Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I think anonymous internet posters who name young players and rag on them are right in the same class as pedophiles.
    If you think that, you are an idiot.

Comment

Seriously, you believe people don't have a right to say something about this? The older boy never had the talent to play at Stanford. That was a father pushing a son further than he was capable of. Calling in a few professional favors. Now, there is another one, who probably shouldn't even be playing D1 and everybody is supposed to look away like it isn't happening?
      NU played Stanford early this year and by the description below, it was a close game where they lost 1-0. He's playing well for NU now so it could be surmised that the talent between NU and Stanford is not that wide. I know Stanford has better talent wise overall (higher ranked) but not so much that an NU player doing well at NU would not do ok there. Maybe he just wanted a lot more playing time than he was getting there.

Either way- let's stop this speculation - because that's what it is -pure speculation- since it can be argued both ways.

http://www.gonu.com/news/2015/9/5/MS...aspx?path=msoc

Comment

So far big bro is seeing plenty so I'd expect more of the same.
        He has appeared in 3 of 8 games for NU. Does that constitute "plenty" of action? Go ahead and see how many games he played for Stanford.

Comment

NU played Stanford early this year and by the description below, it was a close game where they lost 1-0. He's playing well for NU now so it could be surmised that the talent between NU and Stanford is not that wide. I know Stanford has better talent wise overall (higher ranked) but not so much that an NU player doing well at NU would not do ok there. Maybe he just wanted a lot more playing time than he was getting there.

Either way- let's stop this speculation - because that's what it is -pure speculation- since it can be argued both ways.

You mean more than none?

Comment

You can surmise no such thing since he didn't play at all at Stanford. In fact, it proves just the opposite of what you are saying. I guess it also may help a little with playing time if your dad decides when you get off the bench.

Comment

You can surmise no such thing since he didn't play at all at Stanford. In fact, it proves just the opposite of what you are saying. I guess it also may help a little with playing time if your dad decides when you get off the bench.
              What a CIRCUS >>> Another reason not to go play at NEU

Comment

If you think that, you are an idiot.
                So you think it is ok and cool to spend all day stalking and positing about a teenager? Very, very weird.

Comment

You mean more than none?
                  he was a freshman- they typically get zero to none (playing time) freshman year- since he didn't get any playing time, probably means he knew wasn't going to get much playing time sophomore year so he left. Still does not mean he was not going to make it as a stanford player- we just don't know

Comment

So you think it is ok and cool to spend all day stalking and positing about a teenager? Very, very weird.
                    If you compare talking about a soccer player to sexually violating children that makes YOU the weird one. There are degrees of behavior.

Comment

If you compare talking about a soccer player to sexually violating children that makes YOU the weird one. There are degrees of behavior.
                      Yes, and the degree of YOUR behavior is questionable.

Comment

Yes, and the degree of YOUR behavior is questionable.
                        Why? Because I question nepotism?

Comment

he was a freshman- they typically get zero to none (playing time) freshman year- since he didn't get any playing time, probably means he knew wasn't going to get much playing time sophomore year so he left. Still does not mean he was not going to make it as a stanford player- we just don't know
                          If freshmen typically get zero to none playing time, how would he know he wasn't going to get much time as a soph?

Comment

If freshmen typically get zero to none playing time, how would he know he wasn't going to get much time as a soph?
                            The only way he would have known is if the coach sat him down and told him he wasn't in their future plans.

Comment

that is not correct. MANY freshman don't, but highly touted and experienced frosh play plenty. I don't think current USMNT player and sophomore JM at Stanford spent much time on the bench as a freshman. There are many otehrs like this.

Comment

that is not correct. MANY freshman don't, but highly touted and experienced frosh play plenty. I don't think current USMNT player and sophomore JM at Stanford spent much time on the bench as a freshman. There are many otehrs like this.
                                that's why I used the word "typically"

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X