X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Is this fake news?
    Sadly it is true. RM is one of the good guys.

Comment

New woman AD will hire a new woman head coach

Comment

What D3 school did your kid go to "for the academics"? It's an important question that can be confusing to newcomers
        There are a lot of great D3 schools for academics and there are also some that have very good soccer teams that are capable of beating a good number of D1 teams.

There are also many great D1 schools for academics and some that are not so good. Just to go to a D1 school because a players commits and the coach wants them is not a good reason. It has to be a good fit in all regards. Look at the rate of attrition for female D1 players. Its staggering. A good percentage of those kids realize that once the're not playing soccer anymore that the school they're at isn't for them and they end up transferring.

The key is to find a school that is a good fit without the soccer aspect. It doesn't matter if it's D1, D2, D3, or NAIA. A kid needs to ask themselves that if they weren't playing soccer would that be a school that they would want to be at. If they were injured and couldn't play anymore would they want to be there. If the coach left to another school and the new coach didn't like them would they want to be there.

Comment

There are a lot of great D3 schools for academics and there are also some that have very good soccer teams that are capable of beating a good number of D1 teams.

There are also many great D1 schools for academics and some that are not so good. Just to go to a D1 school because a players commits and the coach wants them is not a good reason. It has to be a good fit in all regards. Look at the rate of attrition for female D1 players. Its staggering. A good percentage of those kids realize that once the're not playing soccer anymore that the school they're at isn't for them and they end up transferring.

The key is to find a school that is a good fit without the soccer aspect. It doesn't matter if it's D1, D2, D3, or NAIA. A kid needs to ask themselves that if they weren't playing soccer would that be a school that they would want to be at. If they were injured and couldn't play anymore would they want to be there. If the coach left to another school and the new coach didn't like them would they want to be there.
          The attrition and transfer rates are even worse for men. Look at a school like UCONN - lots of foreign players who get.most of the playing time. Getting a spot is a small part of the battle

Comment

Are you the same pervert that used to watch your daughter's CFC training sessions with binoculars and take pictures of her teammates with a telephoto lens? I heard about you.
            Looks like my daughter was right. Your daughter should spend less time on her knees and more time paying attention

Comment

I understand that and I completely agree, however if you want meaningful info on the subject, do a little research, make a few calls if needed, but don’t come on here and listen to these know it alls have a ******* contest. PS - My kid isn’t in college yet, but I played D1 at what some would consider a pretty great academic school. Not sure why you make it out like playing at a D3 school “for the academics” is a negative? I almost did the same thing (two D3’s were on my final 3 list), I didn’t choose D1 just to say that I played D1. Everything about my final choice was driven by academic fit and campus feel for me. I think that’s part of the problem on this site...way too much focus on level that your kid will play at. At the end of the day, none of our kids (posters on this site) are going pro. Choose your school for the school, if you can play 4 more years of the sport you love and get the best education that you can, then you’ve won the lottery.
              well said!!

Comment

Nice guy...
                Good luck to Todd.
                Any whispers of the Yale assistants staying on going elsewhere? Press release, as per usual, says they will start a 'national search for next head coach'.

Comment

Any whispers of the Yale assistants staying on going elsewhere? Press release, as per usual, says they will start a 'national search for next head coach'.
                  Most likely they will do an actual search. The Ivy league has gotten more competitive. If they're qualified they can apply like any other candidate. If another coach comes in then they have to prove they're worthy of keeping their jobs. That's how it works.

Comment

TP is a good guy. Wish him the best.

Comment

Good guy but a poor coach

Comment

Good guy but a poor coach
                        And you’re a poor person. Talk about kicking a guy on the ground. Smh.

Comment

And you’re a poor person. Talk about kicking a guy on the ground. Smh.
                          Sorry Todd, but the truth hurts

Comment

I am sure that recruiting for Yale is not without its hurdles, but there are/were just too many kids from CT/NY on the team. It should have been all FL/TX/CA for a national university like Yale.

Comment

I am sure that recruiting for Yale is not without its hurdles, but there are/were just too many kids from CT/NY on the team. It should have been all FL/TX/CA for a national university like Yale.
                              Top players from those areas are going to the power 5 conferences. Few have the grades to get admitted to an Ivy.

Comment

Most likely they will do an actual search. The Ivy league has gotten more competitive. If they're qualified they can apply like any other candidate. If another coach comes in then they have to prove they're worthy of keeping their jobs. That's how it works.
                                Top coaches bring in their own assistants. I expect them to clean house with the entire staff that is there. None will survive.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X