let me get this right TA and Fraser from Southside were just drones following Gavin? Hardly...The eight docs had been a member of Oregon Premier Council within OYSA for several years...no one was forced to move or drug along. At the time the OPL/OYSA split happened the comment was made that if the gains expected from OPL don't materialize then they will rejoin OYSA. So where is the credibility of all the OPL drones? It sure appears like the three remaining with OPL don't want to give up their control, or income.

You also ought to study the composition of the TA, there are clubs who were on both sides of the previous split. These clubs operate independently except where there is benefit as a larger group. GW does not lead the TA, so I guess as all you have shared is OPL propaganda you have zero credibility. Sorry, maybe know your facts next time.
    Gavin, Cony Konstin, and John Bain led the exodus form the OYSA. They rounded up the other clubs and created the OPC and then the OPL. The other clubs followed. They were not happy with how the OYSA was run.

You must be slow if you think the argument about clubs on both sides of the split. The TA handed out TA status like candy to build a large enough group to exit the OPL so they could CONTROL soccer yet again.

It is the same people jerking everyone around for their own personal gain.

Comment

So, it is all the Timbers fault. Some lovely cave you much be living in.

Go read the OPL History and their break with OYSA.

The OPL control of competitive soccer only lasted from 2008 with U11, 2009 with adding 2009, and 2010 for all levels.

With that, OPL has only mattered for a a few yrs.

Competitive Soccer is moving back to OYSA with the Timbers help. I feel so bad for the OPL.

The OPL is not going to be around to long.

Watch the combined LO and Southside group under Crossfire fall apart (Southside is almost broke taking money from it's Rec program to fund the Competitive coaches and Crossfire).

FC PDX does not have the resources it use to being to top heavy with administration.

Who knows what the ECNL see in THUSC.

The OPL is doomed to fall. Long live OYSA and Timber/Thorns.
      FC Portland is a mess. First they fired their DOCs. Then that didn't work out for them so they fired their executive director. My guess is that their top heavy administration isn't so heavy anymore.

Comment

No, I hear some TA teams are going to United Cup.
        Of course they are. The competition will be better at United Cup...

Comment

Gavin, Cony Konstin, and John Bain led the exodus form the OYSA. They rounded up the other clubs and created the OPC and then the OPL. The other clubs followed. They were not happy with how the OYSA was run.

You must be slow if you think the argument about clubs on both sides of the split. The TA handed out TA status like candy to build a large enough group to exit the OPL so they could CONTROL soccer yet again.

It is the same people jerking everyone around for their own personal gain.
          I did notice how TA status popped up like 7-11's; it goes to show just how much "quality" is really there.

Comment

So let me get this right TA and Fraser from Southside were just drones following Gavin? Hardly...The eight docs had been a member of Oregon Premier Council within OYSA for several years...no one was forced to move or drug along. At the time the OPL/OYSA split happened the comment was made that if the gains expected from OPL don't materialize then they will rejoin OYSA. So where is the credibility of all the OPL drones? It sure appears like the three remaining with OPL don't want to give up their control, or income.

You also ought to study the composition of the TA, there are clubs who were on both sides of the previous split. These clubs operate independently except where there is benefit as a larger group. GW does not lead the TA, so I guess as all you have shared is OPL propaganda you have zero credibility. Sorry, maybe know your facts next time.
            Like you have any clue. GW controls the TA absolutely. TA DoCs must do as he says or they'll be booted out of the TA.

And there was no split in 2012/2013. Name one significant club that wasn't playing in the OPL. Woodburn, Columbia County, Cowlitz, and a few small hispanic clubs were all that were keeping OYSA afloat.

Comment

FC Portland is a mess. First they fired their DOCs. Then that didn't work out for them so they fired their executive director. My guess is that their top heavy administration isn't so heavy anymore.
              Nobody has been fired at FCP. DoCs are still in place and aren't paid nearly as much as the full-time DoCs at several other clubs. Executive Director's contract was ended when the need for the position ended. If 2 full-time paid administrators is "top heavy" what do you call clubs that have 4 DoCs, a full-time general manager, and full-time admin staff (ie. WashT)...

Go find another club to lie about.

Comment

Wow ... you all are a bunch of F'in morons.
                You turn a thread on a U12 Boys tournament opportunity into a ******* match over the OPL vs. OYSA and the egos involved. Take your sorry ass attitudes and start your own thread. Or better yet just STFU.
                Please leave now.

Comment

Nobody has been fired at FCP. DoCs are still in place and aren't paid nearly as much as the full-time DoCs at several other clubs. Executive Director's contract was ended when the need for the position ended. If 2 full-time paid administrators is "top heavy" what do you call clubs that have 4 DoCs, a full-time general manager, and full-time admin staff (ie. WashT)...

Go find another club to lie about.
                  HAHAHA - after 10 years his contract wasn't renewed. Good luck proving that wasn't being fired.

Comment

HAHAHA - after 10 years his contract wasn't renewed. Good luck proving that wasn't being fired.
                    No need to prove anything to clowns like you.

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                      Go away!
                      What about the Volkswagen Junior Masters?

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                        Go away!
                        What about the Volkswagen Junior Masters?
                        Which clubs are going to put together mixed U12/U13 teams to participate in this? No 2001 birth year players allowed.

Comment

No need to prove anything to clowns like you.
                          Truth hurts. FC Portland has been declining for years. Maybe this change is what they needed.

Comment

Truth hurts. FC Portland has been declining for years. Maybe this change is what they needed.
                            FC Portland is still a strong and respectable club overall in every age level. Their focus is on development. I just wish they weren't so expensive.

Comment

FC Portland is still a strong and respectable club overall in every age level. Their focus is on development. I just wish they weren't so expensive.
                              Before the split, FCP didn't even have all teams in the premier league. I am not trying to bash them. But the reality is that FCP is not what they used to be.

Comment

Before the split, FCP didn't even have all teams in the premier league. I am not trying to bash them. But the reality is that FCP is not what they used to be.
                                However they did manage to win 3 of the 7 NPL divisions that they competed in. No other club won more than 1. If they aren't what they used to be, they must have been pretty awesome back then...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X