• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Six little words

Great article, one Im sure many will appreciate

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rachel...comm_ref=false

Great reminder! Thank you!

Comment

Great article! I hope to hear many parents walking away from a game, win or lose, say, "I love to watch you play".

Comment

The best player on my son's team always begs for a ride home from away games when it's a loss. His dad harps on him the whole trip home about what he did wrong. In fact he harps on him during the game as well

I only say positive things and talk about other than soccer on the ride home.

I wonder if that pressure is good for some kids? My kid, who is very good, would completely rebel against and criticism. He's already a perfectionist first born.

This should be fun. We shouldn't be emotionally invested in the wins/losses.

Comment

"Boot it! Boot it! Boot it!" http://www.talking-soccer.com/TS4/im...cons/icon7.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            "Mud and promises...mud and promises."

Comment

Great advice.

Comment

The best player on my son's team always begs for a ride home from away games when it's a loss. His dad harps on him the whole trip home about what he did wrong. In fact he harps on him during the game as well

I only say positive things and talk about other than soccer on the ride home.

I wonder if that pressure is good for some kids? My kid, who is very good, would completely rebel against and criticism. He's already a perfectionist first born.

This should be fun. We shouldn't be emotionally invested in the wins/losses.
                This is serious soccer, not about having fun. I'm making a substantial investment in her career through ECNL. If your dd can't take the constructive criticism, then she's not college material.

Comment

You Timbers jerks are pathetic. You are what's wrong with soccer in Oregon.

Comment

What did timbers have to do with it.

If your child doesn't think it's fun they will have no initiative to work hard.

It should be fun and serious as well, if they aren't wanting to go to practice, or are telling team mates they don't to be there they shouldn't be there!

Comment

It should be fun and serious as well, if they aren't wanting to go to practice, or are telling team mates they don't to be there they shouldn't be there!
                      It's their constant attack on the ECNL. They can't control it so they attack it. It is pathetic! The Timbers are pathetic as are the TA clubs!

Comment

It's their constant attack on the ECNL. They can't control it so they attack it. It is pathetic! The Timbers are pathetic as are the TA clubs!
                        A couple people making posts on an anonymous forum does not equal a constant attack. You need to get a grip.

Comment

Hmm ... I know a number of kids at the very top of their class academically and not one views studying as fun, yet they all manage to excel without much drama or worrying if they are having fun. Some kids just want to do their very best and/or be the best, and "fun" plays no part in the equation. Some find the end result of being tops or the best as a sufficient motivating factor in and of itself with having fun all along the way. Just different perspectives, goals, and people. That's all. Really bothersome to constantly read these sweeping over generalizations pronounced as indisputable fact.

Comment

A couple people making posts on an anonymous forum does not equal a constant attack. You need to get a grip.
                            It is a concerted effort by the Timbers and TA clubs to attack the ECNL.

Comment

It is a concerted effort by the Timbers and TA clubs to attack the ECNL.
                              Not really, that's just your interpretation. We are at a TA club and haven't heard a peep from the Timbers or our club discouraging us from doing ECNL. You just have some individuals on here that think it's a waste of money for most players and others that think it's money well spent. The same discussion has gone on over the years about ODP.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X