Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Weird thread, I have found the exact opposite to be true, the parents of average players that think their kid is better than the are consistently are the worst.

Many parents of top players say nothing at all because they don't have to.
    Exactly--I was thinking the same thing because that's what I've experienced for the many, many years I've been a youth soccer parent.

Comment

Exactly--I was thinking the same thing because that's what I've experienced for the many, many years I've been a youth soccer parent.
      The absolute worst is the parent singling out the parents of the players from Onyx and Crossfire. That person crossed the line between obnoxious to much worst.

Comment

The absolute worst is the parent singling out the parents of the players from Onyx and Crossfire. That person crossed the line between obnoxious to much worst.
        What does that make you ? You too just did the same.

Comment

My child plays in the Premier Division and throughout the years of coaches we have had, all have explicitly demanded silence from the parents on the sidelines except for the positive cheering for the team and even that is expected to be on a quiet and calm level. Any deviation from these demands from the parents results in their child getting benched. I would have to say that some of the most obnoxious comments do come from a handful of Onyx parents but what I find most interesting is the actual team members of Onyx are the quietest and most respectful players we have played against. One Dad in particular from Onyx probably doesn't care that he is embarrassing his daughter beyond belief or at best doesn't realize how stupid he sounds. Some of our parents have created a drinking game based on every time he makes a stupid repetitious comment. Needless to say, we are completely wasted by half time.

Comment

Originally posted by Marbull View Post
            The difference is I did not specifically call out two 14 year olds. The poster was very specific who he was referencing. How many girls from Onyx went to National Camp? He went as far as say the father was ripping on his daughters teammates.

I called out the poster who no one has a clue who that person is.

Huge difference.

Comment

I agree with others that said the parents of top players are not the problem. I have always found the loudest and most obnoxious parents to be those of the multi sport athletes, who don't understand the game and seem to want to see really big and strong girls barreling into each other and kicking the snot out of the ball, no matter where it goes and are then pissed off and voacal about the fact that their kid is the only one doing that.

Comment

It would be interesting to know who the original poster is. Are they an Obnoxious parent trying to claim their kid is the best, or are they a patent of a mid level kid, trying to bring down everyone else?

Comment

Why is that?

Comment

Why is that?
                    I really don't know what to say if you think that basically calling 2 girls out by name is okay.

Sounds like your jealousy with players better than your dd has gotten the best of you.

Comment

Your logic is completely flawed MoreBULL. Calling these haters who consistently cross the line is fair. It is too bad those cowards can't be called out and shamed.

Comment

I really don't know what to say if you think that basically calling 2 girls out by name is okay.

Sounds like your jealousy with players better than your dd has gotten the best of you.

I do not agree with the fact that the poster "called out 2 girls". Based on what I read, the poster was calling out the PARENTS of some players. If you, as a parent, make the decision to act a fool - embarrass your child - and your club, then you SHOULD be called out and held accountable for your behavior.

As for your misdiagnosis of my emotional investment in the thread..... you couldn't be further from the truth. My daughter (what the heck is "DD" anyhow? can we not call them what they are? They're Daughters, not DD's) is quite successful - but that has absolutely nothing to do with my opinion in this thread.

I think that we - as a soccer parents / community - should hold ourselves, AND one another, MORE accountable for the poor behavior that ruins the sport and experience for kids. We all claim to have our child's best interest in mind, but yelling (regardless of whether it is AT your child - at the ref - at the opponent - or at other parents) is just unacceptable and does not benefit anyone.
                        If you're one of those parents, you have to know that your kid is mortified to hear your yelling. (trust me - I loved my Dad.... but I HATED having him at my games when I was a kid. Hated it. Sad - but true).

Comment

The difference is I did not specifically call out two 14 year olds. The poster was very specific who he was referencing. How many girls from Onyx went to National Camp? He went as far as say the father was ripping on his daughters teammates.

I called out the poster who no one has a clue who that person is.

Huge difference.

If the poster is Talking about Rick, everyone knows him. Its no secret he's as obnoxious as they come and sets the bar pretty high.

Comment

What the heck?

If the poster is Talking about Rick, everyone knows him. Its no secret he's as obnoxious as they come and sets the bar pretty high.
                            I do not agree, I have never heard him say a bad word about any girl, especially an Onyx player. And he is utterly quiet at games. This is why it is bad to come on here and identify players OR their parents, it comes from a weird, jealous and ugly place. I guess you have to look at yourself in the mirror, and question why you need to name someone on this board. Jealous much?

Comment

I do not agree, I have never heard him say a bad word about any girl, especially an Onyx player. And he is utterly quiet at games. This is why it is bad to come on here and identify players OR their parents, it comes from a weird, jealous and ugly place. I guess you have to look at yourself in the mirror, and question why you need to name someone on this board. Jealous much?
                              Agreed... someone feels their dd should have been invited to National Camp or ID2 camp instead.

Have never heard Rick talk negative about any thing other than High School Soccer.

Comment

I do not agree with the fact that the poster "called out 2 girls". Based on what I read, the poster was calling out the PARENTS of some players. If you, as a parent, make the decision to act a fool - embarrass your child - and your club, then you SHOULD be called out and held accountable for your behavior.

As for your misdiagnosis of my emotional investment in the thread..... you couldn't be further from the truth. My daughter (what the heck is "DD" anyhow? can we not call them what they are? They're Daughters, not DD's) is quite successful - but that has absolutely nothing to do with my opinion in this thread.

I think that we - as a soccer parents / community - should hold ourselves, AND one another, MORE accountable for the poor behavior that ruins the sport and experience for kids. We all claim to have our child's best interest in mind, but yelling (regardless of whether it is AT your child - at the ref - at the opponent - or at other parents) is just unacceptable and does not benefit anyone.
                                If you're one of those parents, you have to know that your kid is mortified to hear your yelling. (trust me - I loved my Dad.... but I HATED having him at my games when I was a kid. Hated it. Sad - but true).
                                So it would have been better for you to have someone call out your dad in a public forum with everyone knowing that it was your dad. It's good for someone to point out publicly that your dad was trash talking about your teammates. If you have an issue with a parent why not confront the parent rather than going an anonymous forum and link the bad behavior parent and the player. Not sure why you would agree that it is a good idea to drag a 14 year old girl thru the mud to punish the parent.

There are plenty of obnoxious parents. This includes parents of good players and bad players. I just don't see the point of singling out 2 players parents. It is just wrong to specifically call out two players even if you are referencing their parents. It is just wrong.

Anyone who thinks that this is okay has some serious issues. I am pretty sure that I have correctly diagnosed your emotional attachment in this thread.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X