Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It must suck to be so stressed out and obsessed with the opl and oysa split. I'm guessing the persons problems are at home but this seems to be the vessel
    You do a lot of guessing. Ever try "thinking" instead?

Comment

Must be a mistake somewhere. There are no players from TA clubs at all!!!
      Not sure of your point. There are two girls going to UP (not sure why you're bragging about 3). Awesome. There are a number of TA girls heading off to D1 at a variety of other schools as well. If you are D1 caliber, you will be found. I don't care if it's OPL or OYSA.

Comment

?

Yes. And they are vastly outnumbered by kids from FCP and THUSC...
        THUSC now has a total number of 1. FC yes but THUSC no.

Comment

Sorry that the truth bores you. Keep living in your fantasy world if that makes you feel better about your life.
          You really are a nut aren't you? You are the one coming on here claiming that because 3 OPL players are enrolling at U of P that somehow symbolizes OPL being superior to all...you are the one living in fantasy land, the rest of us are bored with your ramblings and couldn't really care less.

Comment

You really are a nut aren't you? You are the one coming on here claiming that because 3 OPL players are enrolling at U of P that somehow symbolizes OPL being superior to all...you are the one living in fantasy land, the rest of us are bored with your ramblings and couldn't really care less.
            Then why keep replying?

Comment

Then why keep replying?
              Because we are hoping when you finally understand how pathetic you look that you might stop.

Comment

The unfortunate truth is that both leagues are weak and it will take a few years to reassemble one respectable league. It is unfortunate that the grown-ups in our state couldn't play well together.

Comment

Because we are hoping when you finally understand how pathetic you look that you might stop.
                  I'm just glad we have a defender of the internet. Champion of idiots. Thank you.

Comment

The unfortunate truth is that both leagues are weak and it will take a few years to reassemble one respectable league. It is unfortunate that the grown-ups in our state couldn't play well together.
                    Absolutely!! It is shameful what we are doing to our soccer. I have just looked at the state cup brackets for both leagues. It is not a state cup. Oregon has been robbed of that by DOC's that do not understand soccer development. We are all REC clubs that are laughed at across the NW. We do not have a state cup. We have OYSA Cup and OPL Cup. How dare these clubs charge so much. What are they charging for? It's certainly not quality coaching. This can be fixed by board members. They need to step up and bring in quality soccer coaches from out of state. Unfortunately board members are put on the board by the DOC's. They specifically vote for weak or clueless individuals so they can carry on with their crappy work and not have anyone question them. Does this sound familiar??
                    Do not kid yourself if you are a winner this May.
                    I am embarrassed for the state of Oregon!!

Comment

Absolutely!! It is shameful what we are doing to our soccer. I have just looked at the state cup brackets for both leagues. It is not a state cup. Oregon has been robbed of that by DOC's that do not understand soccer development. We are all REC clubs that are laughed at across the NW. We do not have a state cup. We have OYSA Cup and OPL Cup. How dare these clubs charge so much. What are they charging for? It's certainly not quality coaching. This can be fixed by board members. They need to step up and bring in quality soccer coaches from out of state. Unfortunately board members are put on the board by the DOC's. They specifically vote for weak or clueless individuals so they can carry on with their crappy work and not have anyone question them. Does this sound familiar??
                      Looking at the OPL and OYSA brackets, there is one pretty obvious conclusion. That is the need to specialize if there is an insistence on a division. Choose an age bracket and compare it between the two leagues, what almost immediately becomes clear is that the leagues should divide on a gender basis. If this was done, it would almost immediately clean up the mess in brackets, it would probably allow for a more successful pitch on the ECNL type leagues.

The biggest problem is clubs trying to be everything to everyone. There is no reason a club couldn't have its girls teams play OPL, and it's boys teams OYSA. The only thing preventing this is the DOC's desire to have "control". Eventually it would be great to have them all under one roof, but maybe this is a step in that direction.

Comment

quality soccer coaches from out of state? That's tough to do.

Do you know how much your club pays coaches? It's not a ton. The logistics of coaching means you can't usually coach more than one or two teams max. So you aren't going to lure someone from out of town that easily. This is usually part time gig that coaches do more for the love of the game.

Comment

Good clubs, the DOC's do not appoint the board. I suggest you find a club where the board members are voted in to place by the membership. And then how about you volunteer to be a board member. If you are a quality individual, you will be voted in. Instead of bitching about it, do something.

Comment

I'm all for bringing in coaches from out of state...just plan on paying $3500-$4500 in club fees.
                            If you come from a club that charges $1300 or less you can assume that your coach makes $5K or less to coach your dd's team....go to Crossfire WA or any other club in Seattle where fees are three times ours and you'll see the top coaches because they pay $15-$20K per team.
                            You all are too tight and bitch about how much fees are already so you might as well drop it

Comment

I'm all for bringing in coaches from out of state...just plan on paying $3500-$4500 in club fees.
                              If you come from a club that charges $1300 or less you can assume that your coach makes $5K or less to coach your dd's team....go to Crossfire WA or any other club in Seattle where fees are three times ours and you'll see the top coaches because they pay $15-$20K per team.
                              You all are too tight and bitch about how much fees are already so you might as well drop it
                              It could happen if the MLS would build top-down models instead of feeding from the lower levels as Timbers are doing.
                              But money is money and it isn't going to happen.
                              Plus USA is too big and the culture doesn't support a Euro model. Why should MLS invest in youth if they're just going to lose them to Football or Basketball, after all?

Comment

^^^^^^^^
                                WORD!
                                Not to mention that not only are their fees 2-3 times what the rate is down here there are mandatory "volunteer hours". However if you don't/can't volunteer you can write a check! (est. an additional $400-$800)

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X