Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Almost all correct. It is 6 as you state and they do meet to discuss and debate. They met Wednesday night.
    There is no debate.

Here is the process we follow:

We nominate between 1 - 7 players from our team. This now happens electronically and is done in the final week of the regular season.

Then, an electronic ballot is sent out with all of the players nominated listed by position. Then each coach in their division votes for the players nominated by position. A vote for 1st team is worth 3 points and a vote for 2nd team is worth 1 point.

Then the board of the NSCAA compiles the votes count. Top 3 GK make 1st team, 2nd team and HM accordingly. Then the top 3 by position (FW, MID, DEF) make 1st team, 4-6 make 2nd team, and #7-9 make Honorable mention.

We only discuss tie breakers if we have players with the same number of votes. So if there is one spot for 1st team FW, and #3 & #4 both have 12 points in the votes, we discuss to see who makes 1st team and see who gets placed on 2nd team in that scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by DI Coach View Post
      There is no debate.

Here is the process we follow:

We nominate between 1 - 7 players from our team. This now happens electronically and is done in the final week of the regular season.

Then, an electronic ballot is sent out with all of the players nominated listed by position. Then each coach in their division votes for the players nominated by position. A vote for 1st team is worth 3 points and a vote for 2nd team is worth 1 point.

Then the board of the NSCAA compiles the votes count. Top 3 GK make 1st team, 2nd team and HM accordingly. Then the top 3 by position (FW, MID, DEF) make 1st team, 4-6 make 2nd team, and #7-9 make Honorable mention.

We only discuss tie breakers if we have players with the same number of votes. So if there is one spot for 1st team FW, and #3 & #4 both have 12 points in the votes, we discuss to see who makes 1st team and see who gets placed on 2nd team in that scenario.
      Definitely not how they do D1 and D2...not sure about D3 and D4. but that post is wrong for sure for D1 and D2

Comment

Definitely not how they do D1 and D2...not sure about D3 and D4. but that post is wrong for sure for D1 and D2
        Then please let everyone know because from my understanding that is how they do it.

Comment

Then please let everyone know because from my understanding that is how they do it.
          That's the problem with all these boards. You are either guessing or hearing second hand from someone not involved.

Coaches nominate up to 6 players. The better teams typically nominate more than the lower tier teams...which should make sense

Each coach votes for GK, 3 Defenders, 3 MF, 3 Forwards, and 1 Utility player (which they can choose any position). These players get 2 points and essentially who each coach believes should be first team all-state.

Same process for the next 11 players. Essentially who they believe is second team all-state. These players get one point.

After all coaches do that the votes are totaled and players in each position with the most votes are first team. Players with the second most are second team. And some players are named honorable mention. If they fall shy of second team and have more than 5 points in votes. So, not everyone who receives a vote is honorable mention.

Any ties are broken by the coaches for their respective division via vote on the night of the meeting.

For All American and All Region coaches from all divisions who are members of UCS (Formally NSCAA) vote for players who are nominated (Must be first team within their respective division). Top "x" vote getters are all region and the one with the most votes gets all American. I say "x" because it depends on how many coaches are members...the more members the more players that can be all region and sometimes 2 all americans like on the girls side this year.

That's it...no more guessing. That's how it works.

Comment

That coach is correct - it is the exact process we follow in D2, I, Iii, or iiii - I have been coaching for 15 years - 8 in DI and now 7 in D2... you are wrong and the coach who explained the process is 100% correct

Comment

That's the problem with all these boards. You are either guessing or hearing second hand from someone not involved.

Coaches nominate up to 6 players. The better teams typically nominate more than the lower tier teams...which should make sense

Each coach votes for GK, 3 Defenders, 3 MF, 3 Forwards, and 1 Utility player (which they can choose any position). These players get 2 points and essentially who each coach believes should be first team all-state.

Same process for the next 11 players. Essentially who they believe is second team all-state. These players get one point.

After all coaches do that the votes are totaled and players in each position with the most votes are first team. Players with the second most are second team. And some players are named honorable mention. If they fall shy of second team and have more than 5 points in votes. So, not everyone who receives a vote is honorable mention.

Any ties are broken by the coaches for their respective division via vote on the night of the meeting.

