Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Picks for ODP/RTC tournament this weekend?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Coaches have open minds. Kids develop and perceptions change. Those who don't try out won't make it forsure. I would bet 4 or 5 kids who didn't make team in fall will move up in spring.
    It will be interesting to see if many coach perceptions did change. Do kids change that much from two months ago? I suspect it will be the same ones chosen.

Comment

maybe

It will be interesting to see if many coach perceptions did change. Do kids change that much from two months ago? I suspect it will be the same ones chosen.
      Alot of kids that were on team in PHX didn't show up for Eugene. I would be surprised if there weren't some changes.

Comment

Alot of kids that were on team in PHX didn't show up for Eugene. I would be surprised if there weren't some changes.
        Lots figured out it is too political and that they would have to let their club team down due to conflicting schedule and ODP pressure to put them firs, regardless of what it does to their team.

Comment

The 2000 RTC tourney was a mess this year. Mixing the teams backfired when at least 10 players from the pre-Arizona state pool didn't show up. I heard some were at Id2 and others were in Vegas for the Players Showcase. Maybe if all were there and each of the 4 teams would have had 2-3 more high quality players the level of soccer would have been better. The state pool selection will be interesting. Do all the players that missed the event still get a pass to the state pool or are those spots for the players that were in attendance? Either way I think their will be some pissed off parents and players, not to mention some potentially weak teams to play in the Friendship cup.

Comment

The 2000 RTC tourney was a mess this year. Mixing the teams backfired when at least 10 players from the pre-Arizona state pool didn't show up. I heard some were at Id2 and others were in Vegas for the Players Showcase. Maybe if all were there and each of the 4 teams would have had 2-3 more high quality players the level of soccer would have been better. The state pool selection will be interesting. Do all the players that missed the event still get a pass to the state pool or are those spots for the players that were in attendance? Either way I think their will be some pissed off parents and players, not to mention some potentially weak teams to play in the Friendship cup.
            Girls or boys?

Comment

Shows where people's priorities are.... with ODP being last on the list.

Comment

Maybe

Shows where people's priorities are.... with ODP being last on the list.
                Those that have it last on list shouldn't make it to State team. IMHO

Comment

Girls or boys?
                  Girls

Comment

Those that have it last on list shouldn't make it to State team. IMHO
                    But those kids are the best players. The RTC picked the wrong weekend to hold this event. Don't blame the kids. Blame the Timbers.

Comment

yep

But those kids are the best players. The RTC picked the wrong weekend to hold this event. Don't blame the kids. Blame the Timbers.
                      Lots of good kids were in attendance. Some of the best and others that are looking for a shot to develop were there. Tryouts again in 6 months. Time marches on people make choices.

Comment

My daughter for one hopes the kids that were not there because of other commitments will be part of the state pool. If she makes it again she wants to be with the strongest players available, not just the ones that didn't have other commitments or opportunities.

Comment

As someone who has been there, you really want your child to be one of the top ones chosen. Not one chosen as a 16th or 17th pick. Although it is prestigious and you can brag to your friends, your child won't play much and it will be expensive. Kids that don't play much feel bad about their abilities and play worse.

Comment

As someone who has been there, you really want your child to be one of the top ones chosen. Not one chosen as a 16th or 17th pick. Although it is prestigious and you can brag to your friends, your child won't play much and it will be expensive. Kids that don't play much feel bad about their abilities and play worse.
                            Stereo typical parent ^^^^^^^^^

You do realize the cord was cut? Or maybe you still cut your kids food too?

Comment

Wait are you talking about ODP? Hahahahah

Comment

If your kid can't figure out how to deal with not being a starter then you are in the wrong place and should stick with rec soccer. Its incredible the amount of justification most idiot parents make to not want their kids to have to deal with disappointment.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X