Best Club for Youth Soccer Development?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All this poll shows, in order, Westside, THUSC, and FC pdx have the most kooks posting on talking soccer. It helps clarify where all the trash comes from. Thx.

Comment

I understand that everyone thinks their club is awesome and will bash the others. I also know that FCP, THUSC, Westside and Crossfire are the bigger generally more successful clubs.

Of the other clubs out there and particularly at the younger ages, are there any that someone would specifically recommend from the standpoint of developing technique specifically?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        I understand that everyone thinks their club is awesome and will bash the others. I also know that FCP, THUSC, Westside and Crossfire are the bigger generally more successful clubs.

Of the other clubs out there and particularly at the younger ages, are there any that someone would specifically recommend from the standpoint of developing technique specifically?
        You will never get what you're looking for. People will bash anything anyone says about their club....

That said....... THUSC is great at developing good players. Their teams start slower because of this. They focus less on tactical development and more on individual development. Their kids dribble more (and in bad places to dribble), but they become more confident on the ball. They try to pass out of the back. I say try because they make mistakes that lead to turnovers and goals against. All of this ends up developing better players and is why THUSC is successful at varying degrees across all older age groups.

Comment

I answered this as the best club I have seen for development outside of the ones my kids are with, as obviously we all think the clubs we are with are the best for development... one would think.

In any event, after having put 4 kids through the Oregon competitive soccer experience and with a 5th wrapping up shortly, the only thing I can say for certain when it comes to development imo, is that the club is the least important factor behind the kid, the parent and the individual coaches in that order.
          Well said, I couldn't agree more.

Comment

You will never get what you're looking for. People will bash anything anyone says about their club....

That said....... THUSC is great at developing good players. Their teams start slower because of this. They focus less on tactical development and more on individual development. Their kids dribble more (and in bad places to dribble), but they become more confident on the ball. They try to pass out of the back. I say try because they make mistakes that lead to turnovers and goals against. All of this ends up developing better players and is why THUSC is successful at varying degrees across all older age groups.
            LOL!! Have you ever watched Iridium play? Their back 4 don't ever dribble or pass out of the back! Only kick....and kick...and kick...and kick...awesome coaching and development.

Comment

LOL!! Have you ever watched Iridium play? Their back 4 don't ever dribble or pass out of the back! Only kick....and kick...and kick...and kick...awesome coaching and development.
              Yep and that is your ODP coach of the year!

Comment

Riiiiight.... of course older teams are not dribbling out of the back! Use your head. I have watched Iridium play. They play out of the back.... unless you don't know what this means.

Comment

Riiiiight.... of course older teams are not dribbling out of the back! Use your head. I have watched Iridium play. They play out of the back.... unless you don't know what this means.
                  There are times to dribble out of the back - at older ages, college, and pro you see it. You have to be comfortable doing it, which they clearly aren't. Watch them again, you clearly are not paying attention if you think they play out of the back. They kick it up the field all day to the good forward. If that's development to you, go for it...

Comment

There are times to dribble out of the back - at older ages, college, and pro you see it. You have to be comfortable doing it, which they clearly aren't. Watch them again, you clearly are not paying attention if you think they play out of the back. They kick it up the field all day to the good forward. If that's development to you, go for it...
                    There are always exceptions and blah blah. We can play this game and go back and fourth all day long.... Iridium is a pretty good team. Are they the best? No. Do they compete against the best in Oregon....YES.

Why attack these kids directly?

Comment

There are always exceptions and blah blah. We can play this game and go back and fourth all day long.... Iridium is a pretty good team. Are they the best? No. Do they compete against the best in Oregon....YES.

Why attack these kids directly?
                      Not attacking the kids directly, I'm sure they are great kids. Making a case against the supposed playing out of the back philosophy that is so encouraged throughout the club.

Good luck to Iridium!

Comment

Not attacking the kids directly, I'm sure they are great kids. Making a case against the supposed playing out of the back philosophy that is so encouraged throughout the club.

Good luck to Iridium!
                        You're calling out 4 girls specifically. Poor choice on your part.

Every club claims their teams play possession. I have watched this team enough to know you're wrong in your assessment.

Comment

You're calling out 4 girls specifically. Poor choice on your part.

Every club claims their teams play possession. I have watched this team enough to know you're wrong in your assessment.
                          You clearly know nothing about soccer if that's your assessment of the team. Nothing against those players, more of an indictment on the club.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                            you clearly know nothing about soccer if that's your assessment of the team. Nothing against those players, more of an indictment on the club.
                            lol... Ok!

Comment

Pro? Do you mean crappy mls? Or direct boot ball of the EPL?

Comment

Pro? Do you mean crappy mls? Or direct boot ball of the EPL?
                                I'm at a loss at the statement above.... EPL plays direct? Isn't there like 20 teams in that league? Your blanket statement doesn't work not to mention you probably don't even follow EPL closely enough to understand.
                                I wouldn't say that the MLS is crappy either, the league is improving each year and with all of the new ideas coming down from the top man things will get even better. The style of play for US Soccer is changing and getter better.....we are creating an identity which we've never had....there are a few things that will help create that identity and that is aligning all of the different levels of talent in one line....
                                There are things going on out in the soccer world that someone like you doesn't even have a clue.....the MLS is our nations league and slowly but surely it will become a reputable league.

Just watch the DA Program as it morphs into a popular feeder program where great players come out of it.
                                Then watch the ECNL finalize their alignment with MLS and the Womens League by early next year. ECNL is in talks with MLS and Womens League right now and plans or set for this.

You can b!tch all you want and say that ECNL is Nike and MLS is Adidas. It doesn't matter in the short term because I can promise you that Nike will be cutting a massive check in 2018 when they bid for the MLS. In 2018 you will see Nike having Womens Pro League and MLS, which will include all ODP and all MLS affiliated clubs. In 2010 Adidas renewed their contract for $220 million....the soccer landscape has changed so much since then and by 2018 there will be a huge portion of Super Advanced Level Soccer that will be held by MLS and affiliates (including Womens Pro League, because they are an affiliate of MLS)....

I've heard Nike is willing to up the ante to $1 billion to get it all back. There is money to be made. Nike wants to fund the Mens DA and the Womens DA alone which is great news for all of you Timbers Alliance members.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X