Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is your team manager?

How is your soccer team manager? Is this person helpful? Friendly? Does this person communicate well? Are they well liked? If so, what are their best practices you can share? If not, what are they doing poorly? No names of teams, players, or parents please. Do tell.

Your team manager is over worked and under paid.

signed: Your Team Manager

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1206396]How is your soccer team manager? Is this person helpful? Friendly? Does this person communicate well? Are they well liked? If so, what are their best practices you can share? If notwhat are they doing poorly? No names of teams, players, or parents please. Do tell.[/QU.

This is just as bad as using someone jersey # when a question like this is asked.

Comment

Duh

All team managers rock. Stupid thread, anyone who says something bad about a team manager should retroactively assume team manager position.

Comment

Team mgrs don't get anythiing for what they do so even if they do the bare minimum it is awesome and when they go above & beyond, they are saints! Couse I am a former mgr so I know it's more work than you'd think. The job should have to rotate through all the parents to spread the fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            Team mgrs don't get anythiing for what they do so even if they do the bare minimum it is awesome and when they go above & beyond, they are saints! Couse I am a former mgr so I know it's more work than you'd think. The job should have to rotate through all the parents to spread the fun.
            I totally agree with this. Most of the parents that complain about the team manager would never volunteer to do it themselves.

Comment

I totally agree with this. Most of the parents that complain about the team manager would never volunteer to do it themselves.
              I would never complain about our team managers, they are Awesome! They are always there to coordinate and keep the rest of us parents on the right track.

Comment

All team managers are awesome. The very best of them delegate and involve the other parents by assigning tasks like car pool manager or uniform manager to others so that they do not get burnt and others get to/have to share the burden.

Comment

All team managers are awesome. The very best of them delegate and involve the other parents by assigning tasks like car pool manager or uniform manager to others so that they do not get burnt and others get to/have to share the burden.
                  "All" is stretching things a bit. While 95% do a great job, I think many of us know of at least one team manager who is either completely incompetent or is only there so their kid makes the team...

Comment

"All" is stretching things a bit. While 95% do a great job, I think many of us know of at least one team manager who is either completely incompetent or is only there so their kid makes the team...
                    Then you volunteer and do the job. Problem solved,

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                      then you volunteer and do the job. Problem solved,
                      .. ^5 ..

Comment

Move yourself and child away from your team and your problem will be solved.

Comment

Really? Our child made the team long before we signed up as managers. Does the person who started this thread have any idea the work involved in being the manager?

Comment

Then you volunteer and do the job. Problem solved,
                            Done it for years. It's not that difficult if you're organized and your club isn't messed up...

Comment

Done it for years. It's not that difficult if you're organized and your club isn't messed up...
                              Good. Then you do it if you're not satisfied with your team manager.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X