Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    In the past a red card would be for a coach with a specific team...so if the red carded coach doesn't coach the same team in fall what happens the red adds just go away?
    Red cards then turn blue. Blue is very bad. Do not get a blue card. Trust me. I got one a few years ago and my head exploded.

Comment

Absolutely sure. I asked OYSA.
      This needs to be fixed. In my child's last game of the season we played a team whose coach had been red carded the game before. He was coaching from the stands/not serving his suspension. That should result in him receiving an increased suspension going in to state cup.

Otherwise you may as well not even card them. Hopefully this gets bubbled up to the top and dealt with.

Comment

This needs to be fixed. In my child's last game of the season we played a team whose coach had been red carded the game before. He was coaching from the stands/not serving his suspension. That should result in him receiving an increased suspension going in to state cup.

Otherwise you may as well not even card them. Hopefully this gets bubbled up to the top and dealt with.
        According to the rules, he should have been out of site and is not sllowed to participate. And the use of a cell phone to communicate with the bench is also not allowed (spelled out in the rules ). It also explicitly states in the rules in huge red letters that if a suspended player or coach participates in a match, the match is a forfeit. Personally, I am sick and tired of bad behaviour. If I were you, I would report it.

Comment

According to the rules, he should have been out of site and is not sllowed to participate. And the use of a cell phone to communicate with the bench is also not allowed (spelled out in the rules ). It also explicitly states in the rules in huge red letters that if a suspended player or coach participates in a match, the match is a forfeit. Personally, I am sick and tired of bad behaviour. If I were you, I would report it.
          We are...we have pictures at halftime of him in the stands, the whole team facing him, as he explains techniques. Not only was he there, it was very clear he was coaching...I agree with your frustration, it is stuff like this that leafs players to lack discipline, and not respect the rules.

Comment

We are...we have pictures at halftime of him in the stands, the whole team facing him, as he explains techniques. Not only was he there, it was very clear he was coaching...I agree with your frustration, it is stuff like this that leafs players to lack discipline, and not respect the rules.
            That's awesome. Please let us know what happens. I assume you know to contact the person in charge of disciplinary action as well as the director of the league.
            As they appear in print, the rules sound very threatening and official. It will be interesting to see if, with photo "proof" (it wasn't me, it was my evil twin?), they are actually enforced.
            With regards to the other post about whether a coach's red card carrying over to next season going away he /she coaches another team, it would appear that it does not as the card is tied to the team he/she is coaching.

Comment

That's awesome. Please let us know what happens. I assume you know to contact the person in charge of disciplinary action as well as the director of the league.
              As they appear in print, the rules sound very threatening and official. It will be interesting to see if, with photo "proof" (it wasn't me, it was my evil twin?), they are actually enforced.
              With regards to the other post about whether a coach's red card carrying over to next season going away he /she coaches another team, it would appear that it does not as the card is tied to the team he/she is coaching.
              So if coach Jim coaches the only u-15 team from his club and gets red carded in the past game of the season, and next year he "decides" to coach the u13 team instead what happens?
              1) he has to serve suspension with his new team
              2) the new coach serves the suspension
              3) the suspension "goes away"

This seems like an unacceptable loop hole. And me that might easily tend to be abused.

Comment

So if coach Jim coaches the only u-15 team from his club and gets red carded in the past game of the season, and next year he "decides" to coach the u13 team instead what happens?
                1) he has to serve suspension with his new team
                2) the new coach serves the suspension
                3) the suspension "goes away"

This seems like an unacceptable loop hole. And me that might easily tend to be abused.
                See condition for serving suspensions M4a.

Comment

Uh yeah, they're kids, who cares?

Comment

Uh yeah, they're kids, who cares?
                    I would counter that we all should care.
                    And they weren't all kids. 6 of 15 total red cards in the OYSA state cup qualifying league (boys and girls) and 1 of 5 in the regular spring league were coaches. Coaches that are supposed to set an example for our kids.

Part of playing a competitive sport is the expectation that you adhere to the rules and demonstrate good sportsmanship. As parents it is our job to teach our kids how to behave and act respectfully. And in those instances where the parents might lack in that ability, I would hope the coach would notice and help fill in that gap. Swearing or screaming at the ref and getting ejected from the game doesn't really set a good example. And as a player, laughing or bragging about an ejection shows a lack a maturity since by receiving that card you let your team down. At the time, the action that got the card might not have been intentional, but the result is the same. So, man up, apologize, serve your suspension and move on.

Everyone makes mistakes. Hopefully we learn from them and in the learning don't err again.

That's why we should care.

Comment

And they weren't all kids. 6 of 15 total red cards in the OYSA state cup qualifying league (boys and girls) and 1 of 5 in the regular spring league were coaches. Coaches that are supposed to set an example for our kids.

Part of playing a competitive sport is the expectation that you adhere to the rules and demonstrate good sportsmanship. As parents it is our job to teach our kids how to behave and act respectfully. And in those instances where the parents might lack in that ability, I would hope the coach would notice and help fill in that gap. Swearing or screaming at the ref and getting ejected from the game doesn't really set a good example. And as a player, laughing or bragging about an ejection shows a lack a maturity since by receiving that card you let your team down. At the time, the action that got the card might not have been intentional, but the result is the same. So, man up, apologize, serve your suspension and move on.

Everyone makes mistakes. Hopefully we learn from them and in the learning don't err again.

Yup, pretty much nailed it.

Comment

Get real.

Comment

Get real.
                          To clarify by saying get real I mean not fake.

So be not fake. If you are then you have many ways going forward to have multiple volumes of large round bins holding sad looking glass gnomes.

I wasn't sure if that was clearly stated.

Comment

Absolutely agree, this is what makes it more disturbing when the coaches don't serve their suspensions...this kind of thumbing your nose at disciplinary rules only teaches kids to not respect rules either.

Personally I believe what coaches teach players as far as sportsmanship, and being a good responsible teammate is more important than any soccer skills.

Comment

Absolutely agree, this is what makes it more disturbing when the coaches don't serve their suspensions...this kind of thumbing your nose at disciplinary rules only teaches kids to not respect rules either.

Personally I believe what coaches teach players as far as sportsmanship, and being a good responsible teammate is more important than any soccer skills.
                              So true in my experience. Coaches AND Parents can and do teach sportsmanship with their behavior and the kids are watching and learning from you.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X