X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Past D1 champs
    Central only 2 time champ. Repeating isn't easy.

06 Braintree
    07 Acton-Boxborough
    08 Minnechaug
    09 Algonquin
    10 Central Catholic
    11 Peabody
    12 Franklin
    13 Newton North
    14 West Springfield
    15 Needham
    16 Central Catholic
    17 Wachusett
    18 ???
    How many seniors did Wachusett lose from last years team? Were they starters?

Comment

Handful but nobody that couldn’t be replaced. 18 returning players. 12 Seniors graduating this year.

Comment

Past D1 champs

06 Braintree
        07 Acton-Boxborough
        08 Minnechaug
        09 Algonquin
        10 Central Catholic
        11 Peabody
        12 Franklin
        13 Newton North
        14 West Springfield
        15 Needham
        16 Central Catholic
        17 Wachusett
        18 ???
        4 from both the North and South; two from the Central and West. Sounds about right

Comment

4 from both the North and South; two from the Central and West. Sounds about right
          I think 5 from North.
          2 CC
          1 AB
          1 NN
          1 Peabody
          =5

Comment

I think 5 from North.
            2 CC
            1 AB
            1 NN
            1 Peabody
            =5
            my mistake - I thought NN was in the South region

Comment

my mistake - I thought NN was in the South region
              The way they split the BSC is messed up. I think they use location to Route 9 as the line of demarcation. Brookline, NN & Framingham to the North region, Natick and Wellesley to the South region, even though both are pretty close to Rt 9. The remainder to the BSC in the South makes sense.

Comment

The way they split the BSC is messed up. I think they use location to Route 9 as the line of demarcation. Brookline, NN & Framingham to the North region, Natick and Wellesley to the South region, even though both are pretty close to Rt 9. The remainder to the BSC in the South makes sense.
                D1, 3 and 4 games have been moved, check the MIAA site for time and place.

Comment

There are 27 girls North D1 teams and 25 South. So you could move a Framingham, NN or Brookline over and it would be even.

But the Boys makes no sense at all...there you have 29 North and 23 South. All 3 of those schools should be South. Then it would be 26 and 26.

The 52 total for both genders is coincidental. They're not all the same schools due to male/female enrollment differences and all boys/girls schools.

Comment

There are 27 girls North D1 teams and 25 South. So you could move a Framingham, NN or Brookline over and it would be even.

But the Boys makes no sense at all...there you have 29 North and 23 South. All 3 of those schools should be South. Then it would be 26 and 26.

The 52 total for both genders is coincidental. They're not all the same schools due to male/female enrollment differences and all boys/girls schools.

And I think it changes for basketball - Brookline is in the south for basketball yet north for soccer.

Comment

Past D1 champs

06 Braintree
                      07 Acton-Boxborough
                      08 Minnechaug
                      09 Algonquin
                      10 Central Catholic
                      11 Peabody
                      12 Franklin
                      13 Newton North
                      14 West Springfield
                      15 Needham
                      16 Central Catholic
                      17 Wachusett
                      18 ???
                      Wachusett back to back.

Comment

Really tough to win back to back titles. Congrats to Wachusett. They have been able to do something that teams have not been able to do at the D1 level. While they do have a big senior class there players up the middle are sophomores. They will be strong again next year.

Comment

last team to win back to back?

Comment

I think Braintree won back to back

Comment

While they do have a big senior class there players up the middle are sophomores. They will be strong again next year.
                              The GK is a junior and has been a big contributor to the teams success, but everyone else who has led this run will be gone except for one sophomore who replaced MP in the midfield. It's a totally different group taking the field next fall.

Comment

Who won D2?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X