Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Your comments are what scare people. They don't want a parent to learn inside information or have an advantage over others on the team.
    Then go manage a team and shut your pie hole. Team Manager = Team Counselor to all the psycho parents trying to micromanage every aspect of their childs soccer team.

Comment

I have managed the team for a few years now. It is not hard, but is just one of those things you have to keep up with. I have enjoyed getting to know the girls very well through the experience, and I am glad that I have been a team manager.

I must say that the parents who complain are the ones who do nothing. They never host, carpool, or help in any way, and many rarely even show up for games. If you decide not to be involved, don't complain. Don't complain to your kids either, teach them to be grateful...thank you goes a LONG way.

Comment

I have never found it to be a big deal, either being the team manager or having problems when someone else is the manager.

I will say that the only problem seems to stem from people feeling the manager has special insider access, whether it is real or perceived. That is not something I ever cared about, but I have seen it be an issue. This can be avoided when the child of the manager is the best, or one of the best players imo.

Comment

I think the difficulty of doing the team manager job is 10% what level your play and how much your team travels, 5% your own personal organization skills and 85% on the parents of that particular team.
          Some parent groups are just plain pain in the a**'s.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            I think the difficulty of doing the team manager job is 10% what level your play and how much your team travels, 5% your own personal organization skills and 85% on the parents of that particular team.
            Some parent groups are just plain pain in the a**'s.
            The 85% is so TRUE, had a good laugh. Some teams have some Crazies! I think many would be ultimately very surprised at what some managers deal with behind the scenes that nobody knows about. I never knew such crazy people existed.

Comment

I was a team manager for 5 years a while back....have to say the experience was great, mostly due to the kids and parents being awesome and the coaches being amazing. I have heard horror stories but I had no problems at all. And no, I didn't do it for my child to play (was a starter and played a lot of minutes), I was pressured into the job and was thankful that I was able to have the opportunity.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X