For All American and All Region coaches from all divisions who are members of UCS (Formally NSCAA) vote for players who are nominated (Must be first team within their respective division). Top "x" vote getters are all region and the one with the most votes gets all American. I say "x" because it depends on how many coaches are members...the more members the more players that can be all region and sometimes 2 all americans like on the girls side this year.

Amen - we tried but apparently others think they know more than those of us in thebprocess

Comment

Originally posted by D2 Coach View Post
                That coach is correct - it is the exact process we follow in D2, I, Iii, or iiii - I have been coaching for 15 years - 8 in DI and now 7 in D2... you are wrong and the coach who explained the process is 100% correct
                Well you're on another planet then...no such thing as an NSCAA board. There are not 3 teams with Honorable mention. You will never see anything printed to that effect. Look at previous years...honorable mentions are just that. They are not a 3rdteam. And only up to 6 are nominated. Sorry. The poster that mentioned people guessing is correct. He/She spelled out the process exactly.

Comment

Well you're on another planet then...no such thing as an NSCAA board. There are not 3 teams with Honorable mention. You will never see anything printed to that effect. Look at previous years...honorable mentions are just that. They are not a 3rdteam. And only up to 6 are nominated. Sorry. The poster that mentioned people guessing is correct. He/She spelled out the process exactly.
                  Ummmm how does humble pie taste?????

http://nhsoccercoaches.com/contact

President: Scott Dunlop scottdunlop28@yahoo.com
                  Vice President: Scott Zipke scottzipke100@gmail.com
                  Secretary/Treasurer: Mike Martinez mmartinez@trinity-hs.org
                  Past President: George Pinkham pinkham1@tds.net
                  At Large: Scott Suleski scott@sdsnewengland.com
                  At Large: Jay Vogt bowvogts@aol.com
                  At Large: Michael Foley soccerfoley@gmail.com
                  New Hampshire Soccer Coaches Association Historian
                  Robert Grabill coachgrabill@gmail.com

There is a 1st team, 2nd team, and then there is a 3rd group of players that are recognized as honorable mention. I love how people who are net there, not in the association, and not a NHIAA soccer coach think they know more than those of us who have done it for 15 years...

Comment

There is a 1st team, 2nd team, and then there is a 3rd group of players that are recognized as honorable mention. I love how people who are net there, not in the association, and not a NHIAA soccer coach think they know more than those of us who have done it for 15 years...
                    Yeah and....you are proving my point. That is not NSCAA like you said. And there is no 3rd team like you said. If you get enough votes then you are honorable mention...which is not what you said...it is what I said.

How is that?

You are not an NHIAA coach. Thanks for proving my point though. Appreciate it

Comment

Yes, thanks for proving you are not. You just proved the other poster's point. You are hilarious. Keep talking and we will prove even further you are not a coach and just inserting yourself. OR you really are clueless and haven't done justice for your players.

Comment

Originally posted by D2 Coach View Post
                        Can this coach identify himself? You are dead wrong.

And if you are gutsy enough, then let's put your money where your mouth is. And when I prove you wrong you can officially say you are full of it and lying or if in fact you are a coach, then you will retire.

Sound fair. If I can't, then I will out myself for the world but sorry there will not be a need. There is clear info around this.

So, the moral is, stop inserting yourself in things you have no idea what you're talking about. Sad, sad, sad.

Comment

I was agreeing with you. I am curious how the person thinks D1 and D2 are different?

Comment

I was agreeing with you. I am curious how the person thinks D1 and D2 are different?
                            Yeah I know. I'm talking about this so-called 15 year HS coach. The original poster posted something he thought was correct. We essentially corrected it. And then Mr. D1/2 coach chimed in with bad info.

Comment

It is an antiquated system that is represented by old guard who politicize the selection process!

Comment

Yes, thanks for proving you are not. You just proved the other poster's point. You are hilarious. Keep talking and we will prove even further you are not a coach and just inserting yourself. OR you really are clueless and haven't done justice for your players.

Settle down internet trolls - his post should have said NHSCA not NSCAA....

And the process for all divisions is the same in NH for high school all state. The NHSCA sends ballots, players are nominated, then a final ballot is released back to the coaches in their respective division. There is NOT a separate process for DIII & DIV.... that makes no sense.

1st team, 2nd team, and honorable mention are the 3 levels of recognition. Coaches meet in November to only vote on tie breakers and then nominate, discuss, and vote for players for NSCAA All Region or All American status.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X