X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yawn

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So you can go to the stats and assume you know how the games were played...priceless. What I can tell you after having WATCHED the older ages is that the weak teams lose 2-0 but they get shots on goal. Your stats would imply they lost them 4+ to zero and didn't get shots on goal which was simply NOT what I saw with my own eyes, Even at the first round of the national tournament the weak teams got shots on goal against the strong teams. Please stop trying to PRETNED you know anything about the ECNL unless you have watched more than a ECNL team play in the NWCL.
    The more you talk, the more you demonstrate your ignorance. First you claim that you've been to ECNL events at Surf and Vegas, when those are not ECNL events. Then you claim there is little difference between the top and bottom of ECNL and I post actual data showing there is a very wide gap between top and bottom. Now you claim you've seen all the games and despite the numerous blowouts, they were actually close games. I suppose the 8-0 game between top and bottom in U14 was actually very close. Or the 10-0 game in U15. I'm sure the college scouts were all impressed with the players on the losing team in that "close" 10-0 game. How about the 5-0 game in U16? Was that close? U17, 7-1. U18, 7-0.

But I'm sure they were all close games. LOL!

Comment

So..... what exactly are you trying to prove?

Comment

The more you talk, the more you demonstrate your ignorance. First you claim that you've been to ECNL events at Surf and Vegas, when those are not ECNL events. Then you claim there is little difference between the top and bottom of ECNL and I post actual data showing there is a very wide gap between top and bottom. Now you claim you've seen all the games and despite the numerous blowouts, they were actually close games. I suppose the 8-0 game between top and bottom in U14 was actually very close. Or the 10-0 game in U15. I'm sure the college scouts were all impressed with the players on the losing team in that "close" 10-0 game. How about the 5-0 game in U16? Was that close? U17, 7-1. U18, 7-0.

What's better for development? Lose to another ECNL team 5-0 or beat a TA team 5-0?

Comment

Read carefully

I did not say I watched the youngsters. I never implied that surf or Vegas are ECNL aligned events. However ECNL teams DOMINATE the top divisions. Why do you think you know anything from looking at a stat sheet? If that was all that was required why would coaches go to showcase events to put their eyeballs on players. You want to insult me but and act like you know something when you DON'T and are happy to pretend that your fictional knowledge is superior to actual first hand experience......yep I'm the one demonstrating ignorance....

Comment

Shsssssh

So..... what exactly are you trying to prove?
            Hey don't break his chain of thought he is in the process of writing an algorithm to find the best players/teams without ever having to step on to the sideline!

Comment

I did not say I watched the youngsters. I never implied that surf or Vegas are ECNL aligned events. However ECNL teams DOMINATE the top divisions. Why do you think you know anything from looking at a stat sheet? If that was all that was required why would coaches go to showcase events to put their eyeballs on players. You want to insult me but and act like you know something when you DON'T and are happy to pretend that your fictional knowledge is superior to actual first hand experience......yep I'm the one demonstrating ignorance....
              Who said I know everything from looking at a stat sheet? I've personally witnessed blowouts by ECNL team A against ECNL team B. But unlike you, who backup your claims with nothing but hot air, I back up my claims with factual data. For example, the huge goal differential between top teams and bottom teams in ECNL leagues. For example, the numerous lopsided scores in ECNL games.

Now back to the original point, since you seem incapable of following even the most basic flow of logic. A strong player on a weak ECNL team is going to have difficulty impressing college scouts unless she is a center back or a goalkeeper, because attacking players on weak ECNL teams will see little of the ball. But maybe if she is interested in a career in track, she should invite the track coach to the games because she will spend a lot of time chasing.

Comment

Who said I know everything from looking at a stat sheet? I've personally witnessed blowouts by ECNL team A against ECNL team B. But unlike you, who backup your claims with nothing but hot air, I back up my claims with factual data. For example, the huge goal differential between top teams and bottom teams in ECNL leagues. For example, the numerous lopsided scores in ECNL games.

Now back to the original point, since you seem incapable of following even the most basic flow of logic. A strong player on a weak ECNL team is going to have difficulty impressing college scouts unless she is a center back or a goalkeeper, because attacking players on weak ECNL teams will see little of the ball. But maybe if she is interested in a career in track, she should invite the track coach to the games because she will spend a lot of time chasing.
                And a strong player on a weak team that only plays in their local league will have a hard time impressing college scouts or even seeing college scouts. What is your point?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X