Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Players = Most obnoxious parents

Why is it that some of the best players have the most annoying/obnoxious parent(s)?

Sorry, I'll tone it down.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Why is it that some of the best players have the most annoying/obnoxious parent(s)?
      The only thing more annoying is when the player is average/below average with equally obnoxious parents.

Comment

Try thinking.

Some of the best players parents apparently irritate you since your player is not as good and you think it's your genetics and fault. Probably is. That being said, my many years watching my DD's excel while others brag boils down to a couple of things: 1) The parents are stupid and think that little Mary will be an Olympic star if she can just get out of playing with U-10's, and 2) The parents are nervous because they know little Sally is not very good.

Both my DD's club teams had several parents lie about colleges recruiting their children and the kids were often worse. A club bench sitter isn't getting a full ride to Berkeley and then turn it down since the kid wants to be close to Mama. Her DD is now a waitress and never went to a 4-year college or played soccer beyond high school.

Anyway, who cares what other idiots say?

Comment

Some of the best players parents apparently irritate you since your player is not as good and you think it's your genetics and fault. Probably is. That being said, my many years watching my DD's excel while others brag boils down to a couple of things: 1) The parents are stupid and think that little Mary will be an Olympic star if she can just get out of playing with U-10's, and 2) The parents are nervous because they know little Sally is not very good.

Both my DD's club teams had several parents lie about colleges recruiting their children and the kids were often worse. A club bench sitter isn't getting a full ride to Berkeley and then turn it down since the kid wants to be close to Mama. Her DD is now a waitress and never went to a 4-year college or played soccer beyond high school.

Agreed, and from my last five years or so of watching my DD play soccer, it's the opposite of the original post. The better kids parents don't say anything. It's the kids that are attempting to play but it's above their head, in terms of skill. There is screaming, making calls for the refs, coaching from the sidelines, etc.. Additionally, the lower divisions bark more then higher ones do on average.

Comment

As a coach I can tell you that it is always the best players parents who are the worst. They live through their kids and garnish recognition from other parents based on their dd achievements. There are exceptions but 99% of the time they are pretty bad.

Comment

I would bet that you are a parent who is exactly what is described here. Seriously.

Comment

As a coach I can tell you that it is always the best players parents who are the worst. They live through their kids and garnish recognition from other parents based on their dd achievements. There are exceptions but 99% of the time they are pretty bad.
                Says the poser who's kid is not very good.

Comment

Equally obnoxious, but in different ways. Camas Crossfire Dad that thinks that Crossfire is one of the best ECNL teams and she is the second coming of Abby Wambach. Or the Onyx dad who's daughter is an unbelievable talent (Natl Camp), but he spends more time criticizing other Onyx player or opponents.

Just enjoy the game

Comment

Equally obnoxious, but in different ways. Camas Crossfire Dad that thinks that Crossfire is one of the best ECNL teams and she is the second coming of Abby Wambach. Or the Onyx dad who's daughter is an unbelievable talent (Natl Camp), but he spends more time criticizing other Onyx player or opponents.

Just enjoy the game
                    The worst is somebody like you who just singled out two 14 year olds and their dad. Sure you can say that you were just talking about there dad and not the player. I think what you did is the worst and I am betting that your dd is not that good. Parents of not so good players can be just as bad if not worst.

Wow... still can't believe you just did that. Especially the comment about the Onyx dad.

Comment

Define obnoxious. Seriously, we know a bad patent when we see one but where is the line exactly?

Comment

IMO yelling and screaming is obnoxious.

Comment

What many people fail to recognize is that the vast majority of the parents who have the most to say have never even played the game. They make up for this by yelling and offering 'tactical' advice which they have picked up on the sidelines. Often this is at odds with what the coaching staff are instructing their kid and the team to do.

A classic example is cheering and whooping when a player launches a ball forward and possession is lost. "Just boot it!!!"

Comment

Really?

I would bet that you are a parent who is exactly what is described here. Seriously.
                            Seriously, can you read and comprehend at least at a third grade level? I never talked about my daughters playing other than to respond to questions of school, illness or injury. If your children ever play at a high level you must know that you are around these people for many years. The least said the better. Team mates found at about my youngest DD's verbal commitment from the coach, not me or her.

Comment

Weird thread, I have found the exact opposite to be true, the parents of average players that think their kid is better than the are consistently are the worst.

Many parents of top players say nothing at all because they don't have to.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X