Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Soccer parents ought to focus more on team centered cheering than player hater sneering. IMHO.
    Soccer parents need to stay off this board. Seriously. Are their other sports that have crazy anonymous postings of all sorts of child related drama? Is there a talking baseball? gymnastics? basketball? volleyball?

Comment

Soccer parents need to stay off this board. Seriously. Are their other sports that have crazy anonymous postings of all sorts of child related drama? Is there a talking baseball? gymnastics? basketball? volleyball?
      Yes and they are at least as bad, if not worse. The behavior at some other games is also far worse than anything I have encountered with soccer. I have seen multiple fistfights amongst parents in football and baseball.

All in all parents need to get a freaking grip. Boisterous behavior does more harm than good to your own child, so what is the point?

This is also coming from someone who has been ashamed of themselves a time or two, so I am not saying my house isn't glass. I am trying though. I think this board is helpful, lots of good examples of what not to do, lol.

Comment

Were it up to me, I would use tryouts to see only new players only. Also I would not allow any nosey bothersome soccer mommys (or Daddys) that exhibited poor behavior in and around the pitch or practices to return to the club. Clubs need to remove the poisonous elements of meddlesome parents.

Comment

A little bored today. Why bring this stupid thread back up?

Comment

I just think it is important for clubs to consider parental impact on their tryout choices. Good parents make for good seasons, win or lose.

Comment

Conversely, lousy parents, especially negative selfish ones, make those twelve months unbearable, and eventually cost clubs players when, fed up with poisonous behaviors, leave the club for friendlier pastures.

Comment

Negativity from parents (and players) will destroy the best of teams.
                Toxic. Cancer.

Comment

Exactly.

Comment

Should soccer mommy's and daddy's hangout at tryouts or is it better to just register your kid , drop them off and be invisible? Also, should a parent bring juice boxes and snacks and stuff for our DD and DS for after tryouts? Is that helpful or healthy for athletes?

Comment

If you ignore the sociopath that posts to the thread, eventually he will go away.

Dont feed the troll

Comment

If you ignore the sociopath that posts to the thread, eventually he will go away.

Dont feed the troll
                        Dont feed the troll!!!!!

Comment

Dont feed the troll!!!!!
                          Dont feed the troll!

Comment

Is it ok to watch and cheer at tryouts? I am curious. Or is it better to drop off the kids and be a bit invisible?

Comment

I go and cheer quite a lot. But that is my own belief.

Comment

How does allowing a team to use a couple fast forwards to always play boot ball (which is direct play) helpful to developing the rest of team players? This kind of moronic idea stems from short-sighted, spoiled, parents who are focused on wins, wins only to sooth their twisted egos so they might strut proudly on the way back to to their car post-game. This is exactly why the US is so very far behind in many things, especially soccer. Immediate gratification (wins) traded for long-term success (learning the game) drives these choices in club and rec soccer. One style of play (possession) takes patience and strategic thinking the other caters to emotionally immature children pretending to be sports educated soccer moms. You see mommy wants a win, so Coach better deliver.

These parents really just want to post / share a pic of their DD, sporting a medal from their latest boot ball win onto Facebook, and are more interested in filling out their latest scrapbook, than actually dreaming of their kids learning the beautiful game. The "Soccer Mom", ignorant of the game, drivin by boredom and ego, more intertested in bragging to the neighbor about their young kids meaningless weekend success, are the single worst thing to occur in US soccer. Tell Mom to shut up, stay home, away from the pitch, find a new hobby (kids sports are not an adult hobby) and stop ruining this game with your cursory knowledge of Soccer. Go back to school, volunteer at a homeless shelter, or just take up drinking during the day, but stay out of this game please.
                                I could not agree more.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X