X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It all comes down to personal preference

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Is there a way to waterproof kangaroo leather soccer cleats? Or should people in Oregon forget owning a pair?
    If you do favor wearing K-leather, be diligent in treating your shoes with mink oil. Mink oil will not waterproof them but it will help keep the leather from drying up and cracking. Also, and it may be my imagination, but I think the leather sucks up less water when treated with mink oil - though, as I already said, they are not waterproof. I think that k-leather gives the best touch on the ball though a lot of the synthetics are great to. It just comes down to personal preference.

Another thing that I think is helpful if you do prefer k-leather shoes is to alternate between 2 pairs. If you have a game on Saturday and it rains, chances are good that the shoes might still be wet on Sunday if you have another game. K-leather shoes, under no circumstances, should be dried in the sun or over a heater vent, with a hair dryer, etc. They'll just get stiff and crack. Dry them slowly. Putting newspaper in them can help.

I wear Copa Mundials and the Nike Premier. Both are great shoes but fit very differently. The Copa has a bit more room in the toe box but I don't think the Premier is as narrow as a lot of Nikes are. The Premier is also lighter than the Copa and is a bit more modern with a more flexible sole plate. I normally wear a size 12. In the Premier I wear a 12 but in the Copa I wear a 10.5. Big difference in the fit. The other big difference between these shoes is the price. The Copa used to be the best deal in shoes at about $100 but the price has edged up and they now retail for a shade under $150!! They've gone up crazy fast in the past year. With good online shopping they can still be had at a good price, though (eBay, etc) The Premier retails for around $90.

Comment

^^^ The other thing I forgot to mention is besides preferring k-leather, the other reason I like the Premier and the Copa is that I prefer my shoes to be subtle. I just like a simple black & white appearance. The colors on a lot of the shoes out today are just too much. Having said that, adidas has rolled out the Copa in some different colors and Nike has done the same with the Premier. I think that the price on the Copas in a color other than black & white is around $179!! Here is a link to soe pictures of the shoe in different colors. Also, they introduced a limited release of a white shoe with black stripes.

http://www.footyheadlines.com/2013/0...rful-copa.html

Nike has some different colors also:

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/pr...1/pgid-1544519

None of them are for me.

One synthetic shoe that I do want to try is the Nike Hypervenom Phantom. A big issue with that shoe for me is that all of the colors are crazy. I could go the Nike iD route and customize it to a black & white shoe like I prefer but that is $265! I've never paid that much for shoes and don't think I ever could.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        ^^^ The other thing I forgot to mention is besides preferring k-leather, the other reason I like the Premier and the Copa is that I prefer my shoes to be subtle. I just like a simple black & white appearance. The colors on a lot of the shoes out today are just too much. Having said that, adidas has rolled out the Copa in some different colors and Nike has done the same with the Premier. I think that the price on the Copas in a color other than black & white is around $179!! Here is a link to soe pictures of the shoe in different colors. Also, they introduced a limited release of a white shoe with black stripes.

http://www.footyheadlines.com/2013/0...rful-copa.html

Nike has some different colors also:

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/pr...1/pgid-1544519

None of them are for me.

One synthetic shoe that I do want to try is the Nike Hypervenom Phantom. A big issue with that shoe for me is that all of the colors are crazy. I could go the Nike iD route and customize it to a black & white shoe like I prefer but that is $265! I've never paid that much for shoes and don't think I ever could.
        I'm sure you would look great in yellow.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        Working...
        X